Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyoko_old
I have been rank 35k for like a year now and i just don't get better =[
Rewben2
I'll be your coach-senpai

play more
uzzi
You just needa play the right maps, look at the top ranks of the people around you and a bit higher than you.
NinjaNick
Tips coming from the Ninja. Don't play easy maps to get PP, challenge yourself. PP doesn't always show how good you are. Overtime you will get better.
Topic Starter
Nyoko_old

NinjaNick wrote:

Tips coming from the Ninja. Don't play easy maps to get PP, challenge yourself. PP doesn't always show how good you are. Overtime you will get better.
But I feel it's the opposite... My current top PP play i got 6 months ago I can't even pass.
nrl

NinjaNick wrote:

i bet ur not rly a ninja
B1rd
I tried playing more, it doesn't work.
Vuelo Eluko
play hard as shit stuff most of the time and then every so often try to get some PP to see if you improved. thats the best way. thats how i spiked so hard and replaced like all my top ranks 2 weeks ago. now im just going back to nofailing/playing stuff i barely pass and then in another month or so im gonna spike again
Varetyr
Two words :
Stickied
Threads.

And if you're too lazy to read all of that, it's fine, there's another great solution in two words :
Play
More.

+ some quotes that you might need right now, from what I can see.

edit cause failed links
B1rd
Some people just don't have any talent, and no amount of stickied threads or playing more will make them better than the players who play a lot and have talent.
nrl
Then those players are out of luck, plain and simple. It isn't that "play more" is the easiest answer, it's that it's the only answer. osu! is a very simple game.
Topic Starter
Nyoko_old

B1rd wrote:

Some people just don't have any talent, and no amount of stickied threads or playing more will make them better than the players who play a lot and have talent.
So I should give up :(?
D e s
Try play long duration enjoying song like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/36319 with NF is possible. Blank your mind while playing, dont let miss motivate you to retry. Play song until it finished
Synpoo
never gonna give u up
darkmiz
play DT
buny

Nyoko wrote:

NinjaNick wrote:

But I feel it's the opposite... My current top PP play i got 6 months ago I can't even pass.
That means you're worse than you were before and you don't deserve a better rank.

Your play history shows that you put nearly no effort into improving, so suck it up and accept that you aren't half as good as you were expecting yourself to be.
Varetyr

Nyoko wrote:

Yes.

At least, if random people you just met on the Internet telling you to stop is enough to convince you, then yes, you should.
benjanyan

Nyoko wrote:

I have been rank 35k for like a year now and i just don't get better =[
Maybe you're old and crap like me. *hugs*

Edit: the game has become a lot more competitive in the last two or so years too. You are improving if your rank's staying the same.
FlyingKebab
Put NF on and spam 5 star maps for a week, come back to your previous difficult maps too see how much you have improved, if you didn't FC on your first try then that's another week of NF, trust me this is the fastest way of improving. But you will need to fine tune some Things later since you will have rushed good reading and aim.
zwoots
I'll be your coach. Just let me stay at your house and eat all your food and I'll teach you everything I know about osu.
Woobowiz

FlyingKebab wrote:

Put NF on and spam 5 star maps for a week, come back to your previous difficult maps too see how much you have improved, if you didn't FC on your first try then that's another week of NF, trust me this is the fastest way of improving. But you will need to fine tune some Things later since you will have rushed good reading and aim.
That's horrible advice and will teach him nothing but how to mash through a 5-star map with NF mod. A better method than yours is to cycle between maps he can A/B-rank consistently. Then turn down the difficulty just a little and go for FCs.
FlyingKebab

Woobowiz wrote:

That's horrible advice and will teach him nothing but how to mash through a 5-star map with NF mod. A better method than yours is to cycle between maps he can A/B-rank consistently. Then turn down the difficulty just a little and go for FCs.
I swear in one year I will be one of the guys that manages something with NF and then I will have the privilege of writing: They said I was wrong, well it seems they were wrong themselves. There are people in the top hundreds that used this method to get better:

JAKACHAN wrote:

Also, the fact that you played songs you couldn't beat with nofail is actually the smartest thing you can do to improve. Most people think they have to play songs they can pass to improve but really playing what you can't or can barely pass is the best way to move forward.
And I don't remember a few misses with a B as in a map you can barely pass. A barely passable map is the one you actually BARELY survive.

I'm not saying that the gradual method is bad in any way, but you shouldn't shun the NF method as useless either.
I Give Up

FlyingKebab wrote:

'm not saying that the gradual method is bad in any way, but you shouldn't shun the NF method as useless either.
NF shouldn't be shunned, but it shouldn't be the first goto choice for practice. Only use NF if you the song you're trying to pass has a choke point. That way you will eventually iron out the wrinkles. But absolutely do not use NF on songs that you will flat line or you won't improve in anyway and you might actually develop bad habits and get worse.
FlyingKebab

KukiMonster wrote:

NF shouldn't be shunned, but it shouldn't be the first goto choice for practice. Only use NF if you the song you're trying to pass has a choke point. That way you will eventually iron out the wrinkles. But absolutely do not use NF on songs that you will flat line or you won't improve in anyway and you might actually develop bad habits and get worse.
Err.. I mean't NF something that you can at least get 65-70% + acc, NF'ing Big Black wont or at least shouldn't give you anything. But 65-70% range songs will give you good challenge that you will eventually overcome.
Noobsicle
65-70% is mashing range though, 80-90% would be better

i ain't gonna fc this shit anytime soon
AmaiHachimitsu
Let me summarize this topic

RaneFire

FlyingKebab wrote:

I'm not saying that the gradual method is bad in any way, but you shouldn't shun the NF method as useless either.
Jakachan plays a musical instrument.

You need to learn rhythm to learn the game. If you have good rhythm, NF could work. If you don't, go gradual.

Mashing is just that, absence of rhythm.
Topic Starter
Nyoko_old
I haev dedcided to give up ;c
Akari-

Nyoko wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Nyoko wrote:

I haev dedcided to give up ;c
you're more talented than me

if you give up you're wasting all of your talent
Woobowiz

FlyingKebab wrote:

There are people in the top hundreds that used this method to get better
The infuriating fact is that you have ZERO proof for that statement, please don't pull facts out of your ass, or at least don't make them widely out of context. They didn't use NF until they were Top 100, maybe when they were 60k like everyone else.

FlyingKebab wrote:

Err.. I mean't NF something that you can at least get 65-70% + acc, NF'ing Big Black wont or at least shouldn't give you anything. But 65-70% range songs will give you good challenge that you will eventually overcome.
65-70% is horrible and just mashing 99% of the time.

There's ZERO challenge in a map you can't remotely play well with at all. At least provide a realistic 80-90% accuracy scenario for challenging maps, at that point you're actually getting something out of it.

65-70% accuracy with NF mod is close to worthless in terms of what you can gain from a map, unless it's a stream practice map.
B1rd
if you give up you will never be good.
Miku Maekawa

RaneFire wrote:

You need to learn rhythm to learn the game
it helps so much to have a fundamental understanding of how beats and metric structure work

not for streaming though my babby fingers are just really weak ><
CXu

FlyingKebab wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

I swear in one year I will be one of the guys that manages something with NF and then I will have the privilege of writing: They said I was wrong, well it seems they were wrong themselves. There are people in the top hundreds that used this method to get better:

JAKACHAN wrote:

Also, the fact that you played songs you couldn't beat with nofail is actually the smartest thing you can do to improve. Most people think they have to play songs they can pass to improve but really playing what you can't or can barely pass is the best way to move forward.
And I don't remember a few misses with a B as in a map you can barely pass. A barely passable map is the one you actually BARELY survive.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it. You won't get better by repeatedly doing something wrong.
MiloSx7

Woobowiz wrote:

FlyingKebab wrote:

two weeks ago i couldn't even get 30% accuracy on eighto and i couldn't even see the circles in time. After playing it for like 300 times, now i get 70% and i am able to play ar9.6 (could barely play ar9) thanks to eighto and i started practicint ar10 now, since one of my goals is to pass airman, nomod
(and yes i have memorized the beatmap, so what? My aim has improved drastically and my rank skyrocketed in the past 3 days, gained like 150pp. Insane...)
Woobowiz

MiloSx7 wrote:

two weeks ago i couldn't even get 30% accuracy on eighto and i couldn't even see the circles in time. After playing it for like 300 times, now i get 70% and i am able to play ar9.6 (could barely play ar9) thanks to eighto and i started practicint ar10 now, since one of my goals is to pass airman, nomod
(and yes i have memorized the beatmap, so what? My aim has improved drastically and my rank skyrocketed in the past 3 days, gained like 150pp. Insane...)
The difference between 30% acc and 70% acc after 2 weeks of playing a map is nothing compared to the difference between 70% acc and 90%+ acc. Mashing is still mashing, going from 30% to 70% just means you hit more notes, it doesn't really prove much besides you can now react to that specific map with AR 10.

And I don't mean to be condescending, but.....an average gain of 50 pp at that rank isn't extraordinary, in fact it is ordinary, regardless of what map you "practiced" on. In fact, not too long ago when I was at that range, it was common to suddenly spike 100-150 pp in a single day.

But if you insist this is the way for you to "improve", you could try out Existence instead of Eighto, see you at the 4 digit rankings :^)
Vuelo Eluko
eighto is easy to read hard to keep up with
show more