forum

Beatmap-Torrents

posted
Total Posts
show more
ThePooN
downloading and seeding with my seedbox all beatmap packs listed on your 1st post!
Topic Starter
freakkater
Domo arigato! Many Thanks! ~love to all seeders~
Klockwerk
Downloading and seeding myself, just wanted to say thanks so much!
chong601

MOAR LEECHERS PLES
chong601
VPS shutted down till Sep 3 for routine management
Topic Starter
freakkater

chong601 wrote:

oh well then see you back in list on 3rd sep.!
chong601

freakkater wrote:

chong601 wrote:

oh well then see you back in list on 3rd sep.!
well horribad news... the VPS that i am currently using having some really bad DDoS recently... instead of routine maintainance, i will perform server migration from Chicago to LA... should be done in 200-600 minutes according to the provider atm... (and some performance tweaks to make the server more responsive to really high upload speed in excess of 20 MB/s since there's some VPS/seedbox with that speed around these days though)

EDIT: have been completely migrated my VPS to another location... the hostname for FTP still remains the same (ftp://chong601.no-ip.org) but the IP has been changed to ftp://64.94.100.118
benjanyan
-
chong601
UPDATE: Server is back up.
Changes:
  1. Changed location to LA
  2. Changed utorrent version to 2.2.1 (screw 3.4.2 they are pure crap)
  3. Some hard disk improvements (we have SSD in place)
Imperf3kt
I'll help :P
Server located in NetherLands

I'll leave everything I grab on there, pretty much until I decide to let the box expire.

Edit: Or rather, I would --- IF I could actually get the .torrent or the magnet link...
chong601

Imperf3kt wrote:

I'll help :P
Server located in NetherLands

I'll leave everything I grab on there, pretty much until I decide to let the box expire.

Edit: Or rather, I would --- IF I could actually get the .torrent or the magnet link...

(Download speed is usually 900 Mbps but limited to 300 Mbps due to hard disk speed limitation)
chong601
Since the beatmap-torrents are now well-seeded... i have stopped all seeding and now focusing on 1-330 extreme big packs till it have 100 seeds...
(I will seed back small torrents after i have done seeding packs 1-330
Topic Starter
freakkater
:idea: :arrow: Website of me now has all .torrent files and magnet links checked and working!
http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
chong601

freakkater wrote:

:idea: :arrow: Website of me now has all .torrent files and magnet links checked and working!
http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
YAY :D
OT: more seeders for the extremely large beatmap torrents please....
electrolytes
Once beatmap pack #370 comes out could you make a new torrent for 1-370, containing the original beatmap packs, and not a repackage into one file?

I know there's good intentions behind the 1-330, but packaging into one file is just a really awful idea for many reasons:
  1. It cuts your seeding pool in two. People using the old torrents can't seed from their files: they have to redownload everything again.
  2. People that downloaded from the site can't seed from those either.
  3. It wastes space when extracting, especially if it's a .rar just containing more .rar files.
  4. Users can't do anything until they have the whole huge file.
  5. Users can't set priority on packs they want sooner than others.
  6. Users can't select individual packs to download and seed, if they just want a few of them. This is especially important for people with bandwidth caps.
  7. Really, torrents are made to support multiple files, letting users select which they want to download and seed. This single file torrent is a huge step backwards and hurts both seeders and leechers in terms of availability, bandwidth, disk space, and downloading options.
If you switch to a single unified torrent, it'll eliminate the need for both the single file 1-330, and all the individual torrents for 1-100, 101-200, etc. You'll have all your seeders in one place, and users will be able to choose which packs they want to download and seed from in their own client.
chong601

electrolytes wrote:

Once beatmap pack #370 comes out could you make a new torrent for 1-370, containing the original beatmap packs, and not a repackage into one file?

I know there's good intentions behind the 1-330, but packaging into one file is just a really awful idea for many reasons:
  1. It cuts your seeding pool in two. People using the old torrents can't seed from their files: they have to redownload everything again.
  3. It wastes space when extracting, especially if it's a .rar just containing more .rar files.
  6. Users can't select individual packs to download and seed, if they just want a few of them. This is especially important for people with bandwidth caps.
  7. Really, torrents are made to support multiple files, letting users select which they want to download and seed. This single file torrent is a huge step backwards and hurts both seeders and leechers in terms of availability, bandwidth, disk space, and downloading options.
If you switch to a single unified torrent, it'll eliminate the need for both the single file 1-330, and all the individual torrents for 1-100, 101-200, etc. You'll have all your seeders in one place, and users will be able to choose which packs they want to download and seed from in their own client.
I am actually preparing to do this which i plan for this style because i only get big beatmap packs first then smal packs thereafter:
1-100
101-200
201-300
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
(This will change when the 301-400 packs are available when all small beatmap packs will be consolidated into one big pack to make file management easier)

The reason I did not download small beatmap packs from 1-300 is because if i chose small packs, I can't seed big beatmap packs as big beatmap packs only have one folder and all 100 packs are in it. If i pack the torrent with big beatmap packs, others can point the small beatmap packs to the big packs in which when they do torrent recheck, i will check those files that are in it and ignores other files unrelated to the torrent.

Yeah the one big chunk of .rar files messed up my hard disk fragmentation due to the way I set my utorrent to use sparse files which makes a high fragmentation issue every time i downloaded the torrent (in which some seeders might experience a few upload influx due to me attempting to make defragmentation easier) and most of those seedbox and VDS/VPS user which i use have size limitations on their hard disk in which if we use these beatmap packs, it will be easier on our side too :)
-[ Kami ]-

chong601 wrote:

electrolytes wrote:

I am actually preparing to do this which i plan for this style because i only get big beatmap packs first then smal packs thereafter:
1-100
101-200
201-300
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
(This will change when the 301-400 packs are available when all small beatmap packs will be consolidated into one big pack to make file management easier)

The reason I did not download small beatmap packs from 1-300 is because if i chose small packs, I can't seed big beatmap packs as big beatmap packs only have one folder and all 100 packs are in it. If i pack the torrent with big beatmap packs, others can point the small beatmap packs to the big packs in which when they do torrent recheck, i will check those files that are in it and ignores other files unrelated to the torrent.

Yeah the one big chunk of .rar files messed up my hard disk fragmentation due to the way I set my utorrent to use sparse files which makes a high fragmentation issue every time i downloaded the torrent (in which some seeders might experience a few upload influx due to me attempting to make defragmentation easier) and most of those seedbox and VDS/VPS user which i use have size limitations on their hard disk in which if we use these beatmap packs, it will be easier on our side too :)
I hear it looks better.
Topic Starter
freakkater
0361-0370, 0371-0380, 0381-0390, 0391-0400, 0000-0400 & 0301-0400 will become available as soon as the relevant packs are online.
:idea: :arrow: i can make 50-packs if you want as well. even a monthly 0000-0xxx is thinkable but i don't know if the interest is high enough for those who want to download/upload. please leave me a PN if you are interested!
-[ Kami ]-

freakkater wrote:

0361-0370, 0371-0380, 0381-0390, 0391-0400, 0000-0400 & 0301-0400 will become available as soon as the relevant packs are online.
:idea: :arrow: i can make 50-packs if you want as well. even a monthly 0000-0xxx is thinkable but i don't know if the interest is high enough for those who want to download/upload. please leave me a PN if you are interested!
It's also a good way to divide the smaller.

However, Most people who download the old songs seem to be all at once.
chong601

-[ Kami ]- wrote:

freakkater wrote:

It's also a good way to divide the smaller.

However, Most people who download the old songs seem to be all at once.
My recommendation: Continue the normal beatmap torrent making, just add the giant beatmap packs which include all big beatmap packs (100 packs) and then followed by small beatmap packs (eg if the giant beatmap packs reached 300, just add small beatmap packs after that (301-310, 311-320 and so on). If new giant beatmap packs released, just add the giant 1st).

tl;dr version of the above: prioritize the future extremely large beatmap packs this way: giant beatmap 1st then followed by small beatmap packs
Topic Starter
freakkater
*working on 1-200, 1-300 torrent*
chong601

freakkater wrote:

*waiting to be the 1st to grab it*
Topic Starter
freakkater

chong601 wrote:

freakkater wrote:

*waiting to be the 1st to grab it*
osu! Beatmap Packs 0001-0200
Magnet | Torrent

*working on 1-300*
Topic Starter
freakkater
osu! Beatmap Packs 0001-0300
Magnet | Torrent

osu! Beatmap Packs 0001-0200
Magnet | Torrent

*done, going to sleep now...*
stvncenz
I love you. I'm on 100mbit down/50mbit up fibre and will seed for as long as i can.
Topic Starter
freakkater
Due to some problems with my DNS-Provider i got bad news for now... my website is unreachable... woking on a fix, but that needs time...
DNS problems solved!
chong601
Great :D

But there's one problem... It seemes that your webpage doesn't have the latest packs (looks like reverted back to the old versions) and the tracker stats is not available for viewing...
Topic Starter
freakkater

chong601 wrote:

Great :D

But there's one problem... It seemes that your webpage doesn't have the latest packs (looks like reverted back to the old versions) and the tracker stats is not available for viewing...
i suppose you are using the old address (kater.selfhost.me/osutor) which i replaced with a single PHP. New link is http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
//edit1: totally missed to change the description in the main article of this thread oopsy... now link is correct here as well...
Topic Starter
freakkater
NEW TORRENT ONLINE!!!
osu! Beatmap Packs 0361-0370
Magnet | Torrent
chong601

freakkater wrote:

NEW TORRENT ONLINE!!!
Magnet | Torrent
Snatched the torrent but 48 KB/s????
B1rd
I will DL and seed for a bit.
Topic Starter
freakkater

chong601 wrote:

freakkater wrote:

NEW TORRENT ONLINE!!!
Magnet | Torrent
Snatched the torrent but 48 KB/s????
yep. had to max-out my speed for the website and tracker availability... until 2017 i will host on this lame shit internet connection... but then i will get 50MB/s down and 10MB/s up at my town! btw you are the first one who loaded the torrent chong... everyone of the first ones will have the slowness of a torrent first and all later-loaders get full bandwith from multiple hosts!
B1rd
OP you are a good person.
[Bystander]
A little ot but...
What p2p client do you use?
Bitorrent is scarey. Utorrent is scarey.
(PUP) :o
Ash Marley
Do you have a torrent of all Ranked beatmaps?
chong601
Bad news... My VPS quota hit 3.2 TB at the moment, all torrents are subjected to a permanent 512 KB/s limit till 30 September

freakkater wrote:

yep. had to max-out my speed for the website and tracker availability... until 2017 i will host on this lame shit internet connection... but then i will get 50MB/s down and 10MB/s up at my town! btw you are the first one who loaded the torrent chong... everyone of the first ones will have the slowness of a torrent first and all later-loaders get full bandwith from multiple hosts!
Speed isn't my first priority... I'll wait till i get 100% for the torrent and i will tank the leechers until everything is sorted :D

[Bystander] wrote:

A little ot but...
What p2p client do you use?
Bitorrent is scarey. Utorrent is scarey.
(PUP) :o
I use uTorrent 2.2.1 (the last version before ads is added)
Yep they are scary but if you still wanna use it, remember to use diskio.sparse_files (and prepare for extreme fragmentation) and as well enable diskio.flush_files to prevent RAM getting filled by Windows if you are using the latest BitTorrent or uTorrent.

Ash Marley wrote:

yep there are
Pack 1-330 (one big RAR)
Pack 1-200 (individual packs)
Pack 1-300 (individual packs)
Packs 301-370 aren't packed into one unless if they are in 100s
Topic Starter
freakkater

Ash Marley wrote:

see website please: http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
Approved Packs 1-10 and 1-11 are available!
All Ranked Maps are included in the other torrents as well (about 95% are ranked)
Ash Marley
Thank you. You're a legend! I'll seed them too.

edit: extracting the rar just gives me a bunch of audio files, images and osu files. Doing the usual dragging the osu file into osu doesn't work. None of them work. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, none of the beatmaps were in separate folders with the associated files. It's all just 1 mixed folder.
chong601

Ash Marley wrote:

Thank you. You're a legend! I'll seed them too.

edit: extracting the rar just gives me a bunch of audio files, images and osu files. Doing the usual dragging the osu file into osu doesn't work. None of them work. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, none of the beatmaps were in separate folders with the associated files. It's all just 1 mixed folder.
O.O did you extracted the .osz file as well? You are doing it wrong.....
The correct way is extract all .rar beatmap packs to /path/to/your/osu!/folder/Songs then launch osu! (if you didn't open it) or press F5 (if you have opened osu!).
DON'T MANUALLY EXTRACT THOSE .OSZ FILES YOURSELF! DOING THAT MIGHT CAUSE SOME ISSUES (like yours)

Edit: which beatmap pack torrent you use?
Salamat
Thank you. I always wait until 10 beatmap packs have been uploaded to download one of your torrents. I get a bunch of new songs every 1-2 months thanks to you. :)
show more