forum

What do my mouse settings equal to dpi?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deyv
Hello, I have a Microsoft 3500 Wireless mouse that is 1000DPI. What I want to know is what my osu settings equal to if it were a higher DPI on 6/11 on windows mouse multiplier, and 1x multiplier on osu!.
Mouse DPI: 1000
Windows Multiplier: 11/11
osu! Multiplier: 6x

I have raw input checked mandatory since I have Windows 8.1
I DO NOT USE MOUSE ACCELERATION
Thank yew
~ c:
nrl
I apologize in advance for not answering your question, but that looks extremely sensitive.
Topic Starter
deyv

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

I apologize in advance for not answering your question, but that looks extremely sensitive.
Everyone else keeps saying that and all my friends that try to move the mouse say that my mouse is broken because it moves across the screen with barely any movement. But to be the settings I have now are even too low.
Rewben2
Raw input bypasses windows settings so your 11/11 windows multiplier is irrelevant, it will default to 6/11 I believe.

I'm not entirely sure but I think the osu! mouse sensitivity option effectively doubles your dpi if x2, triple if 3x and so forth. So using 6x and 1000dpi is effectively 6000dpi (if using x1 ingame osu! sens) which is awfully high.

Deyv wrote:

Everyone else keeps saying that and all my friends that try to move the mouse say that my mouse is broken because it moves across the screen with barely any movement. But to be the settings I have now are even too low.
You have a reasonable mousepad right?
dung eater
6000 seems right. There are 8000+ dpi mouses so you can get more sensitivity at 1x 6/11 input if you want.
Gumpy
6x times in osu!?
Duckk_old

Rewben2 wrote:

Raw input bypasses windows settings so your 11/11 windows multiplier is irrelevant, it will default to 6/11 I believe.

I'm not entirely sure but I think the osu! mouse sensitivity option effectively doubles your dpi if x2, triple if 3x and so forth. So using 6x and 1000dpi is effectively 6000dpi (if using x1 ingame osu! sens) which is awfully high.

Deyv wrote:

You have a reasonable mousepad right?
so wrong.. 1x just means your sensitivity stays the same. Do you know how noticeable 6000 dpi would be to 1000?
Noobsicle

Duckk wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

so wrong.. 1x just means your sensitivity stays the same. Do you know how noticeable 6000 dpi would be to 1000?
you should probably re-read the op
Rewben2

Duckk wrote:

What? You either misread what I said or what the op is saying.
Topic Starter
deyv
I guess I'm never going to get a clear answer >.>
Ichi
I don´t really think there is a way to transfer those settings into an accurate Dpi measure, and if there is, why would you care?. If someone asks you you say you run 1000dpi with 6 osu sens, which is ridiculous by the way. I don´t really see the point in getting your question answered but if you still want an answer lets say you got 6000 dpi there. Anyway just play the game.

Btw, you should change that osu sensitivity ASAP
Rewben2

Deyv wrote:

What was unclear about my answer?

To my knowledge: You use 1000dpi and x1 in osu!, you get 1000dpi. You use 1000dpi and x6 in osu!, you get 6000dpi. I'm pretty sure your "true" dpi is just the two multiplied together. I did some quick testing and 1000dpi with x6 in osu! feels the same as 6000dpi using the mouses softwarre.

Raw input means the game bypasses windows settings, so your 11/11 windows multiplier becomes irrelevant. It defaults to the middle, 6/11. It doesn't matter what your windows multiplier is if you are using raw input.

So to answer your question:
Raw input: On

Will be the same as using 6000dpi, x1 in osu! and 6/11 windows multiplier.
Topic Starter
deyv

Rewben2 wrote:

Deyv wrote:

What was unclear about my answer?

To my knowledge: You use 1000dpi and x1 in osu!, you get 1000dpi. You use 1000dpi and x6 in osu!, you get 6000dpi. I'm pretty sure your "true" dpi is just the two multiplied together. I did some quick testing and 1000dpi with x6 in osu! feels the same as 6000dpi using the mouses softwarre.

Raw input means the game bypasses windows settings, so your 11/11 windows multiplier becomes irrelevant. It defaults to the middle, 6/11. It doesn't matter what your windows multiplier is if you are using raw input.

So to answer your question:
Raw input: On

Will be the same as using 6000dpi, x1 in osu! and 6/11 windows multiplier.
Ahh, okay, thanks man!
Vuelo Eluko
that dpi is absurd
Topic Starter
deyv

Riince wrote:

that dpi is absurd
No it's not, it's still way to slow.
Rewben2

Deyv wrote:

Riince wrote:

that dpi is absurd
It shouldn't be. It probably takes me 4cm~ to move the entire length of my 1080p screen at that dpi.

I asked before, do you have a reasonable mousepad? And does the mouse move smoothly and linearly or does it randomly skip/jump?
Noobsicle
maybe your polling rate/response isn't high enough
i forgot about ie3.0 pros being able to play with 125hz polling rate
you are using a wireless mouse after all lol
nrl

Deyv wrote:

High sensitivity gets a bad rep for a reason. You shouldn't be playing with 6000 effective dpi.
kasdeya
i bet u are super precise.
I Give Up
Just want to point out a couple things. First,there is no superior dpi. People should play at the dpi that is natural to them, and others shouldn't impose ridiculous rules like X dpi = best or Y dpi sucks. Second, adjusting pointer speed causes cursor to skip pixels, at x6 the cursor skips 5 pixels to arrive on the 6th one -- I'm not sure if this is the same for osu! but this is how it is for most software.

@OP: In any case you're better off investing in a native 6000dpi mouse, unfortunately I don't think there are any optical mice that exist with that dpi, and even then it would cost about as much as a tablet. You can get good with your current setup, but it will take wayyyyyy too long to master unnatural cursor movement unless you're a doomsday.
ZenithPhantasm
Sorry to necro but optical mice with 6000 dpi native would be the:
-Razer Deathadder 2013
-Steelseries Rival
-Logitech G502 (Not exactly sure if optical or not but people seem to say it is)