13.33%
Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
bmin11
Welp, what a timing. A new 3DS announced just as I made a bid on eBay. This really fucked me over. Those new features are big enough to make older models obsolete. It can't be compared to DS -> DSi era. It will literally make a difference in playable games.
Azure_Kite
That's what I'm fearing, myself.

It's already happening, considering Xenoblade. Hoping there will at least be some sort of trade-in system so that we can get the upgrade with a decent discount.
BrokenArrow
It's probably not gonna come out before 2015 though (except in Japan of course). My wallet will be ready. I currently only own a NDS Lite so that'll be the appropiate time to upgrade.
bmin11
Adding on to your point, exclusive game releases could still take a while. I guess I shouldn't grief on myself too much and just wait how things turn out. Hell, I didn't even buy a 3DS until today. I'm the least deserving person to be upset about it lol
Jindujun93
Nintendo did not learn a thing from the naming disaster that was the Wii U, did they?
Pretty disappointed that it'll make a significant difference in the games I'll be able to play, especially seeing how my 3DS is actually still looking as good as new, even though I've had that one ever since the very beginning and used it a LOT. If it's be close to breaking down I'd consider buying the new model, but well...
Trash Boat
^ such pessimism. Let's just give them the chance, pls?
Jindujun93
Eh, I don't know about it. There are a couple of decisions that haven't given me too much hope for Nintendo in the last few years, and overall I think it's better not to get my hopes up on that. The 3DS needed way too long to actually have an acceptable library, we all know what the Wii U disaster led to, I'm not really fond of the way they manage the E-shop, and at least for me it looks like this new model will be something I won't really be comfortable with. I just can't throw money out of the window after all.
Azure_Kite

Trash Boat wrote:

^ such pessimism. Let's just give them the chance, pls?
That's what I am doing by being somewhat excited with the upcoming game.

It's not pessimism criticising their choice of naming convention, though. New 3DS is a rather vague and dickish move to consumers when you consider that already one game is exclusive and won't work on other models. Clueless mothers and fathers everywhere will be complaining about this if it's not heavily marked somewhere, you just wait.
mm201
Making n3DS-exclusive games sounds like a marketing disaster. It's way too early into the generation to do this without confusing or angering the customers. It really needs to be handled like DSi with almost no exclusive games.
bmin11
My bid got cancled phew!
Azure_Kite
Dodged a bullet there.

I'm hoping when the n3DS comes out the store I upgrade at will let me transfer my stuff over. Then again, now that 3DS' are linked to the NID Network, should it really matter all that much?

EDIT: Japanese preview showcase is available. Skylanders style object importation/Amiibo, Hardware Skin support? Lol
NaomiMinette
*hopes MH4U bundle will use the new 3DS* Never mind. I think it was confirmed already \o/
Critical Dude
I've never thought that I could feel both happy and ticked off at the same time.
Nintendo - "Toying with emotions every year."
DestinySonata
Ugh. I really hope there are no exclusives for the n3DS.
Azure_Kite

DestinySonata wrote:

Ugh. I really hope there are no exclusives for the n3DS.
There more than likely will be considering having a faster CPU enables so much more, performance and quality-wise. We're already seeing Xenoblade being an n3DS "Exclusive". A CPU upgrade would be rather pointless if Nintendo were to expect developers to cater to the old hardware specs as well. Then again, I guess we saw different clock speeds for the PSP over on the Sony side of things. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
DestinySonata
Can't they just do things like putting an HD game for the n3DS and having a normal definition for the 3DS instead of exclusive games ;w;
mm201
They didn't bump the screen res so it's still 240p :cry:
They could provide more AA or 60fps to the n3DS.
Azure_Kite
Just imagine how smooth the Pokemon X/Y horde battles should be.

Mmmmmmm....

Unless of course, it's a graphics bottleneck, in which case Nintendy haven't said anything about that being upgraded.
Gumpy
No because you can play Pokemon and Ocarina of Time on your Computer.
Azure_Kite

Gumpyyy wrote:

I may have missed something but what does that have to do with anything? are you replying to the poll?
Gumpy

Azure_Kite wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

I may have missed something but what does that have to do with anything? are you replying to the poll?
Yes I am.
NaomiMinette
For Australia and New Zealand people:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... t_november

Kwinii_old
I JUST WISH THIS STUPID 3DS DIDN'T HAVE THAT FUCKIN REGION LOCK GODDAMN THAT FUCKIN IWATA
Azure_Kite
So it seems in Japan KPP is the face of the New 3DS.

NaomiMinette
Saw that earlier. Have ALL my wat /deja vu
Azure_Kite
Top Hat Link is fucking awesome though. Would buy Smash Bros. DLC costumes.
Jinxy
Finally got Layton vs Wright.

Game became real dark real fast, but so many new toys to play with in the courtroom~ Only problem is the whole "irrational witness" thing due the very nature of witch trials, so some parts did need some hand holding to get though

Haven't played a Layton game in ages too, so the soundtrack has been extra awesome especially when themes merge
NaomiMinette
Just in case you weren't sure about getting a particular launch theme in the recent update:

Themes:

Music from themes:

For the second video, go to these times to hear the corresponding music:

0:01 - Ground Theme from Super Mario Bros. (NES Jumping Mario Theme)
1:28 - Elegance (Hanafuda Theme)
4:11 - Secret Course from Super Mario Sunshine (Stamped Felt and Branded Wood Themes)
6:55 - Chill Time (Chess Board, Stripes and Polka Dots Black & White Themes)
9:54 - Hyrule Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Theme)
13:00 - Summer Time (Polka Dots Gold & White Theme)
16:04 - Toad House from Super Mario 3D Land (Mighty Mushrooms Theme)
17:58 - Happy Time (Stars Black & Gold Theme)
21:48 - Rainbow Run from Super Mario 3D World (Completely Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Peach Themes)

EDIT: We now get a pink dot notification whenever new Themes come out.

EDIT 2: We can now gift eShop games to others! (Please keep in mind you need a credit/debit card to be able to do so, though.)
AgrarianSkyX
I personally say, don't get the 3DS, get the 2DS! The 2DS is cheaper because it does have 3D (which I never use because it is very difficult to use), and it is a tonne more durable because it doesn't have hinges! I have a 3DS but I am very favorable over the 2DS.
NaomiMinette
NotEvenDoomMusic

Blazevoir wrote:

Speaking of which: http://nintendoeverything.com/walmart-w ... ovember-3/
I have no idea if the topic about refurbished (officially from Nintendo) units has been tackled on this topic but i'll throw this in eitherways.
They're always at an all-time low price and there's tons of positive testimonials about how the refurbished ones are almost identical to a brand new unit with almost no visible flaws (very minor scratches and dents).

You can only order those in the US and Canada though, i have no idea why but i'll just toss this in:
Nintedo 2DS - 80$
Nintedo 3DS - 95$
Nintedo 3DS XL - 135$
Wii U Deluxe with Nintendo Land Bundle - 200$

Sometimes they even have special edition units in their storehouse, they cost as little as 5-15 bucks more.

Also, since i've been absent for such a long time i don't know if this again, has been tackled in either of the topics surrounding Nintendo:
Here's some good news for all Europeans

Nintendo of Europe has a promotion going if you're registering a 3DS or 2DS handheld with Super Smash Brothers 3DS or Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire you can get those games as a free download:

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    Yoshi's New Island
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe
    Mario Golf: World Tour
    Mario Party: Island Tour
    Pokémon Art Academy
It's eligable until the 12th of January 2015.
Also this promotion is running in those countries:
United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, South Africa, or Russia.

Live in those parts of the world and wanna grab a free (good) game?
Tell your friends!
Trash Boat
The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask will be released on 3DS(I'm surprised that nobody announced it before)
NaomiMinette
Don't really care for it. The Wii U side of today's Nintendo Direct interested me way more.

Full recap:

BrokenArrow
I wanna buy a 3DS but I feel like this is the worst time to get one since the new model will be available soon
Also I'm not a fan of Nintendo's region lock policy they've been using over the past years which is why I never really got in touch with their products
NaomiMinette
BrokenArrow
Thought so.
-Anime-_old_1
im buying a 3ds for x-mas cant wait!!!
_sparky_
There's a free sonic boom theme in the theme shop now...
Syndfell
I bought my 3ds for Fire Emblem Awakening, and plan on buying the new model later on for Xenoblade remake~ But i really enjoy using mine~
NotEvenDoomMusic

_sparky_ wrote:

There's a free sonic boom theme in the theme shop now...
Just checked on my 3DS if that was true.
Apparently Nintendo of Europe (or exclusively Germany, dunno) doesn't have that theme in stock yet or they took it down a few minutes later like every other theme that they want to put up for sale later on (maybe testing if the item is listed at the theme shop)
Usually they put the themes up for 0.00$ everytime they want to release that theme in the shop but you can't actually purchase/download them as Nintendo still hasn't set a price for them yet.

If they were free however, it would be a funny promotional thing from Sega to push sales.
show more