forum

How many times will you attempt to FC a map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Synpoo
I'm pretty sure I played a map over 50 times just now to FC it with HD.

How many tries do you give it before you play a different song?
lesser
At most, 3 times in one day. I'm just too impatient to play one song over and over. Song variety is sacred to me.
silmarilen
nrl

blazeran wrote:

At most, 3 times in one day. I'm just too impatient to play one song over and over. Song variety is sacred to me.
I like this kid.
ZenithPhantasm
ADHD doesn't allow me to retry. Im impatience at its worst.
Vuelo Eluko
4-5 tries max
my most recent 110pp play went like download the song -> one miss halfway through -> retry and FC

seems like the more tries it takes over 5 max, the worse each play goes over time.
Holorin
If it is an easy beatmap, I generally don't spend more than two times playing it.
But for a hard map that interests me and especially if it is a good song, I WILL FC it no matter what :)
Just look at my 200 plays and 110 plays on Nishino Kana's song xD
Pettanko
I don't count the number of retries, instead I count the number of minutes I spend retrying for an FC. I'd say around 30 or 40 minutes is the limit of my patience for one map and if I don't FC it by then I won't attempt it for a while.
Varetyr

silmarilen wrote:

Pretty much. Especially when there's a friend cheering me up.
"Never give up" they said, "you're almost there" they said...
Caionix1313
Well, I personally play through it once, if I feel like it's at a level where I can FC (like I can stream fast enough and the jumps aren't too hectic for me), then I'll keep trying over and over because if I can do it then it's just a matter of time until it happens. However, if the song is outside my reach (massive streams, AR10, etc), then I'll hold off and play it maybe once a day to see if I'm getting any better at it.
piruchan
Depends on the map. If it's challenging and I'm capable of FC-ing, I'll play it 5-10 times and stop when I get FC. But if I don't, I'll leave it and give another 5-10 tries on another day.
winber1
if you're counting in one go, only about 100 max if you count every retry, even the ones where i only played like 2 seconds of the song.

i'll come back to the map for second attempts later on when i feel like it.
B1rd
I retried over 300 times once, came within 10 second of FC. But now I retry a more reasonable number of times.
Rewben2

One day.
I have bad muscle memory or some bullshit at the start and miss almost every time which leads to a retry. Oh well.

The amount I retry depends on where I mess up in the map. If it's towards the start I'll retry a max of around 30. Despite retrying quite a bit a lot of my best plays are from little amount of retries.
MostDakka
It depends on the song. If i like the song then i dont mind repeating it over and over and over and over. But if its some crap that I hate then i'll try max 5-6 times and drop it for the day. Nowdays I rarely grind a map but i used to do it when I were learning hpw to play the game. My historical tab reflects this pretty well cause most of the songs there are hards/easier insanes.
Soarezi
FlyingKebab
I would die if i had to retry a map more than 10 times. Usually i retry up to 3 times. If i don't get a FC then it means that I suck too much for it atm.
YamiHikari
Max 10.
Rokusho
Sometimes I get a lucky fc with a first try, but if I really want to fc a map I play it like 50 times, sometimes even way more.
Maxis
~4-5 if it's a map I'm not too fond of and I really need the FC. I get bored and accept that it's not an 'easy FC,' and try again 2 weeks later.
If I enjoy the map and just want to play it to play it but have the intention in the background to FC, I'll play it completely (keep going even if I mess up) up to 20 times in a day until I eventually get it with decent accuracy or get bored.
Zare
Varies from ~3 to ~20 to ~100, depending on mood and mindset
AmaiHachimitsu
You should give up after a few tries, trust me
sayonara_sekai
if its a fun map/a song i really like maybe 10 times. 2 or 3 times/day for a map I dont really love.
Seizure

if you mean in one go, up to a 100 times, usually takes me less these days. Didn't have that many maps early on so played the same over and over, lol was so stubborn with HD HR intersect TB
Varetyr

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

You should give up after a few tries, trust me
popc0rn
if i'm in the mood i just don't stop retrying
usually between 120-170 (more if it's hdhr)
but it never takes less than 100 retries to get a fc for me ;-;
Rio-

FlyingKebab wrote:

Usually i retry up to 3 times. If i don't get a FC then it means that I suck too much for it atm.
^
otonashi-senpai
Since I fail most of my FC attempts in the first 15 seconds of a song I try it like 10-30 times.
If I fail mostly somewhere later in the song I only try it like 3-5 times.
Mofu kun
depends on the difficulty of the fc
two or three
i usually get an FC on an easy map in one
Sophia
Depends on the song. Can range anywhere from "none" to "Until I FC, playing nothing else until I do it."
xGx

tokaku
ONE DAY

show more