Natteke desu
afabazah chito chaOUberu
congrats
Neymarcus
gozei bd
gozei brasil
kisata
[Kuron's Insane]
Honestly, I think this diff could use a bit more work. Some of the spacing and rhythm choices in the map are really strange. It feels very inconsistent at times.

00:15:249 (1,2,3,4) -
00:18:304 (1,2,3,4) -

Why is the spacing here the same? Despite having a rhythm change, the spacing as is leads you to believe that the musical gap between all four notes is the same. Stuff like this happens in other places too, and it just is not intuitive to play at all. OD7.5 makes it easier, but I still think the spacing could be made much better to accentuate the difference in note timings. 00:12:194 (1,2,3,4) - This was a bit better in how it was done.

00:39:494 - This whole section is filled with undermapping or missed 1/2's, starting here. It's an insane diff, so as to why these are skipped I have no idea, but the overall effect is to mess with the players timing by expecting notes when there are none there.

00:41:977 (3,4,5) - This is ridculous. Why are you skipping the the bass kick on 00:42:168 - ?

00:44:459 (1) - Would have been represented much better by two circles like you did in the rest of the section - it's inconsistent and feels weird as a result. The spacing here is also a bit suspect.

00:50:379 (3) - There is nothing here in the music except for a very quiet hi-hat click. If you're going to map that there, why not map stuff like 00:50:952 - and 00:54:007 - as well.

00:54:389 - Another loud bass note skipped for no apparent reason.

01:07:184 (1,2,3,1,1,2,3,1,2,1) - Another thing that stands out in the diff is how the NC'ing doesn't seem all that consistent at times. Compare it to this 01:04:128 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - . Pick an NC scheme and stick with it.

There's more, but this is just a sample. It's a fun map, but I think this could really have used some more mods before having been qualified. That's just my 2 cents.
Kaguya Hourain
\o/
hehe
PIUBLEB PIUBLEB GRATS ON RAAAAAAANK
Nyukai
In Gangsta's diff, I feel like 00:18:113 (5) it's overmapped since there is not music there, lol.

Anyway, gratz~
Topic Starter
Mismagius

apaffy wrote:

[Kuron's Insane]
Honestly, I think this diff could use a bit more work. Some of the spacing and rhythm choices in the map are really strange. It feels very inconsistent at times.

00:15:249 (1,2,3,4) -
00:18:304 (1,2,3,4) -

Why is the spacing here the same? Despite having a rhythm change, the spacing as is leads you to believe that the musical gap between all four notes is the same. Stuff like this happens in other places too, and it just is not intuitive to play at all. OD7.5 makes it easier, but I still think the spacing could be made much better to accentuate the difference in note timings. 00:12:194 (1,2,3,4) - This was a bit better in how it was done. I am pretty sure that the approach circles and the song itself help on reading this with not much problem. I've done it in Extra too and I haven't seen it trouble any players.

00:39:494 - This whole section is filled with undermapping or missed 1/2's, starting here. It's an insane diff, so as to why these are skipped I have no idea, but the overall effect is to mess with the players timing by expecting notes when there are none there. What? It's perfectly following the beat. There actually isn't 'overmapping' (which I shouldn't really call this way) like the Extra diff. What he's doing here is simply following the strong beats, which is musically correct.

00:41:977 (3,4,5) - This is ridculous. Why are you skipping the the bass kick on 00:42:168 - ? Because he's following the strong beats. It's not ridiculous, it's a way of viewing the song.

00:44:459 (1) - Would have been represented much better by two circles like you did in the rest of the section - it's inconsistent and feels weird as a result. The spacing here is also a bit suspect. Variation is really welcome in maps nowadays. I don't like using always the same rhythm and I'm glad Kuron doesn't do that as well.

00:50:379 (3) - There is nothing here in the music except for a very quiet hi-hat click. If you're going to map that there, why not map stuff like 00:50:952 - and 00:54:007 - as well. Because you can have maps that aren't simply strong beats only and he didn't want it to be a 1/2 spam either. Variation is the key.

00:54:389 - Another loud bass note skipped for no apparent reason. This one I kinda agree with, but then again, mapper's view of the song.

01:07:184 (1,2,3,1,1,2,3,1,2,1) - Another thing that stands out in the diff is how the NC'ing doesn't seem all that consistent at times. Compare it to this 01:04:128 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - . Pick an NC scheme and stick with it. I.. really am trying to get the new combos here. I'm not sure at all if it is intentional, but I think I have overlooked it.

There's more, but this is just a sample. It's a fun map, but I think this could really have used some more mods before having been qualified. That's just my 2 cents.

I don't think it should have been modded more, that would just start to bring down the quality of the map as most of the mods were hitsounding issues or nazi stuff, such as moving notes 1 grid left or so. The biggest input that I've received, mostly on the harder difficulties, was from the players that testplayed the map and found a few issues - almost none of them were rhythmically, mostly with the spacing, which I accordingly fixed. I'm not Kuron-Kun and I'm looking from my own point of view here to answer these, but aside from the NC issues (and maybe a few loud bass skips) I don't think these are big issues. It's mostly mapper's choice whether to map a beat or not and how that will affect the map, and the general players' opinion is that the rhythm is done nicely as it is.

Inyuschan wrote:

In Gangsta's diff, I feel like 00:18:113 (5) it's overmapped since there is not music there, lol.

Anyway, gratz~
true, but it makes for a nice pattern at least lol I may change it if a BAT sees it as enough reason to get the map unqualified.
Akiyama Mizuki

Blue Dragon wrote:

I may change it if a BAT sees it as enough reason to get the map unqualified.
plz no
also congratz for epic mapset
Nyukai

bbj0920 wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

plz no
Let's see what QATs think :P
Kuron-kun
pew pew

Also, I must have forgot. Congratulations Ono for an awesome taiko mapset.
Stefan

bbj0920 wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

plz no
The qualified category is made because of this reason and we should not sweep it under the table if there is potential to increase the map quality. :P
kisata
Yeah, I'd actually like to apologize to you Kuron; the way I said that was really aggressive and I did actually mostly enjoy playing your map. I guess I was a bit frustrated and that came off in my post. You didn't deserve that though, and that's not who I try to be as a person orz.

I still think some of what I said has merit, and I do try to be considerate of people's hard work. This time, I definitely failed at that. I will try harder in the future to remember where other people are coming from! again, sorry ;w;
Kuron-kun
Thank you, all solved now.
Zare

apaffy wrote:

I still think some of what I said has merit, and I do try to be considerate of people's hard work. This time, I definitely failed at that. I will try harder in the future to remember where other people are coming from! again, sorry ;w;
is this still the internet
Garven
Hi Blue Dragon,

On behalf of myself and p3n, we are disqualifying your map for the following reasons:

00:37:203 (1) - Too soon after a spinner in an Easy and also is a different rhythm that isn't played up until that point.
00:49:615 (1) - Then the next one that is pretty soon after as well is at a different rhythm.
Pretty much all the notes after spinners are way too soon for an Easy.

The following is just a suggestion, but would work better in newer player's favor.

Normal's post spinner notes are okay, but it'd be nice if they were closer to the center for ease of recovery.

Feel free to apply any other mods that were posted in here if you wish.
[ BJ ]
rip azer's life for a few recommendations on an easy diff. Dude nice. In all seriousness though there should be a way to just unrank just the easy diff in this situation rather than delete a lot of really hard to do scores on the harder diffs. Just my suggestion.

I can definitely say now with the Quality Assurance Team I won't be playing qualified maps for scores anymore though lol
Crystal
lol
Topic Starter
Mismagius
fixed Easy's spinners, Kuron's NC issue and Gangsta's overmap
Garven
Go big or go home, BJ.
Azer
:/
time to grind hrhd again
TicClick
What!
Edit: fixed a missing hitsound @ 00:37:203. Should be it!
kisata
re-grats
Topic Starter
Mismagius
re-re-re-ranked

Thanks for the help, apaffy, Inyuschan, Garven and TicClick
Kogarou-
Obra prima da música brazileira
Congrats Blue Dragon
Lanturn
This set and song is pretty awesome. Congrats!
Nyukai

Blue Dragon wrote:

re-re-re-ranked

Thanks for the help, apaffy, Inyuschan, Garven and TicClick
My pleasure, I really like the mapset <3

Re-gratz! :3
Kuron-kun
hahahaha here we go again

re-congratz
Neymarcus
goozei dnv
REDALiCE_old_1

k gratz
Azer
Overwrite

Azer wrote:

You've broken their hearts!
Quick, get the glue!

Azer wrote:

:/
time to grind hrhd again
that feel when you have a good score but it isn't ranked
i understand the feel
Stefan
Not sure why you overreact by this. You're aware that this map is in the qualified category.
show more