forum

Guide or no?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Masaki
Hi, I'm a new guy here, and I've been playing osu! for a couple days. I've gotten used to a lot of easy-normal songs, and I can at least not fail immediately on hard ones. I'm using an old bluetooth Microsoft keyboard and mouse, so yeah, I don't have the best equipment.

Here's the thing, I really want to start SS'ing some easy-normal songs, but every time I do it, one damn 100 tends to f**k me up whenever there's a rapid sequence of hits in the same place, which I tend to fail at, or a bunch of spaced out hits which have a regular rhythm. I can get an S ranking on most normal-easy songs fairly easily, but its the SS that screws me.

So I ask any of the better osu! community, are there any guides in existence that will assist a nooby player like me that has only 5 SS and barely 78pp?

Thanks!
B1rd
These i guess. https://www.youtube.com/user/osuacademy/playlists

Here's a tip though: don't worry about getting SS's, they're not important. Just try and get high accuracy S's, and play harder songs.
Topic Starter
Masaki

B1rd wrote:

Here's a tip though: don't worry about getting SS's, they're not important. Just try and get high accuracy S's, and play harder songs.
My accuracy currently sucks at a 92% since I thought I'd be a badass and try DT and HR'ing various normal songs. Needless to say, that screwed up my accuracy a lot. The fact of the matter is, yeah, I get S's, but I always tend to fail at harder songs, since the notes seem to be coming hard and fast, too fast for me and my mouse. I like to think I have good coordination, being a violinist, but this game makes me feel like a guy with hands the size of Everest. Also, is there an alerts system that gives you an alert on the forums if a watched thread is replied to?
Bauxe

OG9 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

My accuracy currently sucks at a 92% since I thought I'd be a badass and try DT and HR'ing various normal songs. Needless to say, that screwed up my accuracy a lot. The fact of the matter is, yeah, I get S's, but I always tend to fail at harder songs, since the notes seem to be coming hard and fast, too fast for me and my mouse. I like to think I have good coordination, being a violinist, but this game makes me feel like a guy with hands the size of Everest. Also, is there an alerts system that gives you an alert on the forums if a watched thread is replied to?
The more you play DT or HR stuff, the more your accuracy will improve when using those mods. This game is 100% practice, there are no shortcuts.

And I am pretty sure if you watch the thread, you get an email or something.
Topic Starter
Masaki

Bauxe wrote:

The more you play DT or HR stuff, the more your accuracy will improve when using those mods. This game is 100% practice, there are no shortcuts.

And I am pretty sure if you watch the thread, you get an email or something.
So there's no forum alert system?

Also, so basically if I no-life this game and play 100 times a day, I ought to get better? Alrrighty then.
jesse1412
t/99612 guide : ))))
Kouya-

jesus1412 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612 guide : ))))
Lol, when I started playing this game, I used this guide c:

It cleared up a lot of things for me ~
zwoots

B1rd wrote:

I have to agree with this, except I would put less emphasis still on accuracy and more emphasis on just playing tons of stuff.

I'm not super good or anything, but I've noticed that whenever I've gotten better at this game, it's been after playing lots of new stuff, and whenever I've plateaued, it's when I'm grinding songs to try to FC them.
guide to acc:

don't let yourself submit low acc scores at all
bada-bing bada-boom

or just follow lewa's advice
Topic Starter
Masaki

Faces3 wrote:

guide to acc:

don't let yourself submit low acc scores at all
bada-bing bada-boom

or just follow lewa's advice
Say what?
Topic Starter
Masaki

zwoots wrote:

B1rd wrote:

I have to agree with this, except I would put less emphasis still on accuracy and more emphasis on just playing tons of stuff.

I'm not super good or anything, but I've noticed that whenever I've gotten better at this game, it's been after playing lots of new stuff, and whenever I've plateaued, it's when I'm grinding songs to try to FC them.
The thing about that is, me and my friend are currently having a stats war, and we seem to be able to S songs pretty frequently, but the SS is where we tend to fail.