forum

Question about DT (Out of curiosity)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
Just out of curiosity, I am asking all the players that need to DT everything to get ranks so above 5K? in rank. Do you consider playing DT without hidden hell? Is it harder without HD? I have noticed (even though i cant really play HDHR/HDDT (and im gonna try any mods except HD in the near future)) that when i put on HRHD on a 5 star+ song it becomes "sort of" easier to read and i suppose it is the same with DT.

Do you players who farm PP with DTHD consider yourself good enough to DT without Hidden? Would you be able to do it? (Even though HD gives more score/pp).
Pettanko
for me whenever i play pp maps i just use DT without hidden because i find that getting around 99~% acc on DT is sometimes equivalent or even worth more pp than, say, a 97%ish HDDT play and in my case it's a whole lot easier to get good acc without hidden
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
Hmm i thought people actually used HD to aim better but I guess there are exceptions. Although 97% is still godly compared to my 90% avg on my skill limit map runs D: .
Vuelo Eluko
people hard rock hard jump maps to get better aim
Pengua
I just don't play hidden at all. DT when I want to rank up. Most of the songs that actually give me PP are DT'd without hidden. I have no idea why HD would make a song easier, you're losing approach circles which help with accuracy.

HR will almost always be easier than HDHR
just as DT will almost always be easier than HDDT.
nrl
Approach circles add unnecessary clutter. Extremely dense maps are generally easier with HD if you can read it.
Yakuyan
I find playing HD + DT better because of all the annoying approach circles bombarding the screen. I can play DT without HD but prefer HD better. In my personal opinion, it's a matter of preference unless you can't read maps well.
Gumpy
DT is hard ;_;
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
I don't play with mods but i played like 10 songs with HD just now and i can say that the song rhythm makes more sense with HD on. I am sure that if i got used to HD i would prefer it over no mod by a long shot. + it actually makes map look easier, dunno why D: .

EDIT: The thing i do not like about HD is when a song goes silent on vocals/beats and there is only the background instruments playing or effects then you are practically left on ice and the only way to hit notes correctly is by basing them off of the previous rhythm (but you DO you have to remember it to hit 300's and that will take time to get used to i guess). So technically while you are remembering note positions some times you also have to memorize the song rhythm pattern in order to correctly hit some parts.
nrl
No memorization is necessary with HD once you learn to read it.
sangu

Riince wrote:

people hard rock hard jump maps to get better aim
If you're going to replay to a thread, please make sure that you are on topic, even if just a bit....

OT: Many people find that the approach circles increase clutter and make it harder to read.

**Big Edit Riince was replying to another post that I had originally glossed over, my bad, sorry Riince....
Ichi
He actually was on topic since he talked about how a player would chose a mod which generally makes as song harder, in order to make something easier.
Like this case, theyre discussing if people would preffer HD+DT which for some is harder and for others it isnt since it removes approach circles which would clutter the screen. Could´ve been the same with HR, Accuracy aside i am better with jumps with HR, specially in a fast song. So try to think before posting.
nrl

sanguisinvia wrote:

If you're going to replay to a thread, please make sure that you are on topic, even if just a bit....
rekt
sangu

Ichi wrote:

He actually was on topic since he talked about how a player would chose a mod which generally makes as song harder
If you look at the topic in that way then it can be argued that riince was on topic, however the only time which HR is mentioned in the topic post was a brief mention of the use of HRHD. Riince's answer was talking about why someone would want to use HR when the OP was clearly asking about when someone would want to use HD. At no time did the OP ask why anyone would use DT or HR. As for the difficulty increasing part of HD, the OP is asking why the game feels harder without the difficulty mod.

**Edit Riince I apologize, after going through this thread again I found that you were replying to the op's second post, my bad :p
ivan
erOL0liSENSei
PUT ON DT AND MASH THE WAY TO #1 IS HOW PLAY GEEM. HD IS FOR BUMS WHO R WIZRDS
nrl

sanguisinvia wrote:

**Edit Riince I apologize, after going through this thread again I found that you were replying to the op's second post, my bad :p
rektrevoket
GoldenWolf

sanguisinvia wrote:

You do know they're ignoring you right

Or wait are you waiting for someone else to quote you so they can read what you're telling them?! Such mindgames, I'm out.
nrl

GoldenWolf wrote:

Or wait are you waiting for someone else to quote you so they can read what you're telling them?! Such mindgames, I'm out.
... rekt?
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
Im interested in when you guys picked up HD? As i see it the hardest thing with HD is jumps/streams (i can't accurately stream anyways unless its slower than 200BPM even without HD).
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
HD is pp farming garbage, it adds no difficulty once you learn to read it unlike HR/DT. You learn it and slap it on for 5-10% pp increase.

If you cant stream with HD then you probably can't stream without it either. The only real thing HD changes is that you can't use approach circles to distinquish triples and stacked 1/8s
Varetyr

thedamntrain wrote:

HD is pp farming garbage, it adds no difficulty once you learn to read it unlike HR/DT. You learn it and slap it on for 5-10% pp increase.
And people call Riince a shitposter.
nrl
I don't think most people could justify a 5-10% increase in pp when a single stack can break their combo so easily, and 5-10% is a huge overestimate to begin with.
Vuelo Eluko
is it narrill's mission is to make me read posts directed towards i wouldn't have otherwise read and how it 'rekt' me?
i swear that's even the reason he has that avatar now
Vesrand

Pettanko wrote:

for me whenever i play pp maps i just use DT without hidden because i find that getting around 99~% acc on DT is sometimes equivalent or even worth more pp than, say, a 97%ish HDDT play and in my case it's a whole lot easier to get good acc without hidden
So you say that you can get more pp by getting less score? 97% HDDT will obviously give more score than 99%DT if you will do some simply math. Actually 99%DT should be equal 93.18%HDDT in terms of score.
I cant believe this, but if you are right then this system is totally broken.
Full Tablet

Vesrand wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

So you say that you can get more pp by getting less score? 97% HDDT will obviously give more score than 99%DT if you will do some simply math. Actually 99%DT should be equal 93.18%HDDT in terms of score.
I cant believe this, but if you are right then this system is totally broken.
97% HDDT most of the time gives less pp than 99%DT, so you can lose pp if you do the play with DTHD when you already had the DT score, and you can't get pp from the map with only DT if you did the play with DTHD. There are some solutions planned for solving situations where getting more score with mods can make you lose pp.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Varetyr wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

And people call Riince a shitposter.
I actually wish they would ban everybody under rank 100 from posting in this subforum.
Vesrand

Full Tablet wrote:

97% HDDT most of the time gives less pp than 99%DT, so you can lose pp if you do the play with DTHD when you already had the DT score, and you can't get pp from the map with only DT if you did the play with DTHD. There are some solutions planned for solving situations where getting more score with mods can make you lose pp.
Anyway ranking system that is based not on player scores compared to other players scores and their ranks but on difficulty which determined only by system is weirdest thing i ever heard.
nrl

Riince wrote:

is it narrill's mission is to make me read posts directed towards i wouldn't have otherwise read and how it 'rekt' me?
My avatar? Sorry, I don't see the relevance.

thedamntrain wrote:

I actually wish they would ban everybody under rank 100 from posting in this subforum.
That'd be great, I'd love to not have to listen to condescension from a damn train.
I Give Up
It depends on the map. DT on maps that are already fast would give a far more bigger pp boost than hdhr.

HD makes it harder to read for me. Maybe its easier for you because of placebo effect.
B1rd
IMO HD gives a balanced amount of pp for the difficulty increase. When I try it, it makes my accuracy really bad even worse than normal, and stacked notes mess me up.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Riince wrote:

My avatar? Sorry, I don't see the relevance.

thedamntrain wrote:

That'd be great, I'd love to not have to listen to condescension from a damn train.
They'll hate me because I can take it.