forum

How to set preview point in the map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Modem
I am a new mapper here and I have some problems with my beatmaps before it included for the ranking criteria. Here's the problems : How to set preview point in the map? And one more, is there any way to lower the audio bitrate from the song until below of 192 bps? I've already done making this beatmap, but I still doesn't know how to lower the audio setting. Anyone who knows, please help me :( :( :( .
blissfulyoshi
To set a preview point, go the editor and on the top menubar, press Timing -> Set Current Position as Preview Point (Pictures are now available in p/2174450#p2174450 under Setting A Preview Point)
As for bitrate, use an audio editing program like Audacity or Foobar2000 to reencode your mp3 to be 192kbps.
Topic Starter
Modem

blissfulyoshi wrote:

To set a preview point, go the editor and on the top menubar, press Timing -> Set Current Position as Preview Point (Pictures are now available in p/2174450#p2174450 under Setting A Preview Point)
As for bitrate, use an audio editing program like Audacity or Foobar2000 to reencode your mp3 to be 192kbps.
Thanks blissfulyoshi! Now I can set a preview point (^ w ^)! But I'm still afraid of using some program to edit the song when the beatmap is already done.... . :( . Will that program reset all the beatmap's data? :( :( :(
blissfulyoshi
Sorry for the late response.

The program will only change the data in teh mp3, not the rest of the information in the .osu (your beatmap information)
Topic Starter
Modem
Really????? Yaaaaayyyy!!! (> w <) Ok. I'll try it. Thank you very much blissfulyoshi :) :) :)
Thene

Modem wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

To set a preview point, go the editor and on the top menubar, press Timing -> Set Current Position as Preview Point (Pictures are now available in https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2174450#p2174450 under Setting A Preview Point)

Thanks blissfulyoshi! Now I can set a preview point (^ w ^)! But I'm still afraid of using some program to edit the song when the beatmap is already done.... . :( . Will that program reset all the beatmap's data? :( :( :(

Thank
Zelzatter Zero
Don't bump this thread please.