forum

Osu! Ultimate Leagues

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
GM Season 1 will be starting shortly and the Season 2 signup page is now live, I will PM all participants the map pools in the coming days.
Pozepi
You didnt register me in the GM brackets even tho I was one of the first to join ;____;
MostDakka
Switched to gold since i gained some ranks ;p
Backspace_old
already register on intermediate league :D
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
I'll start other leagues soon as today I'm just running the preseason gold more of just to see how running all matches on one day would go, although I definitively need more staff and I'd appreciate anyone who could ref in future tournaments. PM if you're interested.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
I know this is late but please just PM me the time you want to do your match and I'll give you a mod, sorry I'm so late to post this but i don't have a strong modding network yet so this will have to do fro preseason

EDIT: I'm sorry for any delay but my staffing has literally gone up into smoke, I'll have a solid staff again in about 2 day (working on it) once that's in place I will start casting the matches and I will start up the GM league and a couple others with sufficient players thank you for your patience.
GG BenQ MoaB
I think there are enough players to run silver league. Anybody registers in silver league for 2 days
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
OK then now I apologize for whoever signed up for gold league and was in the original 16, due to my staff being non existent only 3 games were actually played and one of those was victory by default. it's basically screwed because there was no staff to make a schedule at all, if you were in the original run of gold league please just re register under the new signup links i have posted I will be running a season of every league from silver through GM in the next couple week. GM will run first and the masters,gold,silver etc. please keep active and they will begin shortly.
Rammler
well why not, i'm signed up Bronze League
I'm rank #87103 atm.

btw I and 001thefish are the only ones that signed up for bronze atm :D how many people do we need to start it?
Makan1
why did I even sign up XD I guess bored and hopefully I can get some fun out of this...
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
Ok everyone I'm sorry for the delay but i now have the staffing required and will begin to run GM league, you will be PM'd about it in a few hours if you are part of it. other leagues will be run afterwards also I'm still looking for as much staffing as possible if anyone's interested. thanks.
Core
Sign me up for gold league :D
Makan1

Core28 wrote:

you sign yourself up
Core

Makan1 wrote:

Core28 wrote:

you sign yourself up
I know ;)
Ju-kun143
plaatinum

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

Ok everyone I'm sorry for the delay but i now have the staffing required and will begin to run GM league, you will be PM'd about it in a few hours if you are part of it. other leagues will be run afterwards also I'm still looking for as much staffing as possible if anyone's interested. thanks.
Is this like bo3 or what?
Winter-Fox_old
I guess I'll sign up for Silver league :)

- O n i -
i'd like to join master's

Drachma10
Would like to take part in little league
Totoro
I would like to participate in grand masters league :D
GG BenQ MoaB
When I registered for silver league i was rank 33.000 but now I am rank 29.800. What should I do?
Accelar
im interested as well
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

GG BenQ MoaB wrote:

When I registered for silver league i was rank 33.000 but now I am rank 29.800. What should I do?
STay in silver for now move to gold next time you signup. there werent enough players when we started so tourneys are running slow for now it's going to happen to a few people.
Akina
What happened to my gold league?
Unluckee

Yurin wrote:

What happened to my gold league?
We had to register again due to the first season of Gold not advancing well. So it was abandoned.
Dznutz
gold for me
FlamingRok
Going for the gold (league). Sign me up.

die9_8
when will matches start? and how do we know when our match is?
Shenanigans
Welp, guess I'm in master league.

Name on the bracket is GenericUsername42. Shenanigans is just way too popular apparently.

Also may I ask what difficulty these supposed Masters are playing on? I die on easy maps.
Chocorock
Signed up for silver league :D
mcmammoth
Just signed up for silver =)
cheezstik
Just signed up for gold as a rank 18k, and noticed the first guy it says im versing, here is his profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/rey5tv

Take a look at his profile, then look at mine, there is clearly a massive difference, I'm not even close to his level of skill, there is at least a month or two worth of skill separating us. He has a 171 and a 150pp song, and a total of 25 100+pp songs, while I have 6, low 100pp songs as my highest. 1990pp total vs 2433pp total won't make a very close match, I think you should definitely rework the league rank requirements. Here is a suggestion of what I think would be balanced and fair:

40,000 - 79,999
25,000 - 39,999
15,000 - 24,999
10,000 - 14,999

Those are the ranks that I think truly reflect big skill differences.

But just asking for this round, will there be a losers bracket? Or will I just be playing 1 round? >_>
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail

cheezstik wrote:

Just signed up for gold as a rank 18k, and noticed the first guy it says im versing, here is his profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/rey5tv

Take a look at his profile, then look at mine, there is clearly a massive difference, I'm not even close to his level of skill, there is at least a month or two worth of skill separating us. He has a 171 and a 150pp song, and a total of 25 100+pp songs, while I have 6, low 100pp songs as my highest. 1990pp total vs 2433pp total won't make a very close match, I think you should definitely rework the league rank requirements. Here is a suggestion of what I think would be balanced and fair:

40,000 - 79,999
25,000 - 39,999
15,000 - 24,999
10,000 - 14,999

But just asking for this round, will there be a losers bracket? Or will I just be playing 1 round? >_>
I understand entirely what you say and i agree with you that the skill difference from one end of a league to the other can be quite large, I do want to change this but I just don't have the number of players required to divide into so many category's and still hope to run tournaments. I have about 100 players registered across ALL LEAGUES. to divide to the extent you're suggesting and still run regular tournaments among every division I would need close to 500 and once it's that big frankly I just cant run it on my own. so for now I'm going to run it as is and see how it goes, If it's successful I'll definitely be looking at expanding to the scale you were talking about however for now it's just not an option :/
cheezstik

TheOnlyLeon wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

40,000 - 79,999
25,000 - 39,999
15,000 - 24,999
10,000 - 14,999

I understand entirely what you say and i agree with you that the skill difference from one end of a league to the other can be quite large, I do want to change this but I just don't have the number of players required to divide into so many category's and still hope to run tournaments. I have about 100 players registered across ALL LEAGUES. to divide to the extent you're suggesting and still run regular tournaments among every division I would need close to 500 and once it's that big frankly I just cant run it on my own. so for now I'm going to run it as is and see how it goes, If it's successful I'll definitely be looking at expanding to the scale you were talking about however for now it's just not an option :/
Yeah I guess I didn't really think about the number of players. But anyway in this case we're not even at opposite ends, we are both at the higher half of gold, its just that the concentration of people at the 10k-20k rank means that even a mere 5,000 ranks can mean such a gigantic skill difference. Maybe at the least make masters league from 5,000 - 15,000 instead, that will actually make a league bigger while keeping gold healthily sized, so the players would still be evenly distributed and now fairly distributed as well.

Also, back to my other question, will there be a losers bracket that eliminated people play in?
FlamingRok

cheezstik wrote:

The skill difference between you and him is still much closer than between mine and Payaya. I do believe that there does need to be some rebalancing, but of course, I will choose to respect the option that Leon makes.

Also, I really hope there's a loser's bracket, because I'm not going to last past round 1 at this rate.
I just signed up for gold as 21k. Yaaay.
Assuming that there's still room and such.
EDIT:
Scratch 21k, 19k is where it's fucking at man.
Shabui
Signed up for gold.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
I AM IMPLEMENTING A NEW RULE TO KEEP MATCHES GOING!!!!

This will be posted here and back on the main post, many matches are simply not moving because players are not having refs and players aren't showing up. to remedy this I'm implementing a self moderation rule. Simply create a lobby with both players and take screenshots of the scores after each map. simply send them my way before the round deadline and Ill control the tournament on challonge to show you who you should be going up against next, official refs will be used only in a finals and round of 3 situation.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
[/quote]

Yeah I guess I didn't really think about the number of players. But anyway in this case we're not even at opposite ends, we are both at the higher half of gold, its just that the concentration of people at the 10k-20k rank means that even a mere 5,000 ranks can mean such a gigantic skill difference. Maybe at the least make masters league from 5,000 - 15,000 instead, that will actually make a league bigger while keeping gold healthily sized, so the players would still be evenly distributed and now fairly distributed as well.

Also, back to my other question, will there be a losers bracket that eliminated people play in?[/quote]

In the mean time there is not a losers bracket but the person you are talking about you probably wont be against as right before a tournament goes live i shuffle the seeding by hand.
Topic Starter
Speed of Snail
Also Gold and Masters leagues will be starting, map pools will be released to first season participants tomorrow.
show more