Gratz Guys o/
kirigherkins
Sick song! Sick map! Thank you so much!
Kite
Congrats!
Aka

not passable with hr .-.
Zare
Good job on YET AGAIN creating a map that's almost impossible to do with HR.
When will mappers and BATs learn

ffs

dont get me wrong the map is great but the end spinner + drain is just dumb

actually this could still be fixed, the map's only qualified.. Please do something
Topic Starter
happy30
hp drain has been nerfed A LOT already. (it's 6.3 now)
without mods it's easily doable with 300+ rpm

now unrank all maps that can't be played with DT because you can't stream as fast.
Zare
the drain is fine, I'd rather suggest shortening or removing the spinner

Right now the spinner doesn't end on a significant sound, it just ends at a random place in the fadeout of the guitar chord, you might as well have it end a measure or two earlier without chaning anything about it's idea or function
all that would change is that this map would gain a great deal of replay value, since you can actually get pp from it that way
kisata

Zare wrote:

Good job on YET AGAIN creating a map that's almost impossible to do with HR.
Then don't play it with HR.

Zare wrote:

all that would change is that this map would gain a great deal of replay value, since you can actually get pp from it that way
Utterly ridiculous. Why on earth should they design it with pp in mind? They had a vision for the map and that is how they designed it. If you don't like that, don't play it or create your own.
Zare
Why do mappers these days have so much trouble with considering the player perspective what the fuck

you're creating levels for players to play (at least when going for rank) so don't throw a "Mario World 1-1" and then end it with "Super Meat Boy Dark World 6"
Jenny
Maps are not mapped to be played with a certain mod, so having impossibilities and whatnot is rather.. natural - if we applied all rules to all mods, we would have to unrank Rainbow Dash for having the big snail slider touch the health bar on HR :v

Still, personally, while I have no problem with the drain, I generally like slow sliders more as to emphasize an echo that is fading out, so I have went with something big and fancy like this (minus the offscreen part and with like, a 0.2x SV section):

Andrea
My personal concern is the difficulty spread to be honest, the Insane feels like another Extra difficulty to me.
Soarezi

happy30 wrote:

now unrank all maps that can't be played with DT because you can't stream as fast.
There's a difference between possibility and impossibility.
Skystar
Guys, calm down. There is no need to be like this. It's technically nothing wrong with the mapper for creating a spinner in a certain length. Keep in mind that he's the creator of the map after all, he has the absolute right to do whatever he wants, as long as it doesn't violate the ranking criteria. You may not like it, but it's not worthy of an unrank in order to force the mapper to change it. All you can do here is simply to create your own set and do wahtever you want. (heh, like what I did for some song that you may know)

The thing is just as simple - you may not like something, point it out. 1) hopefully the mapper agrees with you and change it - happy end. 2) if not, go away in silence (and make your own if you feel like to) - end.
Irreversible

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

happy end

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

happy end

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

happy30 end
i see what you did there
Smoothie

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

Guys, calm down. There is no need to be like this. It's technically nothing wrong with the mapper for creating a spinner in a certain length. Keep in mind that he's the creator of the map after all, he has the absolute right to do whatever he wants, as long as it doesn't violate the ranking criteria. You may not like it, but it's not worthy of an unrank in order to force the mapper to change it. All you can do here is simply to create your own set and do wahtever you want. (heh, like what I did for some song that you may know)

The thing is just as simple - you may not like something, point it out. 1) hopefully the mapper agrees with you and change it - happy end. 2) if not, go away in silence (and make your own if you feel like to) - end.
I couldn't agree more.

Congratz on the rank!
Topic Starter
happy30
go go. map more kage >_<
Sieg
how to justify anything
Natteke
osu is like quantum mechanics. drama just happens out of nothing
Beige

Natteke wrote:

osu is like quantum mechanics. drama just happens out of nothing
Jenny
Lach
I don't know about you, but when I see sliders like those I go "oh look, a squiggly slider" not "oh god this squiggly slider is slightly off".

Also, mods have nothing to do with the rankability of a mapset, Except for auto (for some reason). Auto and a combination of difficulty mods don't count.

the year that came after 2013
lolikai
<3 :)
Heatherfield
8-) you guys are really cool
Asphyxia

Andrea wrote:

My personal concern is the difficulty spread to be honest, the Insane feels like another Extra difficulty to me.
It does, indeed. Although not a huge issue, grats!
encryptik
KSHR
Unranked due to the bad difficulty spread. (by p3n, kanpakyin and me)

Add a new difficulty that fills in the gap between Hard and Insane. And it'd be better to put collab parts in the creator's word.
Also Insane should be renamed Extra?

+ There are some concerns in Insane. (by captin1, p3n, Shiro)
  1. 01:13:667 (1,1,2) - I found this extremely confusing to read, and even when I looked in editor it took me a bit to understand the thought here. With the drum beats doing a 3/4 pattern 01:13:352 - 01:13:588 - 01:13:825 - , this note following vocal just seemed out of place, and then the fact that it's stacked on top of 01:14:141 (1,2) - made it frustrating. And then the second time around, it's done really intuitively 02:03:878 (4) - .
  2. Hitsounding seems a bit overdone, to where it doesn't mesh well with the song, and then skips out on simple clap beats like 02:49:036 - 02:54:720 - . Most of the rest of the placement is fine.
  3. There is fairly confusing stuff such as 00:38:614 (2,3,1) - which look the exact same, but one is a 3/4 slowed slider which is difficult to sightread because it's unexpected the slidertick isn't actually displayed. The entire Insane diff is full of nasty overlaps 01:21:720 (4,3) - 01:23:615 (2,1) - etc and the spacing is... inconsistent/random/unintuitive.
Natteke
Nice last minute unrank. Were you trying to come up with a batter cause or something because it was almost too late?

Look at the choice of words you have there

01:13:667 (1,1,2) - I found this extremely confusing to read, and even when I looked in editor it took me a bit to understand the thought here. With the drum beats doing a 3/4 pattern 01:13:352 - 01:13:588 - 01:13:825 - , this note following vocal just seemed out of place, and then the fact that it's stacked on top of 01:14:141 (1,2) - made it frustrating. And then the second time around, it's done really intuitively 02:03:878 (4) - .
[*]Hitsounding seems a bit overdone, to where it doesn't mesh well with the song, and then skips out on simple clap beats like 02:49:036 - 02:54:720 - . Most of the rest of the placement is fine. HOW IS THIS EVEN A REASON?
[*]There is fairly confusing stuff such as 00:38:614 (2,3,1) - which look the exact same, but one is a 3/4 slowed slider which is difficult to sightread because it's unexpected the slidertick isn't actually displayed. The entire Insane diff is full of nasty overlaps 01:21:720 (4,3) - 01:23:615 (2,1) - etc and the spacing is... inconsistent/random/unintuitive.
Well looks like even you guys dont even know what you want from the map, DamIrrElvis diff is easier than our collab with happy30, there's no reason to add YET ANOTHER difficulty, all you're doing is pissing in the wind with this.

And how sad is that, when other team members don't want to take any responsibility for this so they make a scapegoat out of KSHR.
Topic Starter
happy30

KSHR wrote:

still editing..
getting in time for the deadline, eh?
Jenny
Well that's.. an extremely delayed unrank, to say the least.

(Might aswell use the time to fix the sliders in Extra, though)
Heatherfield

Heatherfield wrote:

8-) you guys are really cool
Kyubey
Are you serious...
Timorisu
gg wp indeed
Topic Starter
happy30
"it seems that we are fairly sure that maybe we should unrank this map"

Insane will be nerfed, so will the end spinner in Extra
Zare
shorten endspinner by 2 or 3 measures
kd pls
Asphyxia
Lol the Insane was barely easier than the Extra collab itself, adding a new difficulty isn't needed imho though. Nerfing Insane's spacing on some spots along with some streams is good enough
show more