forum

How do i make my fingers like Osu ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eh - - -
Hello,
ima tryhard turning mental (if not already)

This thread is a small helpcry in the confusion of not getting better.

My worries:
-25 k playcount , rank 35 k heavily pp farmed.
-accurancy 85 % profile . lots of FCs are C or B
-gameplay methods seem ineffective, hand tends to alternate . tried practise for weeks strict singletabbing
-pain status unknown , theres days when my tabarmwrist explodes of pain and i dont care about it while i can relax play it down other days.
(i say myself to keep going since muscles will eventually get used to it, wich at this point is questionable)
-not improving in tab speed altough im having excessive playsessions nearly every day (hitspeed exe gives me on 40 notes 140 -145 bpm mostly , while i try hard)
-every day starts cancerous start (aim is ok after 2 songs warmup) button feel not very consistent tried 2 different keyboards sometimes i even slip of the buttons (used lots of different keysettings currently on : S / D)
-not even consistency in tripples wich should be a easy task at this point
-sometimes i move my keyboard , a bit or extremly even just between beatmaps since theres no real feeling even the wrist sometimes jumps of its own
-tried out tablet , couldnt get used to hoovering no matter how hard i tried
-constistency below 0 % , i dont feel like i get "random misses" since i play usualy tense , my current playfeel allows me to calculate how likely i am able to do the task , however if i retry at streams there come in "X" , i think this goes down to my calculated tabspeed as reference

My motivation is still there everyday for some reason , somehow.
But i think at this point even while trying i notice that it will have difficultys in adding up to any small improvement.

I hope some error of this worries will in the eyes of some other person allow to tell me what i dont see.
And that is my utter confusion about what i heavily do wrong . i cant seem to see it myself.

Thanks for reading.
sayonara_sekai
i know exactly how you feel. I have days where it takes me 3 hours to warmup and even then I get a shitload of random ass misses. i dont know what to tell you since I suffer from the same problems. At least I have some good days where I just chain out scores back to back. Wish I knew how to make every day that day.
Genki1000
What kind of unstable rate do you have, because the only score with above 95% accuracy I could find was this ar9 od5 3.72 star :o

This might feel like going backwards but I actually think you should spend a few hundred plays playing hards to rebuild some consistency, because it really looks like you're doing something wrong.
Topic Starter
eh - - -
Thanks for the replies,
about the unstable rate . i just finished 3 songs and made screens or their data.

uzzi

Shian-aaa wrote:

Thanks for the replies,
about the unstable rate . i just finished 3 songs and made screens or their data.

Jeez are you even trying to hit to the rhythm or...?
Those are some ridiculously high unstable rates.
YukinoDesuDesu
I think it would be wise to go back to playing easier maps just like Genki1000 told you to. So you can build up your acc.
Maxis
Agreed, go to easier stuff for a while. It really sounds like you push yourself to play maps too hard, which is very bad for building up accuracy and consistency. Play easier maps for a good few weeks and see if you improve, you'll likely get better accuracy and be more consistent.

Also, don't change your playstyle so much. Don't change keyboards, don't switch around singletapping/alternating, etc. just stick to what feels comfortable because your playstyle is likely not the problem (but switching around too often can be).

Finally, if your hands hurt while playing please take a break, you won't just 'get used to it,' you'll end up f***ing up your hand instead. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong, so take care of yourself and stop playing if you experience any pain.

And don't take the game too seriously--you cannot push yourself to suddenly get skill, it will only come to you (so as long as you practice), so there's no reason to care so much.
larsen
I don't have much experience with this game, but I believe this might help. Do not get tense when playing hard+ maps, I noticed when I did I could not jump far and end up messing up. Relax your hand and wrist and just sit back, warm ups are just for warming up, not breaking scores. If you have pain try to take breaks. In my opinion, take a shot at going a star below and get used to maintaining consistency with notes and their bpm. Just my thoughts C:
Yakuyan

Shian-aaa wrote:

-25 k playcount , rank 35 k heavily pp farmed.
Playcount shouldn't judge skill, it judges hard work. (or the 4 second retries :D )

Shian-aaa wrote:

-accurancy 85 % profile . lots of FCs are C or B
Try working on HARD songs and getting better accuracy on those, basically perfecting hard diffs. Then move on to insanes.

Shian-aaa wrote:

-pain status unknown , theres days when my tabarmwrist explodes of pain and i dont care about it while i can relax play it down other days.
(i say myself to keep going since muscles will eventually get used to it, wich at this point is questionable)
When it comes down to pain, it usually goes away for most people. But if it doesn't, you should really go to a doctor. There are injuries that some players go through, and you don't want that ;)

Shian-aaa wrote:

-not improving in tab speed altough im having excessive playsessions nearly every day (hitspeed exe gives me on 40 notes 140 -145 bpm mostly , while i try hard)
Are you tapping on maps a little above from what you can do? Tapping on maps that are WAY above what you can play is basically useless. Take small steps for speed. Play Hard --> Hard + DT --> Insane. That's really all I can give you, sorry :cry:

Shian-aaa wrote:

-every day starts cancerous start (aim is ok after 2 songs warmup) button feel not very consistent tried 2 different keyboards sometimes i even slip of the buttons (used lots of different keysettings currently on : S / D)
What songs do you consider warm-up? Warm-up rounds can take literally for some people around 4 hours. Mine can go from 10 minutes to 3 hours. Don't worry about the warm ups so much. And about the keyboards, don't change them too often. And the slipping of buttons, it is common, well at least for me :D

Shian-aaa wrote:

-not even consistency in tripples wich should be a easy task at this point
Even triples aren't my specialty. I suck at some times so don't say it should be an easy task at this point. Usually triples are something that comes naturally but what helps me when I can't do triples correctly is telling myself to do zxz or whatever your keys are. Or you might just want to keep play songs with triples because for almost all players, it comes naturally sooner or later.

Shian-aaa wrote:

-sometimes i move my keyboard , a bit or extremly even just between beatmaps since theres no real feeling even the wrist sometimes jumps of its own
The moving of the keyboard is really common for a lot of people and you really can't change it unless you tape it down xD. You can try getting a keyboard with rubber grips on the bottom clips. Most mechs come with them.

Shian-aaa wrote:

-tried out tablet , couldnt get used to hoovering no matter how hard i tried
People who switch to tablets have the same problem and consider it a waste of money or something. Usually getting used to hovering takes a long time. My friend said it took him around 2 weeks or 3 weeks to get used to playing with a tablet. I play with a mouse so I can't really help you here but getting used to a tablet doesn't take effort, it takes how much you play with it. Kind of like AR in a sense.

Shian-aaa wrote:

-constistency below 0 % , i dont feel like i get "random misses" since i play usualy tense , my current playfeel allows me to calculate how likely i am able to do the task , however if i retry at streams there come in "X" , i think this goes down to my calculated tabspeed as reference
Play tense is your problem. Try to not play tense, but play relaxed as possible. When I get tensed up, whether I FC a song or not comes down to luck at that point. Playing relaxed will keep consistency.

Shian-aaa wrote:

My motivation is still there everyday for some reason , somehow.
But i think at this point even while trying i notice that it will have difficultys in adding up to any small improvement.
I love how you still have motivation :D Most people end up quitting for the amount of time you put into the game for what you see as little improvement. There are the hard workers and the talented or the people in between. If you are talented, that's great. Keep doin what you doin. But if you are a hard worker, what comes down to win or quit is your motivation. Right when you lose determination to improve is when the end of the road appears. I wanted to give my time to you and give you some tips if they help in any way because I wanted you to keep playing and get out of the slump you're in. I can see you love this game and it will suck that you leave because of frustration. I hope also that other people in the forums can help you out as well. :)
Blueprint
When I worried about my accuracy at the time ( I was playing harder insanes) I went back to hard's and focused on accuracy for a few days it helped me when I went back to my insanes, get some nice hit sounds and make your hit sounds louder than the music, usually want to disable beatmap hitsounds also with the exception of some maps.

I've made similar threads a while ago and this helped me get by
Topic Starter
eh - - -
Okay ,
i really appreciate the feel of having not just responses but also toughtfull and quick.
But it seems like i need to add a bit more to pinpoint help "better".

First of i want to highlight TheBurningFlame for trying to account for everything and thank him for that.

Now to additional data that comes to my playstyle:

- Warmup = atleast 3 min + map of 160-180 BPM + IRL wrist rolling / ingame before starting beatmap aim with mouse at edge of screen and move arround a bit before starting map
- General map preferences / current difficulty in practise = arround 4 min maps and longer playing a lot of marathons Difficulty 4 -5.2 stars
- Doctor and why not = performed fail diagnostics / wrong medicaments / and even failed surgerys . that come with allot of pain (unless i dont have a serius wound i dont visit doctors anymore)
- "tense playstyle" = should be translated to generally very focused button pressing varies . might be a bit harder usual the pressing but having relaxed pressing is not uncommon for me ( this advice seems like a pointer into another direction since nothing else was quickly visible)
- Why disliking the idea of going back to Hards = Delted already months ago everything that is ar 8 and below , i push myself to become better and have thus ar 9 FCs . i think allot and maybe to much that is why i delted them / refuse to see it as valuable practise. ( i did never go for SS since my first day first become fast enough to hit , then repeat it more accurate )
- General BPM preference = a bit more then i the test gives as result , but every day aswell things that are faster like streams.
- Game seriusnesslevel = a level above determination , aka the illussion of necessity
- General playstyle = not much switching up , testphases were present but i dont wear Osu like pants
- Soul Age insight = age : 21 , 14 years video games , including professional gaming

I hope i can read soon other ideas what could make me go "ahhh!"
Fzero100

Shian-aaa wrote:

Okay ,
i really appreciate the feel of having not just responses but also toughtfull and quick.
But it seems like i need to add a bit more to pinpoint help "better".

First of i want to highlight TheBurningFlame for trying to account for everything and thank him for that.

Now to additional data that comes to my playstyle:

- Warmup = atleast 3 min + map of 160-180 BPM + IRL wrist rolling / ingame before starting beatmap aim with mouse at edge of screen and move arround a bit before starting map
- General map preferences / current difficulty in practise = arround 4 min maps and longer playing a lot of marathons Difficulty 4 -5.2 stars
- Doctor and why not = performed fail diagnostics / wrong medicaments / and even failed surgerys . that come with allot of pain (unless i dont have a serius wound i dont visit doctors anymore)
- "tense playstyle" = should be translated to generally very focused button pressing varies . might be a bit harder usual the pressing but having relaxed pressing is not uncommon for me ( this advice seems like a pointer into another direction since nothing else was quickly visible)
- Why disliking the idea of going back to Hards = Delted already months ago everything that is ar 8 and below , i push myself to become better and have thus ar 9 FCs . i think allot and maybe to much that is why i delted them / refuse to see it as valuable practise. ( i did never go for SS since my first day first become fast enough to hit , then repeat it more accurate )
- General BPM preference = a bit more then i the test gives as result , but every day aswell things that are faster like streams.
- Game seriusnesslevel = a level above determination , aka the illussion of necessity
- General playstyle = not much switching up , testphases were present but i dont wear Osu like pants
- Soul Age insight = age : 21 , 14 years video games , including professional gaming

I hope i can read soon other ideas what could make me go "ahhh!"
Well there's no easy way to improve your playing, nothing can make you go 'oh of course, reading that helped make me play better overnight'
It sounds like you tried to improve 'too quickly' as in tried to play songs which are to difficult for you to play, thinking that just playing them would make you better. That type of playing can lead to crappy accuracy and consistency since you're pretty much just button mashing, but of course I have no idea if that's what you did.
As the others have suggested, go and play hard songs instead of insanses (or easy insanes) and just purely focus on what your fingers are doing. Do slow bpm streams and work your way up. Go back and redownload all those hard maps, just because you think its too easy doesn't necessarily mean it true, I think playing until you get 97%+ accuracy on most maps is also a good idea.
Lastly... have fun. osu! is just a game so do whatever you want as long as you're not injuring yourself :D
RaneFire
While not related to skill, and may not apply to you, the single-most beneficial thing I did to my game, in terms of unstable hits, was to ensure I had a smooth frame rate.

I had initially played for about 1.5 years on a 120fps limit, however, that's not all there was to it. My graphics card, as a result of not being pushed much, down-clocked itself to the lowest setting and this caused extremely unstable frame times. This led to me not being able to teach myself what the "right" timing was for hitting an approach circle's visual cue (approach circle meets circle). It's one thing to say you have to hit to rhythm, but you need a baseline to start with, which requires mental adjustment to what you see.

I had sorta "learnt to deal with it," but when I removed the fps cap in-game and used MSi afterburner to cap instead, the core clock rose to its full setting and the frame rate was extremely smooth and consistent. This lead to an improvement in my consistency and accuracy since I could now tell exactly what the visual relation of the approach circles was to the offset of the map, and my eyes were now seeing a fluid image as opposed to a stuttery mess.

Contrary to popular belief, using unlimited in-game doesn't harm graphics cards either, if it's capped somewhere else. Only the core clock is raised, but because it is still capped in afterburner, the GPU load is only at about 40% and so the temperatures remain cool (a GTX770 for example uses only 5% at the same FPS limit). That's not to say you have to use this exact method, but just make sure your card is giving you the best performance, instead of dilly-dallying. There are benefits to using a higher fps too, around 500, which reduces the perceived input lag from pre-rendered frames.
Topic Starter
eh - - -
about FPS ,
i have noticed my system can handle any setting but if i put it above 60 fps there is a chance a invisible line in middle of screen can appear that cuts my cursor when it passes it .

i searched for that issue already a bit ago and it seems related to the monitor potential . im using one with the 60 hz limit.
since thats what is my current tool i need optimal settings for it .
i cannot simply replace it.

about keyboard i noticed sometimes when delting a map or starting a map
it registers the keys "weirdly" it appears in search bar as if it registered the key before osu achknowledged it , or in a double sense of registering.
i have that with both keyboards.

im unsure whats causing this.

My FPS itself is always fluid , and i dont have the feel or the visibillity of huge dropping frames.

Maybe figuring those things out could help with accurancy , but not with button press speed . and im not mashing i have the tasks and realize what im doing based on reading.