forum

HR is easier for me than mod-less. Help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Realitiez
So, first things first, I'm a "newer" tablet player (about 2 weeks of tablet, two weeks of mouse). For some reason on all songs I do better (all around) than i do mod-less. I play insane songs as my main choice of beatmap difficulty, only really dabbling into hard when i'm dead tired. So with HR on i can pull low 70s-80s on songs from 4 1/2 - 6 stars. However, before I started using HR and even now when i try to do a song without it, I can only pull around 50%. When I'm playing on HR, the rhythm of the song comes naturally even if its my first time playing the song. Without it, I cannot for the life of me pull the exact rhythm from it. The only thing i could think of that could result in this is that I tend to stop sliders slightly early when playing mod-less. Anyone experience the same thing when they were still newbs? What could I do to try to fix this other than practice?
- O n i -

Realitiez wrote:

before I started using HR

there's the problem
Vuelo Eluko
you cant get 70%-80% on a 6 star map with HR
Gumpy
That's ***** Stupid. Also pulling 70-80 is really bad.

"Better"
dung eater
Eat more vegetables.
Kaitou Kid
Shit I'm jelly. I only recently was able to start playing with HR, why are you complaining >:(

cant really say you're better with hr when you have no fail on -.- just play normally and build up your skill
Bweh
Play more. You're probably just finding it easier since higher AR is easier to read/react to than lower measures.
Wildcolt

Brian OA wrote:

Play more. You're probably just finding it easier since higher AR is easier to read/react to than lower measures.
^this here. I used to do the same thing when I started playing, but found I couldn't keep doing it as it pushed the AR to 8+ or too high hp drain for the map.
ivan
x
silmarilen
go back to normals and hards, learn how to play the game first before you become just another whack a mole player
sayonara_sekai
try adding DT with HR and NF, that way you can press keys ever faster. your accuracy may suffer but you'll become very fast and consistent by playing maps with 40% accuracy.
Zare
how do I breathe
I can only breathe using a a gas mask
without a gas mask I can't get any oxygen
Help?

Alternatively, my current signature
KagamiHRS
Try this: Get an SS (100.00% accuracy) on [Normal] maps with HR, or better, no mods
And... pass [Normal] maps with EZ (easy) mod without getting misses, or the red X marks. (Full Combo)
[-Cloud-]
Play more Scarlet Rose.
FlyingKebab
Go get atleast 90% accuracy on maps you can play. Recently i had terrible accuracy and i only invested one day (And i do not know how it happened but i actually started to follow the rhythm of songs and my acc skyrocketed from 70-80% to over 90%+ on maps i can play, Although i am not saying that your acc will get better in 1 day). If you think acc training is pointless then look at it this way: You can not pass a map because you are dying, if you have good acc then you will get a ton of HP from 300 combo bonuses and you will pass the map :3.

EDIT: HR is pointless until you can actually NOT DIE with HP7 OD8 + HR.
EDIT: You are not following the rhythm with HR on, you have less time to react and therefore the margin of hitting a 300/100/50 or missing is smaller. You are just reacting not reading. If you really followed the rhythm then you would not even look at approach circles and get good acc. (I am saying this because i thought the same way not so long ago.)