forum

Extra replay features.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3,101
show more
Zare
what
VXB

Valentiino wrote:

Some guy happened to find this thread when we had quite a big tantrum about this feature missing from osu!.

I think people kinda agreed
^
>
<
v
deadbeat

vxb wrote:

Valentiino wrote:

Some guy happened to find this thread when we had quite a big tantrum about this feature missing from osu!.

I think people kinda agreed
^
>
<
v
stop posting unless you have something useful to add. also wasn't most of this added, just uncompleted?
Kisaragi_Shin
Do it please
Valentiino

deadbeat wrote:

stop posting unless you have something useless to add. also wasn't most of this added, just uncompleted?
The most important one is pretty much the ability to seek to a certain point in a replay.
hoozimajiget

deadbeat wrote:

stop posting unless you have something useless to add. also wasn't most of this added, just uncompleted?
If it is not available in game then it has not been added
deadbeat

Valentiino wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

The most important one is pretty much the ability to seek to a certain point in a replay.
yeah, that was added. i remember having some fun with that, but it was buggy as hell when first added. got removed/disabled or something until it's more stable
not 100% though:(
Valentiino
Well, I hope this brings some more attention to such feature. It would improve the existing replay system to a point, where it's almost like in any other game with a replay system.

And I think we can all agree, that people kinda want this thing being worked on again
ExquisiteFrog
I want this ;P
Archangelwing
It would be pretty awesome aswell if u'd have the possibility to make the hitcircles on replays with Hidden-Mod visible in some form.
deadbeat

Archangelwing wrote:

It would be pretty awesome aswell if u'd have the possibility to make the hitcircles on replays with Hidden-Mod visible in some form.
requested and denied. defeats the purpose of watching the replay
VXB

deadbeat wrote:

Archangelwing wrote:

What is the true purpose of watching a replay may I ask?
ExquisiteFrog
wow 2k stars such snowball
deadbeat

deadbeat wrote:

Archangelwing wrote:

vxb wrote:

What is the true purpose of watching a replay may I ask?
what's the point in watching a replay with hidden, if you just disable the hidden mod?
anyway, that's a different request. lets just stick with the 3 that are mentioned in here
Zare

deadbeat wrote:

Archangelwing wrote:

How so? It would make it a LOT easier to actually understand what you're doing in regards to the map and would especially help with (spaced) streams to see what exactly you're doing wrong

This of course only applies to when replays are used as a matter of troubleshooting when you have problems doing certain patterns or parts in a map.
VXB

deadbeat wrote:

what's the point in watching a replay with hidden, if you just disable the hidden mod?
It would help you seeing for example if you are following streams incorrectly while using hidden, but yeah you're right, this is off-topic.
deadbeat

deadbeat wrote:

anyway, that's a different request. lets just stick with the 3 that are mentioned in here
Justify

Zare wrote:

How so? It would make it a LOT easier to actually understand what you're doing in regards to the map and would especially help with (spaced) streams to see what exactly you're doing wrong

This of course only applies to when replays are used as a matter of troubleshooting when you have problems doing certain patterns or parts in a map.

I second this. It would help see if you are over/under-aiming, I would be on deadbeat's side if the suggestion was to toggle hardrock off or flashlight etc as those are useless, but if you can disable hidden in replay you would see exactly where you are aiming and fix it and improve quicker.
zertap
Speaking of replay features, it would be nice to have multiplayer save local replays (without manually having to F2) ;_;
VXB
Guys I think deadbeat is serious when he's saying it's off-topic.
Deadbeat is serious when he says it's off-topic
Justify

deadbeat wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

Not really: The thread is titled "Extra replay features" so anything mentioned should contribute to the thread in question. Anything off topic/relating to another thing in osu is a different story.
deadbeat

zertap wrote:

Speaking of replay features, it would be nice to have multiplayer save local replays (without manually having to F2) ;_;
boom t/140258
VXB

Justify wrote:

Not really: The thread is titled "Extra replay features" so anything mentioned should contribute to the thread in question. Anything off topic/relating to another thing in osu is a different story.

HyperBCS wrote:

1.) Ability to pause replay.
Reason: When watching a replay you might need to pause to do something. This is not possible, and if you missed something you will need to watch the entire replay over again.

2.)Ability to scrobble through a replay.
Reason: If you want to watch a specific part of a long song for practice and the editor is not meeting your needs it would be nice if you did not have to sit through the whole song to watch one part. Also if you want to watch the part multiple times you can go back and watch it again.

3.) More speed options, or speed slider bar.
Reason: Sometimes when watching a replay there might be a pattern just too fast for you to comprehend at the already low 0.5x speed. If there was a slider that went from 0 to say 2x it might help players grasp the technique for faster songs.
I'm pretty sure the thread is suggesting these 3 features.
Archangelwing
Forums are for discussing. If everyone would make an own Thread for anything thts not 100% related to the "real " point of the Thread, you would have thousands of posts with little details, that nobody would have the time /energy to read/ think about / and discuss if they are usefull or not. The reason of why disabling HD during the replay has allready been mentioned. It's just my opinion about the topic "Extras for replay mode " if you consider this as 'off-topic' idk how to reply on that ^^

-Discussonpart done for me-
Topic Starter
HyperBCS
Wow the stars on this really exploded! Well anyway the idea to auto-save replays in multiplayer is a great idea as well. It could be a simple toggle in the options whether or not you want it enabled. This seems like a very easy implementation. It always upsets me when I get a really nice play in multi and hit escape without remembering to save it. Hopefully Peppy reads this great thread!

Edit: Also the save failed plays is a great idea. It would be helpful to see why you fail in a map to help you practice. Just like in target practice when you fail you get a D. The replay data could show the same thing to make things less complicated, and show the score screen at the end of the replay.

Refrences:
Auto-Save Multi: t/140258
Save Failed Replay: t/87873
Justify

HyperBCS wrote:

Wow the stars on this really exploded! Well anyway the idea to auto-save replays in multiplayer is a great idea as well. It could be a simple toggle in the options whether or not you want it enabled. This seems like a very easy implementation. It always upsets me when I get a really nice play in multi and hit escape without remembering to save it. Hopefully Peppy reads this great thread!

Edit: Also the save failed plays is a great idea. It would be helpful to see why you fail in a map to help you practice. Just like in target practice when you fail you get a D. The replay data could show the same thing to make things less complicated, and show the score screen at the end of the replay.

Refrences:
Auto-Save Multi: t/140258
Save Failed Replay: t/87873

thelewa went on a rant about how the replay system was flawed, and I brought up your issue and his viewers went and starred it, then the mods promoted it too and boom 2k stars in half an hour for you.
Skadra_old
sounds cool :3
bdapple
/
Kodehawa_old
Support +1
-Cyan
this might be very useful :O
NicoNicoNiii
Support!
quiz-chan_DELETED
this HAS to exist, especially the replay pausing feature. countless times have I had to start a replay over just because some tiny thing was there that I had to do. >>
Proxy
oh yes please
Dazdy_old

Proxy wrote:

oh yes please
Essentially this. It'd help me out alot, especially the speed slider bar, because then watching replays would amuse me.
drum drum
Bumping for duplicate request t/340682
Razorust
I suppprt this feature
+1
Deva
Why are we not funding this??
Mahogany
We are funding this with many stars xp
Toxi

HyperBCS wrote:

1.) Ability to pause replay.
Already added in the Experimental release stream, just simply press 0

2.)Ability to scrobble through a replay.
This would actually be a good idea, except it would make the replay download time longer

3.) More speed options, or speed slider bar.
Already added in the Experimental release stream, pressing 1-9 changes how fast the replay goes.
NeXt4r_

Doge wrote:

1.) You can already sort of do this by clicking the button to add a comment, and then clicking in the text box.
2.) An experimental version of replay scrubbing is up on the test build, I think. Replay scrubbing is actually extremely inconvenient due to the way the score system works and what kind of data replays contain, hence why such an obvious feature doesn't exist yet.
3.) I support this.
1) first we dont want to see that stupid osu logo
2) test build huh you mean cutting edge?
3) thanks
show more