forum

What genre of anime do you like and dislike ??

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Akio_Shiroe

Mogsworth wrote:

kirukashi wrote:

What is a good sports anime to you then

RKB and KnB are the only two sports animes I honestly know of
  1. Chihayafuru
  2. Slam Dunk
  3. Hikaru no Go
  4. Touch
  5. Yowamushi Pedal
  6. Aim for the Ace
  7. Big Windup
  8. Cross Game
  9. Haikyuu!
All off the top of my head.

Ro Kyu Bu is still lolicon crap.
Ahh..chihayafuru,i like it. :)
NicoNicoNiii
Chihayafuru is a great anime but I dont think that can be called sport as much as the others.
Mogsy
It is most definitely a sports anime in the same way Hikaru no Go is; the focus is the characters and the sport is used as a framing device, but due to that framing device it falls into the category of sports drama.
Nub1
Slam Dunk's the most realistic basketball anime compared with KnB
Rumby
What I like : - Romance master race
- Slice of Life
- Drama
- Psychological

What I dislike :
- Mecha
- Sports

The rest is okay.
Celizavia
I wonder why lots of people dislike sports genre anyway

Dislike : romance,spice of life and the sad kind of anime orz
forgott3n
Dislike: Romance, highschool, comedy, slice of life. I love Clannad

Anything that have Action or interesting story,
I will watch it.
Critical Dude
The only mecha animes I can accept are Gurren Lagaan and Bakugan (I liked Bakugan when I was much younger).
AutoMedic

Critical Dude wrote:

The only mecha animes I can accept are Gurren Lagaan and Bakugan (I liked Bakugan when I was much younger).
LOL, Gurren Lagann.

STILL WHY WOULD THEY KILL KAMINA :(
Feast
Prefer: Slice of life, comedy, Romance, Highschool, I recently went into singing anime & it's great. I love everything realistic without magical power etc...

Dislike: I can like every anime, but I generally don't watch Mecha anime. (Not talking about Yaoi, Yuri, Shonen ai etc... I never watch those)

And the others are neutral.
tanteiRE
Like: Shojo, Seinen, Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Horror, Mystery, Tragedy, Harem/Reverse-Harem, Action, Adventure, Sci-fi, Supernatural

Dislike: Sports, Mecha

Approval: Yaoi, Yuri, Shojo Ai

Only exception to Mecha is Macross Frontier (<3 Ranka)
I guess I like Gurren Lagaan, too.. But its main genre isn't mecha; more like sci-fi..
DahplA
Like:
  1. Harem & Romance
  2. Slice of life
  3. Action
This is in preferential order.
[-Tsubomi-]
Likes: romance , drama , slice of life , horror , YAOIIII *0* , yuri (im p much okay with it) , mystery , shouen-ai , action , fantasy , sci-fi , adventure

Dislikes: ecchi , highschool ,
-Starry
Like: Romance, Comedy, Horror, Drama, Yuri, Shoujo Ai, Mystery, Fantasy, Slice of Life,
Dislike: Sports, Ecchi, Hentai, Mecha, Yaoi
Yonpachi_old
dislike : yuri and yaoi, also anime with super dense protag (usually in harem)
Yuuribo
Like: Comedy,Action,Slice of Life,Gore,Horror,Mystery,sometimes Supernatural and one other genre I am not going to say because.... :roll:

Dislike: Mecha,Sci-fi
Logograph
Like: Horror, sci-fi, fighting series, psychological, mindfuck

Dislike: Magical Girl, Mecha, Slice of Life, Sports

Ultimately, it's a manner of execution. I can name at least ten series I love that belong to genres I hate. I hate magical girl series, but I loved Madoka Magica and Lyrical Nanoha. I also hate Mecha, but Gundam 00 and Knights of Sidonia (hit-or-miss CGI aside) are amongst my favorite anime. Slice of life I find boring, but Nana, Polar Bear Cafe and Usagi Drop were awesome (the anime, of course. The least said about the manga's ending, the better).
Hidden Symphony
Not so my taste: Sport / Mecha / Magical Girl..
Though there are still some series I like with that genre (Free! / Break Blade (the Manga) / Mahou Shoujo Madoka).

Ecchi is also a thing...
It's a genre that can turn the quality of a series down by overusing it or forcing it into a series where it doesn't really fit in. (Highschool of the Deads random Ecchi for example. Was a turn-off for me... :/)
So I end up disliking a lot of Ecchi anime.

Though the Monogatari Series and No Game No Life (first ep excluded) had great Ecchi.
AnatOWJIya
Like:Romantic,School,Slice of Life
Dislike:Mystic
Starfall9908
Like: Shounen, Romantic, comedy, Sport, Shoujo, Sci-fi and Yaoi (I don't know why I even like it .__.)
Dislike: Ecchi (just a little of it is okay but not too much.(How much ecchi does Fairy Tail have?))
Miunix
My likes: Yuri, Romantic, Comedy, Sci-ifi, Music (idol type and just music animes like K-On!), Ecchi (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Slice Of Life, Horror, Drama, Fantasy, Magical girl, Shoujo (Idk why lol)

My dislikes: Yaoi (won't ever watch a anime with 2 boys inlove <.<), Sports (Not really much into sports anime)
Bweh
The genre doesn't really matter as long as it's played well. Understandably there's almost a stereotypical view for certain genres which deconstructions like Madoka turn away from, but following a certain genre expecting something enjoyable would be met with disappointment. Genres are just a generalization. To say I like Slice of Life for enjoying Clannad or Hyouka would be wrong considering these as well as other SoL's are radically different from each other. Same goes for Mecha, shounen, or any other genre. It's either done well or it's not.
Naru20
Like: Japanese mythology, supernatural, mystery, medieval fantasy, shonen, shoujo, seinen, josei, shonen ai

Dislike: kids(most of it), ecchi (there are exceptions), harem (there are a few exceptions), yuri, shoujo ai, hentai, mecha (most of it), slice of life (most of it)
YamiHikari
Likes: Mystery, supernatural, sci-fi, horror, tragedy, humor, fantasy, action, school.
Neutral: Slice of life, ecchi (I don't like too much of it), gore, yaoi, yuri, shonen-ai/shojo-ai.
Dislikes: Harem, mecha, hentai.
Rilene
Favorites:
- Mecha <Sentient> (super rare though, if you know a good anime that involves sentient mecha, please tell! X3 but not semi or partly sentient though...)
- Fantasy
- Mystery ( <3 )
- Drama (the stronger the drama, the more I like)

- Adventure (plain awesome)
- Magic (yay!)
- Action (good)
- Physiological
- Sci-Fi (makes plot more interesting)

Neutral:
- Mecha <Piloted> (I find sentient mecha more interesting for me)
- Comedy (ok, but any genre without it, plain good-ok for me)
- School (if combines with fantasy, <3)
- Gaming (simply ok)
- History (with fantasy or mecha, huge <3)
- Josei (I don't watch though but I know if I like it or not)
- Harem (ok, just ok but not combining with pervert-related)
- Horror (with drama, <3)
- Music (ok)
- Military (only if purely, without combination of other)

Dislike:
- Sports (I just don't find them interesting, that's all but considering them as dislike)
- Ecchi (oh well... I shouldn't watch or else my friend would make fun of me though...)
- Extreme Violence (oh well, this scares me)
- Shoujo-ai (don't ask)
- Shounen-ai (same as above)

Hates:
- Hentai (er...)
- Yaoi (... (' -') )
- Yuri (um...)

^^^ Don't ask... ^^^

- Any anime or manga that contains poorly designed plot, mecha (uh... Plz don't ask why do I mentioned here) and character.

And there are bit more but too lazy to list them out...

Also applies to manga.

So if anyone know a fantasy anime or manga that involves purely (at least 50% of the time is ok) sentient mecha, please tell me! :) I tried searching lots of time but no results... :(
zqw_old
I like murder mystery.
[ LJ ]
I like action and I do not dislike any genre
puccithecat
i like shoujo, comedy, etc

i dont like the too serious ones
BlackGoldSaw
Like: Psychological, Emotional, Horror, Supernatural

Dislike: Ecchi, Kids, Sports
-Kusokurae
Liked Genres:
1. Ecchi
2. Romance
3.Action
4. Comedy
5. Fantasy
6. Drama
7. Slice of Life
8. Hentai
Disliked Genres:
1. Yaoi
2. Yuri
depzdai
Like: ---> TRAGEDY <--- (50% it's a joke ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
Dislike: Nearly nothing.
mizuki-chan
i like comedy, drama, slice of life, ecchi, horror, harem, action, hentai of course and i think there is more...
im not a fan of mecha anime but there are sure a few exceptions which are good anyways
DeletedUser_6709840
I like sports and shoujo.

I don;t like mecha anime and ecchi in general
Agatsu
i like action
i like slice of life
i like drama
i like psychological
i like supernatural
i like romance
i dont like mecha
idontlikeecchi
45Traeath
( '-')b
-Comedy (whatever kind, as long as there are moments in which I should laugh)
-Slice of life

( '-')p
-Horror (hardcore levels such as massive bloodsheds [I can tolerate a few of them though, I don't know how and why] and inhumane things [zombies])

( '-') [neutral]
-whatever isn't mentionned (certainly most of them; as long as the summary catches my attention, and as I don't get shot for not being serious while watching them)

As for ecchi and genres related to hentai, I'll keep them to myself :q
Runiel
Things i like:
- Fantasy
- Romance
- Comedy
- Slice of life
- Military
- Action

Things i Dislike:
- Sports
- Mecha
- Horror
- Ecchi

Things i DESPISE:
- Yaoi
- Kiddies Cartoon
SilverBlade128
Genres I LIKE:
- Harem
- Comedy
- Fantasy
- Game
- Horror
- Supernatural
- Psychological
- Ecchi (Hehe)

Genres I'm ok with:
- Action
- Drama
- Slice of Life
- Romance
- Mystery
- Sci-Fi
- Sports

Genres I DISLIKE:
- Yaoi
- Yuri
- Shoujo
- Gore
SenpaiQueen23
Likes: Yaoi,Shonen-ai,Shonen,School,Magic, (Sometimes i like Ecchi) , Shoujo and Shoujo-ai.
Dislikes: Harem,Mecha, Yuri
Yohanes
I like romance, drama, comedy, and slice of life the most

and I dislike mecha lol
LucarioMurffdog
Don't exactly "dislike" anything. I just don't watch it. But I do like romantic Comedies like Toradora! and Oreimo. Also action shows like SAO and slice of life shows like New Game.
show more