forum

How to "use" tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jackart
Just got a tablet (huion 420) and I'm using about 1/4 of the maximum tablet area since I like to not move my wrist that much. I was wondering how big of an area other players use and if mine is too small and I should just get used to moving my hand/wrist a bit more?

edit: also im kind of holding the pen in a way thats crushing my pinky pretty much when i rest my hand against the tablet, is this normal or am I doint it wrong?
Blueprint
Whatever is more comfortable for you, go with biggest area you can manage, there's now wrong or right I believe my way is wrong but everybody elses way does not work for me.

And if you need anything else
nrl
I'm fond of shooting it, personally. Lots of people like to drink it, but I don't think there's enough kick.
Galagrawr
I have an H420 as well, and I just use the whole tablet area. You get used to moving a bit more, but it's all just a matter of what you like.

I also lay my pinky on the tablet. It just feels right for me, and it helps some people keep the pen in reading distance.

But in the end, play whatever way makes you feel comfortable. There's no right or wrong way to play ^.^
Maxis
I use full area on a 10" x 6.25" tablet (Adesso CyberTablet Z12). It is going a fair amount larger than usual, but point being tablet area for the most part is just to go with what's most comfortable for you. There really is no right or wrong tablet area.

I've heard others say use the largest you possibly can but still be able to reach all the corners comfortably, probably for most accurate cursor movement. It's a good idea, though I imagine no matter what tablet area you use you'll end up getting used to it eventually either way.