forum

Advice on how to quit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bluedoom57
I've been playing somewhat off and on for the past year, and I haven't really gotten better. Not that I want to. I think the game is awful, and every time I play I just hate everything about it, but I can't stop playing it. It's like any other addiction that you don't want, but can't get rid of. I've tried uninstalling the game on numerous occasions, but I just end up reinstalling it later. Help me.
Mathsma
lol
Hamchonk
You played like 4 songs like a year ago. Play a lot and you will get better..
Topic Starter
bluedoom57

Unity wrote:

You played like 4 songs like a year ago. Play a lot and you will get better..
I have no idea what you're reading, I've played far more than 4 songs. And far more than just a year ago.
And secondly, I don't know if you even read my post, but I have no interest in getting better at a game that I hate, I have an interest in quitting. And as I've already stated, I've had difficulty in doing that. Either give me the advice I specifically asked for, or don't say anything at all.
I Give Up
I joined this game 7 months ago but like you, thought it was awful and left. I never would've continued playing again until my friends insisted on playing multiplayer, from then I realised the potential and now this is my current most played game. Now I regret losing the first four months.

Actually the fact that you can regularly leave means that you can manage your time and can control your addiction, i.e. you're not really an addict. This is a good thing. I recommend start playing seriously by focusing on objectives within the time frame you've provided for yourself. That way you will improve a lot.

If you truly want to leave, then find another hobby that you might enjoy and get hooked on that one. Not all addictions are bad.
Ichi
You can´t, sory to dissapoint you man.
Vuelo Eluko
if you dont even have the patience to still be bad after only 400 plays idk man maybe u should just play simon says
no game is going to reward you that fast

you actually seem to be progressing at a normal rate by your playcount and rank judging by other friends ive tracked through their first few days/weeks playing.
Mismagius
You will never leave. I've been trying to since 6 years ago.
nrl
As has been said, at less than 400 plays you basically haven't even played the game, which is quite a shame. The gameplay is slick, the interface is totally customizable, the community is highly active and growing, and all the content is player-generated and player-moderated. As far as rhythm games go, osu! is the place to be right now, and it's showing no signs of slowing.

Since you're obviously still a little curious, perhaps it would be better if you told us what you don't like about the game.
nooblet
You're here forever.

I played for a month and stopped, then a year later I played again and stopped again. And now I'm stuck here.
Pettanko
if you really wanted to quit permanently then you would have done so already

do or do not, there is no try
KagamiHRS
Try other modes!
Taiko: Drum and Snare! Be an ultimate drummer!
Catch the beat: Catch all the falling fruits! Be a lightning quick catcher!
osu!mania: Fancy keyboard with dropping notes! Be a button mashing master!
-Soba-
apaffy will help take care of anything that's hard
Varetyr
Give your logs to a friend and tell him to change the password, and make sure he won't give you that pw.

Alternatively, man up and move along
kisata

-Soba- wrote:

apaffy will help take care of anything that's hard
n-no...
Dexus
Uninstall the game and have someone randomize your password and change your e-mail for the account.

Or simply stop playing and forget the game exists.
Oinari-sama
The common answer to an addiction is to fight it with a bigger addiction, sadly =.=

This thread isn't going anywhere.