forum

How to improve my (real) level ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Djent
Thanks you to according to me time to reply.

Also, I'm searching some Ar9 map which are 4~5 stars but there is no option to find them easier.
I feel more confortable to play 9 Ar thant any other AR, this thing make the difference between a play that i will have good accurency and an easy map wich could be a problem because of the AR that blow my mind. (like Ar 7 and 8)
Vuelo Eluko
Sort by: Difficulty
Click 4 star or 5 star
then type ar=9 to see only those

if you mean finding more maps to download of that kind, there's no easy way just look for them.
Topic Starter
Djent
"if you mean finding more maps to download of that kind, there's no easy way just look for them."
Yes, i was talking about that.

Sorry If i'm not understandable , I'm French ...(Do you no that french are bad in English :p)
GoldenWolf
know* not no btw
Fluxi

iqsi9M wrote:

"if you mean finding more maps to download of that kind, there's no easy way just look for them."

Sorry If i'm not understandable , I'm French ...(Do you no that french are bad in English :p)

Your English is perfectly fine for someone who is not a native speaker (oh god u should hear my terrible French)

The only thing you can really do is just browse through beatmaps and just download a bunch that you need. There may be some difficulties you can't do but keep them for a later date for when you may have improved even more
Topic Starter
Djent

SmexyKiss wrote:

iqsi9M wrote:

Your English is perfectly fine for someone who is not a native speaker (oh god u should hear my terrible French)

The only thing you can really do is just browse through beatmaps and just download a bunch that you need. There may be some difficulties you can't do but keep them for a later date for when you may have improved even more
Thanks, It's adorable, even if I'm not sure if i need to speak,the result wouldn't be the same :p.

Do you think that is better to play more harder map and keep playing the map wich I can play ?
Vuelo Eluko

iqsi9M wrote:

Do you think that is better to play more harder map and keep playing the map wich I can play ?
like ive said twice now, both.
Topic Starter
Djent
Excuse me :S
I'm asking differents players because I appreciate to have differents point of view :? .
Fluxi

Riince wrote:

iqsi9M wrote:

like ive said twice now, both.
^^ mix it up but don't be afraid to stretch your limits - I have more fun doing maps that I find hard to read or is beyond my comfort zone but I also do maps at my level to keep my accuracy and aim in check
Topic Starter
Djent
Ok, I will take the tips :D

It is really important for me to know this kinf of things because it will depend of my progression and what i will do to keep a good level.

Thanks to take time to respond .
nrl
What I used to do is sort all my maps by bpm, start at a bpm I new I could play well, and just run down the list without retrying more than two or three times and skipping super easy maps. This gave me a pretty good mix of maps I could easily FC on the first run, maps that I could FC in two or three runs, maps that were challenging for me, and maps that were stupidly hard, and it allowed me to build my speed up over time. It'll also get you familiar with both AR8 and 9, if you're into that.
Maxis
Dang, Riince stole my words about what types of maps to play, but I've got a certain pointer anyway.

There's a few other ways to find challenging maps not mentioned in this thread yet. When the download restrictions on maps were removed, I actually mass-downloaded every map ranked since June 2013 (sorry Bancho), then went and played through most at my preferred star difficulty. Some were too easy, some were too hard, some I just didn't plain like, but the ones I thought 'hey, this is very difficult, but I think I could conceivably FC this with enough tries,' I saved it somewhere like in a collection and played it until I did eventually FC it.

There are some easier ways however, if you don't want to just download a bunch of beatmaps (though I recommend you try it anyway). One of the easiest ways is by going to the beatmap listing and clicking "Recommended difficulty."

Also, I'm going to suggest finding maps based off of pp--I know you're not pp farming, but there's two reasons I recommend this:
a. Often, pp can be a highly good indicator of how difficult a map is and what is good for your rank.
b. Surprisingly, there are actually quite a few methods you can use to do this, which makes it a lot easier to find maps of the right difficulty:

- The traditional method of, finding people near your rank (best way is to find people near your ranking in your country on the Performance page) and copying their top ranks.
- A third party program called osu! Trainer will allow you to find a large variety of maps for a specific amount of pp; but on the other side of this coin:
- A bot called Tillerino will show you maps geared towards your best playstyle based off of your top ranks, with a wider range of pp given--you can use him by messaging him ingame and typing !r.
(also, Tillerino pulls his recommendations off of a site called ppaddict, which you might be interested in checking out.)

I recommend trying all of these eventually, because it's best to be playing a wide variety of maps. For most of the time, try staying in the difficulty of 'can't FC first try but not unpassable,' but make sure you expose yourself to a large variety of mapstyles so that all aspects of your playing can improve at a similar pace (if you find one begins lagging behind to a point where you can't play, take some time to focus on improving it by playing maps that challenge it specifically). You won't notice it at first, but a few weeks time of playing heavily like this you'll realize how much you've improved when you go back to the maps you were playing today.

All in all, make sure you're having fun. If you get frustrated with a certain map, go back to it later. If you're playing too much and tiring yourself out, take a break. Make sure you're saving some time to yourself to play maps you simply have fun with and enjoy playing. It does help if you really enjoy the game.
B1rd

Riince wrote:

many will say low ar is a useless skill but it's one thing to not be able to play low AR at maps at your level and being unable to play low AR at a much lower one. im not a low ar player because i can't read low ar maps at my level of 5+ star maps, but 4 stars aren't difficult. if you can't play low difficulty low ar 3 star maps
would you be willing to test that out? try these maps, FCs might give some nice pp~ https://osu.ppy.sh/s/17852 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/176339&m=0 https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=388588&m=0&nm=1#scores
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

would you be willing to test that out?
no i hate low ar
Dexus
Riince. Why are you boasting of playing at 5 stars when your top performance is only a 4.4 star map. I do agree that 5 stars is easy but you really don't have anything to back what you say (top performance full of 5 star ranks with high acc). The difference from 4.5 to 5.0 is rather large in both terms of difficulty and PP.

Sort by bpm, group by difficulty. Select 4 stars and put "bpm>=#" the number being whatever bpm you're comfortable with. Keep playing up through the maps and over time you'll become more consistent at playing. The variety of difficulty shouldn't be too outrageous and the consistent bpm will allow you to learn how to better control your fingers. Sometimes you can just put stars># if there's a point where some maps are painfully easy (as in you're getting perfect acc every play)

Commonly it works like this
High bpm high star rating =condensed streams and 1xnote spacing on half notes
Low bpm high star rating =spaced streams with large jumps on half notes

A 5 star 160bpm map will be jumpy compared to a 4 star 160bpm map. So if you suck at streaming at a certain bpm just be mindful of the star rating so you don't get wrecked by spacing and jumps. In the opposite fashion if you suck at aiming or need more jumpy maps then play lower bpm maps at high ratings.

Edit:
I would also like to add; ignore the difficulty settings. They don't matter just play the maps. If you limit yourself to training specific settings it will limit you. You can't sidestep getting better at mods by playing certain maps with certain settings. You simply just need to play the mods and you'll get better at playing said mods.
Vuelo Eluko
i get decent acc plays with barely any misses on 5 star maps all the time, you don't need to FC them to be able to play them or have an easy time with them. you know ppv2 favors near SS FC's on easy maps over still good scores on harder ones so why even mention it? of course they're going to be worth more PP.

unless you really think i was having anything other than an easy time playing any of these [first one was a multiplayer sight read]

http://i.imgur.com/tNGJCro.png
http://i.imgur.com/FacV8c5.png
http://i.imgur.com/86wg31k.png

not even really sure what your point was calling me out anyway. i have low consistency so i don't get fcs unless the map is easy to the point where im not really having to try very hard at all in which case it's boring and i rarely play them.
sangu

Riince wrote:

not even really sure what your point was calling me out anyway.
This is the reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Don't hate me.... :P
nrl
rekt
Vuelo Eluko

sanguisinvia wrote:

Riince wrote:

not even really sure what your point was calling me out anyway.
This is the reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Don't hate me.... :P
i know what Dunning-Kruger is. It's utterly irrelevant here.
Dexus
Those scores aren't worth contesting. I'd say you can play something if you can at least full combo or at least get 98% with a stray miss. The amount of 100s from 98% to 93% is large; especially on longer maps. Even if you're getting only two or three misses it shows you're just mashing on streams and messing up constantly.
Vuelo Eluko
all i was showing is that i wasnt lying. it's easy for me to play those maps. never said i didn't have bad habits or that i was consistent. our ideas of playing something are quite different I suppose.
Cocaine dog
sangu
I originally wasn't going to reply to this again, but since it got kinda bumped.....

Riince wrote:

i know what Dunning-Kruger is. It's utterly irrelevant here.
Hahahahahahaha, you make me laugh. Obviously you do not know what the Dunning-Kruger effect is or how to apply it. You do know that people say knowledge is not only knowing the factual information, but also how to apply it, right?

I'll give you one more chance to redeem yourself. This is a quote which explains why you are always being called out, not only on this thread but on many others as well.

David Dunning wrote:

If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.
source: The Wikipedia Page

*edit added a word for grammar reasons.... English is so hard :(
nrl
rekt
-Soba-
Being able to get 94%'s with misses does not imply being able to play at a certain bpm lol it only implies you can mash through the patterns without failing
Vuelo Eluko

sanguisinvia wrote:

I'll give you one more chance to redeem yourself.
okay
but i wont. your stupidity and lack of knowledge of how and when dunning-kruger is applicable yet continuous parroting of the term has gone on long enough.
even if you had something relevant or intelligent to add, it wasn't your business to start with.

sangu

Riince wrote:

okay
but i wont. your stupidity and lack of knowledge of how and when dunning-kruger is applicable yet continuous parroting of the term has gone on long enough.
even if you had something relevant or intelligent to add, it wasn't your business to start with.
VICTORY!!!!!! Life goal #1: Get ignored by riince/bassist vinyl :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

But in all seriousness, I just called you soo stupid that you think that you are smart. (I was really trying to avoid that term...) And in none of your posts did you ever even try to help your cause. Are you afraid of confirming my and many other's suspicions? So far all you have done is say, "I know what this term is, and yet, I don't care to read/try to understand what you are saying." So then, if I am so dumb, please, teach me what Dunning-Kruger is and why it should not apply to you. I am looking for a healthy debate here, not a "you're dumb" war.

tl:dr TEACH ME RIINCE-SENPAI 8-)
nrl
rekt
RaneFire

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

rekt

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

rekt

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

rekt

sanguisinvia wrote:

VICTORY!!!!!! Life goal #1: Get ignored by riince/bassist vinyl :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
A lot easier than you think. He's super-defensive, often ignoring your implied point completely, picking out irrelevant things to invalidate your point and always missing the actual point or context. It's quite annoying to have this guy reply to your posts, because you know he's not interested in constructive discussion.

Chances are he won't read this anyway, but I've deleted more posts in an effort to not reply to him, than I have actually replied to him. I don't know if he finds it fun or what, but I'm quite relieved I'm on his ignore list. Need only insult his sense of self-importance and the deed is done.