forum

I cant find a decent tapping style

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZenithPhantasm
Have you guys ever had an issue where you cant figure out which finger to tap with? (Excuse me for my poor grammar)

I've tried every tap style:

Singletap-> Cant tap for 180bpm

Full Alternate-> Cant full alternate cause I suck

Halfalternate-> My hand screws up at triplets

Video of what I mean:
Vuelo Eluko
do you want us to tell you which hand to use to wipe your butt as well? just do whichever you want
Fluxi
Well, if your hands screw up at triplets then you should just practice triplets until your hands stop screwing up on those parts. Triplets will just come naturally after a while
Topic Starter
ZenithPhantasm

SmexyKiss wrote:

Well, if your hands screw up at triplets then you should just practice triplets until your hands stop screwing up on those parts. Triplets will just come naturally after a while
My biggest problem is singletap speed. I can only singletap 80bpm streams reliably so to compensate I tried alternating. Sadly, I didnt learn alternating correctly since I still prefer my index over my middle finger hence the halfalternate.
B1rd
try using your wrist to singletap.
Topic Starter
ZenithPhantasm

B1rd wrote:

try using your wrist to singletap.
I would but my desk is 4 inches higher than my elbows. Getting a new desk is out of the question since my parents will not allow me to.

"A desk is a desk" - Parents
B1rd
get a higher chair?
Mathsma
Pick a finger and start slow, then move up in speed after you feel comfortable with that speed. After that, keep practicing.
GoldenWolf
It's not that you can't find a decent tapping style

It's that you lack practice, so in order to fix that, you have to play more
Gumpy
Why does no one read the forum?!

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.