forum

General Football/Soccer Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue
Khedeira in the talks with both Bayern and Arsenal. Real doesn't want workhorses but rather artists, (it worked so well for the spanish team this world cup right?) so they want to sell him. Bayern prolly will get Khedeira, wish that he goes to Arsenal though :/
Vish024
It's always fucking Bayern, honestly if they manage to pull Reus within the next year as well I'll be godamn pissed. At some point they'll probably have the whole national team.
Cherry Blossom
but they will not get ozil x)
Trash Boat
Rest In Peace Julio Humberto Grondona, President of the Argentine Football Association
1931-2014
Magicphoenix

LaVolpe024 wrote:

It's always fucking Bayern, honestly if they manage to pull Reus within the next year as well I'll be godamn pissed. At some point they'll probably have the whole national team.
I mean, whoever's got the money amirite...
Honestly, I find it a bit sad that many (young) players get bought up by Bayern and then they rot on the bank for 2 years. Lots of wasted potential and time (and probably opportunities to have a happy/exciting career)
I guess it's cool for me as a fan that we have so many great players but we've already been at that point for a long time where we just buy whoever we want and that person comes 'coz we have the name and the money. My biggest deal I have with that is because it's getting boring
Oh well, that's just how it goes I suppose. I still love Bayern :)

PS: On the bright side, every buy we had these few 2-3 years has been a great addition to the team. Lewandowski is already playing like a fucken BEAST. Like, WOW. Love this guy xD
Vish024
Problem is it seems like Bayern is simply buying out the rest of the Bundesliga. They're generating some great talent from their youth system, as we've seen recently, but they're greatly weakening other clubs. I'm just afraid that players like Draxler and Reus will also be absorbed by Bayern. The domestic scene needs competition, it's what keeps it interesting and healthy like in France, Netherlands and England. If Bayern trounces everyone and dominates the scene for several seasons it'll lose its glamour. I want to see other clubs like BVB, Schalke and Leverkusen giving them a good run.
Tanzklaue
no schalke shouldn't give them a run.

fuck schalke.
Cherry Blossom
wth is that Sanogo, hat trick against Benfica.
but anyway, he won the U21 world cup with someone else called Pogba :)
bmin11
lol lol lol we lost to Werder Bremen by 0:3. I don't think moving Torres to the winger side isn't working at all. Mourinho has been testing this for the past few friendlies, but it's just not showing anything positive out of him.
Tanzklaue
we have some rumors about transfers in stuttgart, a mexican dude and i think someone from barca? I don't know that much about it, but i hope some people come to stuttgart. only 2 nürnberger and gruezo from ecuador are confirmed :/
Vish024
You've signed Romeu on loan from Chelsea, he's alright from what I've heard.

I quite like Stuttgart and their colours, I think I'll begin following them in Bundesliga. Been a few years since I watched Bundesliga on a regular basis, I should get back into it.
E14
I like Van Gaal's coaching and amazing mixing up of players in the field and sometimes tactical subs (Krul in Penalty shootout)
Manchester United players are so resounding, hoping that they will lead the premiere league again.
Vish024
Bayern already discussing Reus' contract publicly, much to the dismay of BVB. I mean fucking hell Bayern, really? Really Rummenigge? I sure as hell hope Reus has it in his heart to not go to Bayern, that's what takes some serious courage.
bmin11
Romeu was great, but his form has dropped massively due to an injury. Because of this, his performance at Valencia was a hit or miss. He is still young, so I'm positive he will find his self soon.

Van Gaal made Young look like a good winger. That's an achievement already.
Tanzklaue

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Bayern already discussing Reus' contract publicly, much to the dismay of BVB. I mean fucking hell Bayern, really? Really Rummenigge? I sure as hell hope Reus has it in his heart to not go to Bayern, that's what takes some serious courage.
nobody these days can withstand the temptation of money, sadly.

bayern doesn't care about the german football scene. they only care for profit and good results, and they'll get them. and if they have to buy the entire bundesliga and spread them to bayern II through CC.
Vish024
Final round match ups of Champions League play-offs will be determined on Friday. We could be up for a tasty encounter in the play-offs.

League route clubs:

Seeded: Arsenal FC (ENG), FC Porto (POR), FC Zenit (RUS), Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER), SSC Napoli (ITA)

Unseeded: Athletic Club (ESP), LOSC Lille (FRA), FC København (DEN), R. Standard de Liège (BEL), Beşiktaş JK (TUR)

I'd love to play Copenhagen, they've got a smashing atmosphere at the Parken. Definitely want to avoid Athletic though, not a team to be trifled with.
JonnyThatJonny
League Route:

Beşiktaş JK (TUR) v Arsenal FC (ENG)
R. Standard de Liège (BEL) v FC Zenit (RUS)
FC København (DEN) v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)
LOSC Lille (FRA) v FC Porto (POR)
SSC Napoli (ITA) v Athletic Club (ESP)

Champions Route:

NK Maribor (SVN) v Celtic FC (SCO)
FC Salzburg (AUT) v Malmö FF (SWE)
Aalborg BK (DEN) v APOEL FC (CYP)
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU) v PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK) v FC BATE Borisov (BLR)

Lille seem like a solid squad, will be tough getting through. Still I'm so hyped for this season, it takes one horrible season for Porto chairmen to really revamp the team, a ton of signings and promising players, I don't expect us to start playing well from night to day with so many changes but I have my hopes up.

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I'd love to play Copenhagen, they've got a smashing atmosphere at the Parken. Definitely want to avoid Athletic though, not a team to be trifled with.
Besiktas seem somewhat in the middle. Neither one of the easiest or the hardest matchups imo. Crazy atmosphere too haha.
Vish024
We have a good record against Turkish sides so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Napoli-Athletic should be a great clash though.
SpeechClass

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

SSC Napoli (ITA) v Athletic Club (ESP)
LOSC Lille (FRA) v FC Porto (POR)
Rip..
Vish024
Community Shield kicks off, let's see how we go. It'd be nice to begin the season with a win against City at Wembley, especially before the opening EPL matchday.

[EDIT]: 3-0 to us, routine stuff. Alexis and Ramsey had a good run, Chambers looked solid at the back despite a few errors. City weren't in character though, they were playing Clichy at right full back which showed how seriously they were taking it. All same a nice win.
bmin11
Community Shield shouldn't be considered as a 'friendly' and Pellegrini made that point clear with his interviews. So, that makes me seriously doubt on Man Citys defense. Boyata was a nuisance. Arsenal had a field day with playing around the space Boyata has given. On the other hand, I think Yaya Sanogo could be the best starter for Arsenal. His form has been fantastic (I heard he scored a hattrick against Benfica?).

Meanwhile, Chelsea is STILL testing out playing Torres as a winger atm. Is Mourinho serious about this? Because it has been worse then playing him on top so far.
Vish024
Sanogo was alright, I remember reading someone describing him as a "extremely talented giraffe who occasionally makes you go "wow!" and otherwise makes you go "wow...?"" which pretty much sums up his style. Scoring a hat-trick against Benfica in a friendly means nothing as far as I'm concerned, it'll give him confidence which is basically the only thing that came out of it. If he can do that with the sort of service he received against Benfica in crucial competitive fixtures then I'll be impressed.

Also Koscielny received a minor tendon injury during the game that had him off at half time. We were playing Monreal at centre back, I seriously hope we sort out a decent deal for a defender or defensive midfielder that can also play at centre back when needed since Kos is now a doubt for next weekend and Merte most likely won't play because he's been given extended leave alongside Ozil and Poldi to rest after their world cup antics.

Torres as a winger just sounds horrid, I don't think his initiative, ball control and delivery is anywhere near good enough to fit that role.
Cherry Blossom
Wow, i've just watched Real Madrid, and this team looks really impressive and even better than last year.
JonnyThatJonny
I get the feeling Real is entering dangerous waters, history told us what happened with the early 00's galacticos. But it's damn right that like before, they'll show us some of the best possible football before going downhill.
Vish024
Franck Ribery retires from international football. Diego Lopez signs for AC Milan from Real Madrid. Kompany extends his contract by five years at Man City.

Meanwhile at Arsenal:

Cherry Blossom

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Franck Ribery retires from international football.

Awh, that's sad for us ;w;
Vish024
Jack Wilshere wishes Ox happy birthday.

Aw man I won't forget that day easily, fucking hell.
bmin11
First day of EPL FINALLY!! I swear I waited for this more than the WC
SpeechClass
Today is soccer day
K-league Classic #1 vs #2 match and EPL's First day

good!
yeahyeahyeahhh
bmin11

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

http://gfycat.com/NeedyRemorsefulHornedviper

WTF IS THAT
Oh ASDGBNSRTFDBRSFDBSDFASDAGERSDF
Tanzklaue
VFB just lost in the first round of the DFB Pokla to 2nd league team Bochum.

not that i expected us to win, our team is even worse than last year, since we just kinda didn't buy anyone worth anything \:D/
SpeechClass

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

http://gfycat.com/NeedyRemorsefulHornedviper

WTF IS THAT
shity moment hahaha :)
Vish024
What a fabulous day for football. Swansea winning at Old Trafford, Ramsey clinching the winner for us at the very end. God bless Wales.
bmin11
I'm sorry to say this in front of you, but Fabregas had a wonder of a match. I swear Mourinho just told Cesc to do whatever he wants, because he just turned Chelsea into his team. I didn't see the day to watch one touch passes being made in the penalty box.
Tanzklaue
schalke lost against third league team dresden in the first round of the DFB pokal and joins stuttgart on the list of teams that embarassed themselves before the season even really started.

good job german bundesliga teams. good job.

Edit: mainz and augsburg too.

Edit2: also stuttgarts season starts with games against bayern, dortmund and gladbach. the perks of almost having relegated a season before!
Vish024
That's poor by the Bundesliga clubs but it's good for the German league system overall, it shows the depth in quality in both leagues. That's a tough few opening fixtures, but think of it as getting those sides out of the way. Try grinding out results against them but if not at least you won't have to play them until after December.

bmin11 wrote:

I'm sorry to say this in front of you, but Fabregas had a wonder of a match. I swear Mourinho just told Cesc to do whatever he wants, because he just turned Chelsea into his team. I didn't see the day to watch one touch passes being made in the penalty box.
At the end of the day many Arsenal fans, myself included, are indifferent towards players like Cesc. It's not worth paying attention towards him or any of their sort. Keep in mind that we moulded him to our style, just like we did for Brady, Rocastle, Limpar, Ljungberg and Ramsey.
Jindujun93
I definitely got a good laugh out of Schalke's match yesterday, seeing how I don't live -that- far away from Dresden. Nice to see a team from my region progressing there. Though Bremen's match was a bit hard to watch the day before. Glad they progressed though. Now onwards to the first game of the season against Hertha!
Vish024
15 year old Martin Ødegaard set to make his international debut for Norway quite possibly in a friendly against England scheduled within the coming weeks. This kid has been tearing up the Tippeligaen (Norway's first division), literally running rings around players twice his age. Very promising future prospect, I just hope he doesn't get poached by Bayern, Real Madrid, Barca et al.

Magicphoenix

LaVolpe024 wrote:

15 year old Martin Ødegaard set to make his international debut for Norway quite possibly in a friendly against England scheduled within the coming weeks. This kid has been tearing up the Tippeligaen (Norway's first division), literally running rings around players twice his age. Very promising future prospect, I just hope he doesn't get poached by Bayern, Real Madrid, Barca et al.

Wow o_O impressive kid
show more