Akame ga kill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Revy-
d
deadbeat

Revy- wrote:

Why is nobody fanboying about Akame ga kill!
what do you think i've been doing for the past few months?
hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype
hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype
Mogsy
are you kidding

everybody besides me is fanboying Akame ga Kill.

I personally am watching it but don't get the hype. It's a tonedeaf grimdark action show.
deadbeat
i'm hyping for something that should hopefully be happening in the manga soon :p
Topic Starter
Revy-

deadbeat wrote:

Revy- wrote:

Why is nobody fanboying about Akame ga kill!
what do you think i've been doing for the past few months?
YES
Gumpy
Added it to "plan to watch" as I will maybe watch in a few months.
AutoMedic
I dont wanna spoil everyone

but mark my words, Death

anyway, ITT: Your favorite Imperial Weapon
Dznutz
Real talk, to me akame ga kill is pretty damn good so far.

The animation is great and especially the fight scenes where they actually duel that shit out.
None of that "one hit clash stalemate - push each other half way across the world, talk your ear off then the fight ends in the next two hits" bullshit.

Just for kicks
piruchan
I thought deadbeat made this thread.

deadbeat wrote:

i'm hyping for something that should hopefully be happening in the manga soon :p
Words cannot explain how thankful I am for you saying Akame ga Kill is good. Marathon all those chapters in two days. Best manga I've ever read. I'm just hoping that it is going to end, unlike some other big titles that seem to keep going on forever. *cough* naruto *cough*

Revy- wrote:

Why is nobody fanboying about Akame ga kill. I mean boobs, gore, action and many more genres. Like fuck Tokyo Ghoul its all about Akame ga kill
I agree! I don't even watch Tokyo Ghoul.

Leguna
I've found Akame ga Kill manga back in 2013. and damn, it was such an awesome manga.
and now the anime has been airing, i'm glad of it ~(@.@~)
Critical Dude

Revy- wrote:

I mean boobs, gore, action and many more genres.
Do boobs and gore even mix?

Anyway I'm on episode 4 of AGK and I really like the action and comedy shown in the past few episodes. I'm looking forward to more of that!
Nekolike
i love sheele >-<
Mogsy

Critical Dude wrote:

Revy- wrote:

I mean boobs, gore, action and many more genres.
Do boobs and gore even mix?
they're pretty much staples of every "mature" action title
Topic Starter
Revy-
g
GeeNX
I wouldn't call it gore at all, but I'm liking it a lot, hope the anime doesn't take the wrong way
tanteiRE
Gore just means blood, so yeah, it's gory.

It's pretty exciting, seems like a typical shonen, but the characters are fun but mortal. :'(

I'm watching the anime now and have considered reading the manga, but there aren't too many chapters yet so unless the anime gets cut short with only a season, I probably won't read the manga.
Arcanine
Akame's pretty good, but then I found out about Tokyo Ghoul. Fuk u OP.
Topic Starter
Revy-
this post is cringe
Bweh
If you're just in it for boobs there are better choices than Akame ga Grill

I suppose it's different because it has the tendency of killing off your precious waifu material tier girls but that aside it's not really great or bad.
Jindujun93
Personally, I don't get the hype for Akame ga Kill yet, really. The villains so far are quite a bit too exaggerated for my tastes, even if they want to demonstrate how screwed the capital is. That wouldn't be too much of an issue if Night Raid would be good, but so far my feelings are mixed on that. Tatsumi's the average lead so far, Akame the usual overpowered main character. I absolutely -hate- Mine so far since I'm just fed up with Tsunderes and Ojous at this point. I warmed up a bit to Leone with the recent episode after the beginning used her for fanservice. Sheele... well. Not much to say there.
The ones I'm actually interested in are only Najenda, Bulat and Lubbock (if they don't focus on his perverted attitude that much, because I actually like his Imperial Arms a lot. Reminds me of Machi from HxH). Too bad though that I've been spoiled by some guy on MAL and therefore know that Bulat's going to die soon.

In general, I find the contrast between the serious and comedic moments a bit too jarring. It somewhat works if it focuses on just one side for a longer time, but even then I'm not too sure what to think about it just yet. I won't drop it - I never do that - but well, from what I watch this season it somewhat seems like the weakest show so far.
Fushu_old

Jindujun93 wrote:

Personally, I don't get the hype for Akame ga Kill yet, really. The villains so far are quite a bit too exaggerated for my tastes, even if they want to demonstrate how screwed the capital is. That wouldn't be too much of an issue if Night Raid would be good, but so far my feelings are mixed on that. Tatsumi's the average lead so far, Akame the usual overpowered main character. I absolutely -hate- Mine so far since I'm just fed up with Tsunderes and Ojous at this point. I warmed up a bit to Leone with the recent episode after the beginning used her for fanservice. Sheele... well. Not much to say there.
The ones I'm actually interested in are only Najenda, Bulat and Lubbock (if they don't focus on his perverted attitude that much, because I actually like his Imperial Arms a lot. Reminds me of Machi from HxH). Too bad though that I've been spoiled by some guy on MAL and therefore know that Bulat's going to die soon.

In general, I find the contrast between the serious and comedic moments a bit too jarring. It somewhat works if it focuses on just one side for a longer time, but even then I'm not too sure what to think about it just yet. I won't drop it - I never do that - but well, from what I watch this season it somewhat seems like the weakest show so far.
become a writer or something
AutoMedic

Jindujun93 wrote:

Akame Ga Kill has a unique perspective and can pull-off those things cleanly. The mixture between stereotypical, creative, funny and dark villans are amazing. As for the main characters, I'd have to agree with you. Akame is pretty interesting, Tatsumi is just your generic MC with plot armor and MLG blade skills that's more far amazing than this guy. Seryu Ubiquitous is brutal as fuck
moeanao
I'm liking it a lot so far ^^
A little too much fanservice for my taste tho, haha..
Senpoii
Loving the anime so far. Finally an anime that isn't over-the-top censored to the point it turns into more of an abstract art show with intricite patterns in black. Tokyo Ghoul
I'll admit, I'm watching Tokyo Ghoul and feel on-the-edge while watching it- but as soon as a fighting scene comes, I feel I can get better results closing my eyes and listening compared to watching.
yumi
Imuoto a cute

Looking forward to sister final battle.

Wave is best guy. Bols close second
RedRain
chainpullz
Akame is great because they kill off a lot of the main characters early and often. It's way more realistic that way instead of MC's being all powerful or powering up mid-fight and never REALLY being in a bind. Plus the characters are enjoyable.
Mogsy

chainpullz wrote:

Akame is great because they kill off a lot of the main characters early and often. It's way more realistic that way instead of MC's being all powerful or powering up mid-fight and never REALLY being in a bind. Plus the characters are enjoyable.
I definitely disagree with this. Killing off characters and developing them solely for the sake of killing them off isn't realistic or mature or even all that unique. It has more in common with Mirai Nikki than anything else, in that it's trying to pass off mean-spirited violence, trashy writing, and unsympathetic characters as some form of moral grey area. It's honestly really fucking gross to watch and I stopped awhile ago due to it.

You can do moral grey, gore, unsympathetic characters, and violence well and without being wholly mean-spirited. Fuck this show.
chainpullz
It's a war of attrition. If some of the main characters didn't die it would just be stupid. It's much more realistic for a revolution to be an extremely bloody conflict for both sides with loss everywhere.
Mogsy

chainpullz wrote:

It's a war of attrition. If some of the main characters didn't die it would just be stupid. It's much more realistic for a revolution to be an extremely bloody conflict for both sides with loss everywhere.
You can also handle that with less tonal dissonance and actual character development instead of sequences that basically telegraphed who was going to die next. It's called being able to write a cohesive narrative.
The Winner Man
I like the anime/manga but Mogs is right killing people off leaves no room for character development and that there are deathflags practically placed on people's heads telling you they're gonna die. The anime also has excessive fanservice which I find unnecessary but I wouldn't go out of my way to criticize it calling it complete trash. That's going a bit far.
Apex_old
The only episode that is worthy of watching in the entire series is the pilot, which is only mediocre in its quality, except the twist ending. But when you compare the twist ending of the pilot to South Park's "Scott Tenorman Must Die" it's only normal.
show more