forum

Skype tool for osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kon
Program has been re-written as of 10 - 31 - 2014 Please re-download if you have the old version.

Features:
Mute Microphone while playing or spectating.
Change Mood while playing (Customize-able).
Change Status while playing (Customize-able).
Enable 'Silent Mode' while playing.
Change Name while playing (Customize-able).
Anything changed will be reset when not playing or once osu! closes.
More to come...

Support
If you run into a problem with the program or would like any help or have any questions / concerns, feel free to contact me via:
Email: jdevasier12@gmail.com

For this to work you must enable "Integrate with MSN Live status display" in your settings, and have .NET Framework 4.0

Updates
11/1/2014
  1. Stopped the mood spam when changing maps (old mood -> map -> old mood) It will only reset back to your normal mood if you close the program.
  2. Fixed a bug with the updater not sending the right date to compare
10/31/2014
  1. Added an auto-updater
  2. Removed unused options
10/16/2014
  1. Rewrote entire program to make it less CPU expensive.

If you have any problems or suggestions let me know and i can try to help you.
DENKOUSEKKA
I'll be using this sometimes since I usually don't play with Skype open
Topic Starter
Kon
I have noticed this does still do whatever is checked if you are spectating someone. Since there isn't an actual API for C# this wont be possible to fix so you'll have to just stop it while you spectate.
Howl
Currently I'm on holiday so this isn't very helpful to me, but when I'll be at home I'll just LOVE this program.
Would be awesome a tickbox to open the program everytime you turn on the PC.
beeboy123
Can someone get a screen shot or video of this program in action
Topic Starter
Kon

Howl wrote:

Currently I'm on holiday so this isn't very helpful to me, but when I'll be at home I'll just LOVE this program.
Would be awesome a tickbox to open the program everytime you turn on the PC.
Im currently working on saving data and running it on startup.

beeboy123 wrote:

Can someone get a screen shot or video of this program in action
I can record one when i finish the above stuff, but its pretty straight forward. Until then ill post a couple screenshots asap.
Topic Starter
Kon
Update:
- Added launch on start up capabilities
- Added support for storing the data selected

Uploading a video to show it all off now. Will add it to the main post when its done :P
Secretpipe
Looks awesome so far !

Great job Jacob !
Magnolia
this is sooo nice, now i dont get disturbed while playing and i dont disturbe others, altho the mood thing is pretty spammy, if there was a way to turn down the skype volume abit instead of putting on hold that would be even bettter
Stefan
Just wondering:

I actually was editing something, do you think it's possible to put "edit" instead of playing?
Topic Starter
Kon

Stefan wrote:

Just wondering:

I actually was editing something, do you think it's possible to put "edit" instead of playing?
Unfortunately because there is not an actual c# API i cannot :( Otherwise there would be a lot more features :P
When (if) peppy releases an API for c# ill be able to do a lot more. Maybe ill request it.
Topic Starter
Kon
Update 1.1

- Changed the icon (Thanks to HandHeldPillow)
- Added ability to change your name while playing
- Added ability to select the status you will move to while playing
- Added ability to auto-start
- Made almost everything customizeable

To use the Name function or the mood function set what you would like to be your mood / name in the text box next to it.
So for example if you want "Spectating rrtyui - song name blah blah" you would do "Spectating rrtyui - (song)", and the name works the same way; "Jacob [Playing osu!]" would be "(name) [Playing osu!]".

If anything isnt working or some kind of data isnt saving let me know and i will try to fix it.
As always you can get the download link here: https://github.com/JDevasier/OsuSkype/archive/master.zip
Miunix
It doesn't seem to work for me D: My skype mood & Status isn't changing when playing, mic doesn't get muted and i checked everthing... :(
Topic Starter
Kon

- NekoBeat - wrote:

It doesn't seem to work for me D: My skype mood & Status isn't changing when playing, mic doesn't get muted and i checked everthing... :(
Thats weird. Im not really good at troubleshooting others' problems but I guess make sure you have .NET 4.5 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
Also what operating system are you running on? I compiled this in Windows 8 but it should all work regardless since i tested it in compatibility mode on both 7 and vista. If downloading .NET 4.5 doesn't work I can re-compile it in 4.0.
.NET4.0 version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f0fdxwnxs8y324s/osu_Skype.exe
If that still doesnt work add me and i can help you easier.
Leone
Love this program it's really useful especially if my friends don't want to hear me mashing my keyboard :P
MrLolrus
Sounds useful; I'll try it out and let you know what I think :)
MoonChow
I tried this with all settings enabled and nothing worked at all I was ingame fullscreen.
Shota
It doesn't want to work for me and I have the highest .NET
and I run windows 7
MoonChow

Desiree wrote:

and I run windows 7
Yup, same with me.
Shota

MoonChow wrote:

Desiree wrote:

and I run windows 7
Yup, same with me.
It only works if you have it in windowed mode from what I noticed. IT wont work at all in full screen.
Topic Starter
Kon
That's really weird. The way i get the players map is simply by grabbing the windows title(so it wouldn't work on anything but Windows btw). So that doesn't get changed while in fullscreen. I would recommend just using borderless windowed mode https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/RUasphV.png. Unless you have a reason why wouldn't use it. otherwise there's really nothing i can do unless peppy releases a c# API/lib.
MillhioreF
There's already an "API" that allows you to get the song title if the player selects "Integrate with MSN Live status display". Ask Piotrekol about how to use it.
MoonChow

MillhioreF wrote:

There's already an "API" that allows you to get the song title if the player selects "Integrate with MSN Live status display". Ask Piotrekol about how to use it.
I had this enabled in fullscreen and it still doesn't do anything.
MillhioreF
That's because the program would have to be specifically written to use it for it to work.
MoonChow

MillhioreF wrote:

That's because the program would have to be specifically written to use it for it to work.
Ah I see, however it still doesn't work in windowed.
Evanesce
I think this is a very good idea, keep up the good work :D
show more