forum

Hidden helps you to hear the song?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
I mean, when i play with Hidden mod, i haven´t the approach lines, so i need to understand the beat of the song to make it well, i saw it happening in Normal+HR+HD, but i don´t really know if this HELPS you to improve your timing because you need to hear the song and time for hitting the notes, or its simply a way to memorize the position of notes.

Thanks
Amianki
Hidden forced me to switch from focusing on approach circles to listen to the beat of the song instead. Now I don't even really notice approach circles with hidden turned off, so there's not a whole lot of point for me to not play with it on. Hidden doesn't really require memorization once you've gotten used to it (or at least I'm not sure if you do when you start, since it's been years since I was at that point), as you can easily hit close to every note that you would nomod once you're good enough with it.
Vuelo Eluko
my acc/timing is improving without hidden. its not necessary to use hidden to improve your timing. use hard rock for better acc

when i play nomod my priorities are hitsounds > approach circles >= song, with hidden it just takes the middle one out. also you can and will learn to read hidden at least partly visually just like if there are approach circles by learning the delay between notes/combo #'s disappearing anyway, so in all honesty hidden is hardly even a mod.
Martell_old_1
Hidden sucks.
Don't start playing with it unless you're high ranked already.
Also normals/hards don't have hard patterns at all that you woudlnt recognise with hidden easily though. It's really hard at least for me to play insanes with tricky patterns so fuck hidden.
GoldenWolf

Martell wrote:

Hidden sucks.
why
that doesn't make sense
buny
Hidden is a pain to play at ar lower than 9, and unless you're going to HR+DT+HD that normal, you'e not going to get into top50.
Also hardly any pp for hd on easy maps

Some people don't turn off hd because they're better at that than no mod. It's just preference.
Martell_old_1

GoldenWolf wrote:

Martell wrote:

Hidden sucks.
why
that doesn't make sense
It could make your reading worse. I know people who were playing with hidden at beginning and then they couldn't play nomod properly. They could play hidden-only, but the problem is that most of maps are unreadable for them so it was a fucking tough case.
It's like that guy who learned ar10 before learning how to ar9 even. Hopeless.
B1rd

Martell wrote:

Hidden sucks.
Also normals/hards don't have hard patterns at all that you woudlnt recognise with hidden easily though. It's really hard at least for me to play insanes with tricky patterns so fuck hidden.
IMO hards have hard patterns. plenty of them have circle on every half note at AR8 180bpm. They just have less spacing.
Martell_old_1

B1rd wrote:

Martell wrote:

Hidden sucks.
IMO hards have hard patterns. plenty of them have circle on every half note at AR8 180bpm. They just have less spacing.
Well, i can play most of the hards with HDHR but playing insanes with HD or HDHR makes me fucking cry because of those hidden notes i don't play with followpoints though
GoldenWolf

Martell wrote:

It could make your reading worse. I know people who were playing with hidden at beginning and then they couldn't play nomod properly. They could play hidden-only, but the problem is that most of maps are unreadable for them so it was a fucking tough case.
Those people just aren't used to play with approach circles, but in any case having HD turned on all the time isn't even a bad thing.
If anything it would improve your reading and help you to rely on the actual rhythm/hitsounds/song instead of looking at approach circles to know when to hit them circles. That is, if you don't do it wrong and instead look at the fade-out to know when to hit.
Martell_old_1

GoldenWolf wrote:

Martell wrote:

Those people just aren't used to play with approach circles, but in any case having HD turned on all the time isn't even a bad thing.
If anything it would improve your reading and help you to rely on the actual rhythm/hitsounds/song instead of looking at approach circles to know when to hit them circles. That is, if you don't do it wrong and instead look at the fade-out to know when to hit.
Well, i have problem with Hidden because of that i don't notice hidden circles in weird pattern sometimes. Are followpoints necessary?
GoldenWolf
They aren't.
In a few cases some hidden circles have to be memorized, but pretty much everything can be sightreadable on the first try, even with hidden, it's a matter of reading skill.
Martell_old_1
Aight.
B1rd

Martell wrote:

Well, i can play most of the hards with HDHR but playing insanes with HD or HDHR makes me fucking cry because of those hidden notes i don't play with followpoints though
hards with HD HR are the easiest thing, try them with HD only. AR8 with hidden will make you cry.
winber1
hidden is life
GoldenWolf

winber1 wrote:

hidden is life
and life makes you cry
buny

winber1 wrote:

hidden is life
hidden is love
nrl

GoldenWolf wrote:

In a few cases some hidden circles have to be memorized
Nah, just gotta get a better skin for hidden.
Dexus
Mods don't make you better, playing more does. Mods however can be used as tools to help you forcibly improve in certain aspects but it will still entail you playing more.