forum

Lifting the pen too high?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Galagrawr
I recently got a tablet for my birthday, and I love it. I think i play pretty well with it, but my only problem is that I often lift my pen too high to the point where it doesn't get read.

Is it just a matter of practicing more with my tablet, or are there any little techniques that I can do to keep the pen in reading distance?

(Oh, and if there's a post like this already and I lazily skipped over it, please redirect me ;p)

Thanks!
uzzi
Just aren't used to it yet.
Vuelo Eluko

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Just aren't used to it yet.
yep

hold it closer rather than farther, you will often touch the tablet with the pen but that's totally alright and everyone does it,although it happens less as you practice. make sure mouse buttons are disabled and you're fine.
Topic Starter
Galagrawr
Ok, thanks! :D
winber1
or you can drag like those other little pussies
Bauxe

winber1 wrote:

fight me
NixXSkate
It seems like a lot of people lay their pinky on the tablet while playing to help keep a close distance from the tablet without dragging.
Oinari-sama

winber1 wrote:

lol

If you do decide to drag though, it might be a good idea to get a cheap phone/pad screen protector to prevent scratches.
Ichi

NixXSkate wrote:

It seems like a lot of people lay their pinky on the tablet while playing to help keep a close distance from the tablet without dragging.
At least seems like cookiezi did
sayonara_sekai
Took me like a day to stop lifting too high. I still go over the top edge by accident during really intense upward jumps though.

dont be afraid of touching the tablet slightly every now and then
Topic Starter
Galagrawr
Thanks for all of the advice, everyone! It helps me out a lot! :3
Gumpy
Had the same problem for awhile, but now it is okay.
beeboy123
I know I suck but I still have this problem after 8+ months.
Dexus
You could simply drag instead of fretting over how high you need to lift the pen. Some people just can't maintain hovering or it feels much too weird.