forum

A good program for recording osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
Fine, I used osu! record until now, but now i want to make video using my skin, and i´ve tried with many programs but it still lags so badly if even theyre replays.

My PC is of 2006 and it haves like 3 GB of RAM.

I´ve already tried with Dxtory and Open Broadcaster Software.

I don´t really care about quality, i only want the replay looking fluent.

Thanks!
Vuelo Eluko
torrent a cracked buy fraps

my pc has 2 gigs of ram and is from around the same era and has no issues with fraps. perhaps you need to close some stuff/run a virus scan/defrag or something if that lags.
dung eater
SCFH-DSF is good for capturing stuff and should be pretty lightweight. https://github.com/mosamosa/SCFH-DSF
beeboy123
OBS or Fraps.
Topic Starter
Frc
Ok, I have tried all the programs (no one worked well with my shitty PC D:), but thanks for the help.

A friend told me about Bandicam and it works perfectly, so i think the problem is solved.

And when i say perfectly it means it at least "works slightly fluent" because my PC can´t perform better.
Dexus
You can't try and get a new pc? 2006 is a really long time ago.

I recommended this build in another thread
MB: GA-F2A88XM-D3H ($69)

CPU: athlon x4 760k ($89)

GPU: XFX R7-260X-ZNJ4 ($109)

SSD: OCZ Vertex 450 128GB ($79)
[If you insist on space get ST1000DM003 for an additional ~$50]

RAM: HX316C10FBK2/8 ($74)

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX 430 watt ($44)

Case: SilverStone PS09B ($39)
[If you get this case it needs a 92mm exhaust fan, I recommend a Vantex TD9238H ($15) and also replace the front 120mm fan if you want with a Cougar CF-V12HPB ($14)]
Topic Starter
Frc

Dexus wrote:

[If you get this case it needs a 92mm exhaust fan, I recommend a Vantex TD9238H ($15) and also replace the front 120mm fan if you want with a Cougar CF-V12HPB ($14)]
Trust me, if i could change this PC, i would have done it years ago.
nrl
On the bright side, performance per dollar keeps increasing the longer you wait!
lolcubes

Dexus wrote:

Prices in Europe are ridiculously different compared to the U.S.
A 1000$ PC easily translates to 1000~1100€ if not more, sadly.
Vuelo Eluko
you dont need to spend even half that to get a pc over twice as powerful as a 2006 toaster
lolcubes
My point is, economy is way different here. For an average american person to spend 500$ on a PC is way different for an european person spending 500€, also you have to take the country's economy into account.

In my country, I earn about 550€ a month, and that is considered way above average here (average is abount 425€).

So, the point is, people just don't have cash for anything, even if it doesn't seem expensive to you. :D

edit:
For comparison, the above components (or closest equivalents) here:

SPOILER
Same motherboard - 70€
Athlon 740k (no 760 in stock since my country has only one supplier lol, unless I import) - 67.5€
Same GPU - 115.75€
Similar SSD (crucial m550, one of the cheaper 128gb here ) - 85€
RAM - kinda the same
Same PSU - 50€

Won't include case cause cases are stupid to get here, you either get a good one for 75€~ or you only get trash, so let's just say it's preference, or old case could be reused.

TOTAL:
About 450€. Without a case.

A pretty weak PC compared to today's standards (still an upgrade for people with really old machines), and it costs more than average monthly salary you would get here. That is, if you're even working, if not, just consider how much cash your parents would have to get just to get a toy machine... :D
Not that easy to get.
Vuelo Eluko
a pc is not a toy it is a useful tool and an investment like a car. sure you can play games on it you can also display your car but it doesn't make it a decoration.
Kobi_old_1

lolcubes wrote:

Dexus wrote:

Prices in Europe are ridiculously different compared to the U.S.
A 1000$ PC easily translates to 1000~1100€ if not more, sadly.
According to the current exchange rate, $1000 is equivalent to €744.74. The dollar has a very different value to the euro (or the pound for the matter) and both the latter have a higher value than the dollar. It's non-US prices that screw us over, not non-US currency.
Galagrawr
You could tune down OBS settings to make more compatible with your computer, maybe?

I haven't really used recording software on an older computer, so I don't really know the struggle ;P
Topic Starter
Frc

lolcubes wrote:

My point is, economy is way different here. For an average american person to spend 500$ on a PC is way different for an european person spending 500€, also you have to take the country's economy into account.

In my country, I earn about 550€ a month, and that is considered way above average here (average is abount 425€).

So, the point is, people just don't have cash for anything, even if it doesn't seem expensive to you. :D

edit:
For comparison, the above components (or closest equivalents) here:

SPOILER
Same motherboard - 70€
Athlon 740k (no 760 in stock since my country has only one supplier lol, unless I import) - 67.5€
Same GPU - 115.75€
Similar SSD (crucial m550, one of the cheaper 128gb here ) - 85€
RAM - kinda the same
Same PSU - 50€

Won't include case cause cases are stupid to get here, you either get a good one for 75€~ or you only get trash, so let's just say it's preference, or old case could be reused.

TOTAL:
About 450€. Without a case.

A pretty weak PC compared to today's standards (still an upgrade for people with really old machines), and it costs more than average monthly salary you would get here. That is, if you're even working, if not, just consider how much cash your parents would have to get just to get a toy machine... :D
Not that easy to get.
Here the minimal monthly salary is like 650€, but it isn´t enough to life here, at least you need like 1000 monthly for paying all the bills (water, home, etc...) and having enough for eating and (sometimes) something like a mouse, a headphones, etc...

And thinking about i´m 15 years old and getting 100€ is veeeeery hard for me is a decissive point.