forum

What anime did you finish watching recently?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mephilia
No Game No Life. ♥
Rio-
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?
No Game, No Life
neonat
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation
Kyno
baka to test...
wish it had more episodes :/
sesh
woduq414
Pretty Rhythm : Aurora Dream, And I'm watching Pretty Rhythm : Dear My Future!
Yonpachi_old
Natsume Yuujinchou: Itsuka Yuki no Hi ni
Now waiting for season 5....
Mogsy
Fractale.

Ambition completely weighed down by rushed execution to fit within the 11 episode constraint. It needed to be double the length to actually develop its cast and not feel overly preachy in the ideas it presents.
MoeMoeOrRiot
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

It was so awesome :3
Coeurbee

MoeMoeOrRiot wrote:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

It was so awesome :3
Full Metal Alchemist for me... and then I noticed it wasn't following the manga. So guess what I'm watching now ^^
Mogsy
Galilei Donna.

Wow, I defended the first few episodes but I finally got around to the whole thing. What a gigantic trainwreck.
Liiraye

Mogsworth wrote:

Galilei Donna.

Wow, I defended the first few episodes but I finally got around to the whole thing. What a gigantic trainwreck.
Mind elaborating? If you are correct on that statement you'll save me a lot of time because I watched ep 1 and put it on my to-watch list.
Fluxi

Liiraye wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Galilei Donna.

Mind elaborating? If you are correct on that statement you'll save me a lot of time because I watched ep 1 and put it on my to-watch list.

The ending isn't as spectacular as you would expect it to be if you looked at the beginning of the series and how well it started
Mogsy
Believe me, there are more problems than just the ending.

Liiraye wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Galilei Donna.

The entire first half of the show paints it as a slightly light-hearted affair. The characters outside of Hozuki never actually mattered, and then there's severe tonal whiplash interspersed throughout to try to add tension. Most obviously there are scenes where an entire village gets blown up and a hospital is massacred without any tonal warning. The plotting continues to try to loosely tie together these episodic adventures and it comes across as a mess of a generic adventure-across-the-world story. The last three episodes in particular add time travel into the mix, adding in an incestuous relationship potentially blossoming between our loli main character and her great-great-great(repeating) grandfather -- Galileo --, then culminating in the last episode with an entire trial that is rushed, makes tons of leaps in logic, and reveals tons of plot twists in the form of exposition and not foreshadowing these hints earlier on. The sisterly relationship is the only thing that I liked about this show in the end.

tl;dr: Unfocused on its characters outside of the loli, unfocused in its storytelling, tonal whiplash, and bonkers writing towards the end that isn't even entertainingly bad.
camille loves me
the last one I finished if I remeber correctly was Aoki hagane no arpeggio Ars nova
Mousse3
Hmh, the latest anime I finished must be Kids on the slope. I loved every minute of it, a slice of life that I enjoyed! (mostly I hate slice of lifes) Jazz and other awesome stuff!
Mogsy
Angel's Egg (Tenshi no Tamago).

Whoa. Talk about an amazing visual experience. Not a lot of dialogue or actual 'plot' of sort throughout the whole thing, everything taking place through symbolic visual action. I enjoyed this a lot, definitely a great and weird piece of art cinema. Easily my favourite thing from Mamoru Oshii that I've seen so far sorry I respect GitS more than I actually like it
Yuuki Asuna
Shakugan no Shana
Ceph23
Just finished Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara.
Wtf that show was all over the place :/
Tetsumine
Isshuukan Friends I think :/
[-kuroaki]
No Game No Life
Logograph
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: I actually thought it was very good, maybe even better than the first one until the end. What the hell? It felt like something of a bad fanfic wrote by a 15-year-old. Yeah, maybe the original 2003 series deviating from the manga halfway through wasn't a bad idea after all (hey, Arakawa herself didn't mind).

Gurren Lagann: I have something against works abruptly changing tone in their final episodes. Gurren Lagann is no exception, and it's probably why I never bothered watching the final four episodes (also uni constraints and some internships so I could save on some credit but I digress). Surprisingly, Gurren Lagann pulled it off neatly.

Sekirei: One of those shows I watched purely out of being a massive guilty pleasure. I had no idea how I even ran into it.
Shurelia
Mekaku City Actors and the result is So-so~

Nothing special from that anime.

Well, it's 2014 though~
B1rd
Jellyon.

it was going good till the last 3 episdoes, then just.. what the f*ck am I watching?!?
Kunieda
Free! Eternal Summer episode 5 (poor Nagisa )
HxH : The Last Mission ;w;
Hanayamata ep 1 (meh this beatmap brings me )
Mogsy

Kunieda wrote:

Free! Eternal Summer episode 5 (poor Nagisa )
HxH : The Last Mission ;w;
Hanayamata ep 1 (meh this beatmap brings me )
this is a thread meant for shows/movies you've recently completely finished

Ran through my blurays of The Devil is a Part-Timer (Hataraku Maou-sama). Still a great comedy with a meh ending.
Dj__Krazy
School days... That ending >.>
Logograph
Love Hina: I have no idea why people even liked this show. ._.

School Days: tvtropes said "Sensitive, idiocy-intolerant or squeamish viewers, beware!". Man, they were accurate as fuck on that second one. I hated every character so much a meteor could land and kill them all and it would have been a happy ending.
Hidden Symphony
HxH The Last Mission (Movie)

Compared to the Manga/Anime the film was on Naruto/Bleach/OP level... meh.
They messed up too much. :/

No Game No Life

Good series, style reminds me of Monogatari a bit.
Though the first ep. was disappointing.

Pale Cocoon OVA

Only 1 ep, rather boring.
But the topic was somewhat unique and interesting.
joi-
Ore no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai.

Was pretty ok.
Fluxi
Noragami - found it quite amusing and hooked me quite a bit
A Blind Puppy
Shinsekai Yori - I put this off for 2 years because I'm a huge idiot and apparently can't recognize anime I like. Top 5 favorite all time, absolutely nothing like it.
Starfall9908
Mirai Nikki.I watched the whole anime exept the last episode one year ago. And watched the last episode yesterday XD
woduq414
To aru majutsu no index 1
caowebunga
hataraku maou-sama 8-)
Ceph23
Just finished Selector Infected WIXOSS
Sooooooooooooooooooooo many damned twists damn

S2 hype!!!
GeeNX
Accel World, a bit disappointed with the last chapters
Sombres_old
Finished Mirai Nikki. It was interesting.
Bweh
Caught up to Jojo Part 5

It sure is fabulous as fuck
Jindujun93
Finished Higashi no Eden a few days ago, including the movies. Wasn't too bad, even though the movies could have been just a tiny bit better.
show more