forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
bmin11

Remco32 wrote:

Let's take the same heroes for the same tactic 4 times in a row, maybe it'll work out
druidxd
At the very least it was a China vs China bo5 final that didn't take 3 days to finish thanks to the push strat metagame
Te Amo
That was the absolute most shittiest grand finals i have seen in my life.
Nwolf
yay I didn't miss anything by not watching it

Was it really worse than last year?
Magicphoenix
:cry:

Nwolf wrote:

yay I didn't miss anything by not watching it

Was it really worse than last year?
viewer-wise, it was worse than all the years
dNextGen
konspiracy !!!

to sum it up :

AutoMedic
Ohgod the finals suck donkey balls

here goes our 2013 champion flying away in heaven
Pizzicato
AutoMedic

Pizzicato wrote:

Basically this

fuck you too Valve
Tshemmp
Uhh, what did Valve do wrong?
Nwolf
they invited 4 Chinese teams
Magicphoenix
Oh guys, stop being so angry about the chinese teams being the best in the world?
If you want fnatic or some other tier2 team win the tournament then go see ROCCAT Cup or GIGABYTE Masters or something, but TI4 is simply the best team wins
Nwolf
A team that is supposed to be the (second) best in what they are doing should not use the same tactic three times in a row and lose in under twenty minutes twice
AutoMedic

Nwolf wrote:

A team that is supposed to be the (second) best in what they are doing should not use the same tactic three times in a row and lose in under twenty minutes twice
"HEY GUYS LETS SAVE OUR STRATS FOR 2015 SO THAT WE CAN CRUSH THAT SHITTY NEWBEE TEAM THAT RIPPED OFF OUR NAME'
-Na'Vi
Tshemmp

Nwolf wrote:

But this second best team crushed DK, EG, C9 and basically everyone except Newbee, what do you want?
I agree they kinda played poorly in the finals but they are still the fucking second best team in the world right now. Put your western fanboyism down for a while and accept the fact that the chinese teams are superior at the moment.
Nwolf
I do like NB actually
GladiOol
they didn't crush EG or C9. DK had a terrible day. ViCi only had one strat and it was really embarassing to watch them fail like that in the finals.

also, na`vi is still saving strats. just wait next year.
Ceph23
Anybody know what's up with that techies in that All-star match?
I never got news about a techies being complete.
Nwolf
It was already confirmed long ago that Techies will be added after TI4 ends (valve time) when the secret goal was reached (6.4mil $)
Pizzicato
goodbye rat, hello techies
Remco32

Pizzicato wrote:

goodbye rat, hello techies
Too bad a Furion is mostly too poor to buy a gem
Pizzicato
the point is stopping the push not killing the rat
FappyBabes
PLAY LEAGUEEE
AutoMedic

prky wrote:

PLAY LEAGUEEE

1. This is a DOTA 2 THREAD
2. As for me, no. I quitted league since too much toxicity at rank
3. get out for the sake of this thread
NoHitter
Not sure if I want the Techie spam once he comes out. Now I have to invest in a pair of sentry wards early game.
Ceph23

Pizzicato wrote:

the point is stopping the push not killing the rat
Nobody can actually kill the rat really.
It is gone in the first sight of danger.
AutoMedic
report rtz for ruining techies
Chipmunk42

prky wrote:

PLAY LEAGUEEE
When the player base matures (thanks for informing me it's not time yet).
yeahyeahyeahhh
I went from 4850 to 4456 in 1 day.

Welp.
Magicphoenix
I generally stop playing after 1 loss.

Yet again, I take a break after almost every match
deadbeat
http://www.dotahattery.com/ so i just got shown this :<
Sey
After a longer break I started with Dota again.
I am still not high level, so pretty much in any game there's at least one leaver and a few flamer including no teamwork... Still I go through this in hope it might end when I get a higher level :(
Magicphoenix

Sey wrote:

After a longer break I started with Dota again.
I am still not high level, so pretty much in any game there's at least one leaver and a few flamer including no teamwork... Still I go through this in hope it might end when I get a higher level :(
i don't mean to disappoint you, but the teamwork generally doesn't get much better lol...

But well, in -cm mode I had to play with 4 people who were 1000 MMR lower than me and I guess it's kinda worse? But not by a big margin
The best method is still to get a high impact hero yourself if you want to reach a higher level/MMR. Those include Wraith King, DOOM, Zeus, Lich, Axe (if you can play him) or simply your favorite/best heroes (I should rephrase my sentece: The best method is to get a hero where you can easily make a high impact with, which are most probably your favorite heroes or really easy/simple strong heroes like Lich).
As a support, make sure to buy smoke. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people don't have much map awareness in early game, so smoke gang (maybe with a tp top if you're bot lane and vice versa // or simply going mid) can make a big difference.

When picking a hero, do make sure that your hero isn't immediately countered by the opponents though. I usually wait 'til the last second to pick my hero (not on 0:00 mark or you'll get lags and lose 5-10 gold) to ensure that I don't get countered.
OR I counter them myself. Most often with DOTABUFF.com lol. Just look who the opponent's core hero is. Go on DOTABUFF and look that hero up and see where his highest disadvantage is against.

I once picked safelane-Ursa just to counter Invoker-Ember-Void because I rememberd the advantage-disadvantage-stats and it worked wonders
Sey
Thanks a lot for these advices, I already tried Zeus and had a lot of fun with him, especially his Ultimate ability :)
I will buy smoke in my next game to see if it helps me^^
Nwolf
what is teamplay
Magicphoenix

Nwolf wrote:

what is teamplay
teamplay is when there's that 1 annoying fucker who tells you what to do and the rest shuts up and does what he says.
It's the most you can get out of pub matches anyway
yeahyeahyeahhh
From 4850 to 4456 back to 4720. Nature's Prophet spam is the key.
AutoMedic
Jesus finally got that long awaited 3k MMR

what do i expect in the 3k mmr gaiz
Ceph23

Sonatora wrote:

what do i expect in the 3k mmr gaiz
More shitty teammates and that occasional hothead.
Mofu kun
I have just started playing DOTA 2.

I also play LoL.

Any tips? Like beginner champions and builds that i could try using?
show more