forum

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

Dexus wrote:

Its like you read the first sentence and ignored the rest of what I wrote.
No, I did not ignore the rest of what you wrote.
I just didn't want to comment on it because I didn't want to. Also, it seems that actually you ignored what I wrote. Universal offset does not work for everybody, and I'm one of them. Only way for me is to manually set offset if needed.

Sure, some people might think hit error bar is annoying, but let's be honest, there is even an option to resize it, how hard can it be?

And all the lazy people, you're most likely just trashposting.
Honestly, you play low OD maps so even if the beat is off by 10ms, you are still easily in range to get a 300
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1

buny wrote:

Honestly, you play low OD maps so even if the beat is off by 10ms, you are still easily in range to get a 300
Yes, but it does not change the fact that I see the accuracy balance isn't very close to the ideal balance(middle).
Dexus
In my post I show you how to set the offset correctly though.
nooblet

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

buny wrote:

Yes, but it does not change the fact that I see the accuracy balance isn't very close to the ideal balance(middle).
Sorry, but judging from your page you're clearly an SS player but like he said, those are all low OD songs. Have you tried anything OD9, or even 10? A 300 can easily become a 100 or even 50 with high OD, so how do you cope with that? Maybe some will land in the 300 range, but sorry I still kinda doubt you have enough experience with accuracy to write a guide for others. Frankly, it's a bit misleading and only your own method.

No offence, and I may be wrong, but I kinda doubt you can tell the difference between 10ms yet while you're playing (not saying I can, but some of the people who have posted can easily tell 5ms). Actually 10ms shouldn't even make a difference on the maps you're submitting scores on. If you could tell, you wouldn't need to rely on the hit error bar this much; you would be able to hear that you're early or late. The bar is just there for confirmation or checking parts that might be timed wrong or have irregularities.

Try some OD 9+ on maps that are time well, and you'll realize offset won't always save you.
Vuelo Eluko
i can still get an A on an OD9 map with an offset of like +/- 20
it doesnt matter
get better accuracy

you guys are so hung up on offset do you play without hitsounds? turn them on and focus on them like you're supposed to anyway.
Dexus
OH you changed your name, I was wondering who the hell you were. I knew your shitposting was familiar. Why do you still get D ranks then?
Vuelo Eluko

Dexus wrote:

OH you changed your name, I was wondering who the hell you were. I knew your shitposting was familiar. Why do you still get D ranks then?
what does me getting D's have to do with anything I said? I know your posts well enough that you never actually read anything you try to reply to, but try a little harder.
Martell_old_1
Better get aim and speed
Dexus
it doesnt matter
get better accuracy
what does me getting D's have to do with anything I said?
Hypocrite
Vuelo Eluko
calling this thread "Getting Higher Accuracy" would be like making a thread called "Get Better Aim" where he tells you to buy a tablet and has a picture of cookiezi. It's a placebo as far as I see it and makes it seem like this is an alternative to practicing which is certainly the impression some people, especially new people wanting to get better are going to see it as. This is not what should be happening, this thread is not something that should be. Surely you can see that. Having everyone fiddling with their offset with a 200 unstable rate is pointless. It's like I've said, you're going to hit later or earlier in a song at different times for a variety of reasons. If the song is too fast you'll hit late if it's really slow or is hard to read, you're more likely to hit early. So just because the error meter is more on one side than the other doesn't indicate a mistimed song.

if someone can play fast maps and slow maps to absolute perfection and feel the difference 5 MS makes, they definitely know what offset is already and this thread is worthless to them. Nor would they even click bother clicking a thread titled "Getting Higher Accuracy" to get advice on it.

dont see what that has to do with me getting D's. At all. Unless getting a low A on OD9 makes me seem like im bragging but trust me i know its not bragworthy. i just brought it up because od9 seems like it would be quite affected by a +/- 20 offset but if you're listening to hitsound interval properly [i.e playing accurately] it really doesnt matter.

perhaps im doing it wrong if the offset doesnt change how i play. i remember setting my offset to like +60 once to fuck around in a multiplayer game with a friend on a really weird bad map to see what would happen and i forgot about it for a week and didnt even notice it and my accuracy pretty much didn't change that whole time.

maybe im doing it wrong. maybe thats not how you you're supposed to play by eye and hitsounds, maybe i should play with hidden and hitsounds turned off, because thats the only way I can see offset making such an impact on my accuracy.

i and everyone else who needs better accuracy, needs to play more. That's all there is to it.

this post was way too long but i needed to really put my 3 cents in.
f i z i k

Riince wrote:

perhaps im doing it wrong if the offset doesnt change how i play. i remember setting my offset to like +60 once to fuck around in a multiplayer game with a friend on a really weird bad map to see what would happen and i forgot about it for a week and didnt even notice it and my accuracy pretty much didn't change that whole time.
yeah dude,that just means you cant play accurate for shit. i played with an offset of 50 for 3 minutes and noticed i was completely off,because I somewhat have accuracy. honestly your shitposting is so god damn retarded,you literally whore for attention everywhere. your word your advice like you are one of the best players,even though you are,and my excuses to other players of similiar skill to you who arent dicks,shit. i am shit too by the way,yet i try to give advice from a different point,which is my own and not acting like a top 50 hdhr god (in this case). and after even trying,you had to include "i can get an A on this and that blabla" for whatever reason. as dexus said it:

Dexus wrote:

it doesnt matter
get better accuracy
what does me getting D's have to do with anything I said?
Hypocrite
now that im done ranting over you,here's some advice that is the best for getting better accuracy:
1. dont fumble around offset unless you know what the fuck you are doing (so unless you are lewa just leave it at 0 unless it's so terribly off that you might want to buy a new soundcard)
2. i cant find the exact response anymore but it was literally like this: feel like fucking shit if you hit a 100. feel terrible,try harder to get a 300 next time. learn how rhythm works,understand music. play high OD so you can even feel more like shit so it gets better faster. one day it will make click and you get better accuracy,now grind away and every day youll get better
Vuelo Eluko
what are you talking about dude? you seem to have completely misinterpreted what you quoted from me. I was like okay, alright, fair enough, and then after your first 2 lines of text nothing made sense anymore.

It seems you actually agree with me going by the second part of your post, but im seriously wondering what happened before that. I am not "one of the best players" by any measure, you maybe misread my rank. I'm simply saying offset doesn't have as much of an affect on accuracy for me, even if it's obscenely off. The claim of an A rank was to back up how it works for me. The point I was trying to make may have been badly demonstrated and overly exaggerated in the disconnect between accuracy and offset, but NOT for me. And the main fact i was trying to support is something you agreed with.

My acc is bad? Of course. So is anyones who would be looking for advice by clicking a thread titled as such. But offset is not going to help, and in my case, it doesn't really do much of anything.
f i z i k
I am trying to say you behave like you are on of the best players. It's god damn annoying to see you giving advice on things you aren't even doing well as if you are doing them well. Does that make it clear?
Vuelo Eluko

f i z i k wrote:

I am trying to say you behave like you are on of the best players. It's god damn annoying to see you giving advice on things you aren't even doing well as if you are doing them well. Does that make it clear?
that makes more sense, your original wording made it sounds quite to the contrary, but as you're german that's fine. Thanks for clarifying.

Apologies, now it's my turn to be more clear and hopefully less verbose [We can only hope!]. I'm coming from the perspective of someone with bad accuracy in reaction to a thread mislabeled "Getting Higher Accuracy". It's been stated before me that offset does not improve accuracy, to which examples such as "Well if you can feel 5ms or less difference". Okay, so? This thread mislabels information. Offset does nothing for me personally, and will do nothing for anyone else with bad accuracy.

And what I mean by that is, noone can be absolutely sure a song is mistimed unless they can accurately play hard to read, slow, and fast maps all at once and already have a double digit unstable rate. Or at least this is what posts in this thread have implied and I agree with it. Why do such players need to know how offset works? They already KNOW. Those people aren't looking for how to improve at accuracy in G&R. People with bad accuracy, like me, ARE. And this thread does nothing but give a placebo effect, as i've stated in the post i made before my previous one.

One thing I'll openly admit I was trying too hard to nail home the disconnect between accuracy and offset, but the principle is sound and contained in the paragraphs above.

I've no clue what you're trying to say with saying im trying to get attention, im just annoyed by the misrepresentation of valid information, is all. ich werde dich fressen, f i z i k
nrl

Riince wrote:

Apologies, now it's my turn to be more clear and hopefully less verbose
Then allow me to be more clear and less verbose on behalf of my fellow posters. If you're playing to the rhythm and using proper hitsounds, changing your universal offset makes a world of difference whether you realize it or not, end of story.
Vuelo Eluko
Okay. Well when I'm good enough to change my offset and can discern several milliseconds of timing difference to the song, and can play all manner of maps with low unstable rates.. Basically, when I have good accuracy, I'll be sure to come back to the thread to get advice on how to get good accuracy.. Wait what?

But by then who knows, maybe I'll understand how offset works, and maybe I'll figure out how to change my cursor size, access the editor, and look at local rankings too.

do you see it now? this thread doesn't offer new or interesting information to those who can use it properly, and can only serve to mislead those still learning to be accurate players. That is a BAD thing.
nrl
I never said this thread was useful to anyone, just that you don't know what you're talking about.
lolcubes

Riince wrote:

do you see it now? this thread doesn't offer new or interesting information to those who can use it properly, and can only serve to mislead those still learning to be accurate players. That is a BAD thing.
How is it misleading? You mean, the usage of local offsets is bad and makes the player bad? Why would it even exist then?

Riince wrote:

It's been stated before me that offset does not improve accuracy, to which examples such as "Well if you can feel 5ms or less difference".
Offset improves accuracy if set to fit your needs, be it "correct" or not. I don't consider myself a very accurate player (at least not anymore because I don't play this game for over a year now), but on almost all OD9+ maps I played, I used a local offset. Local offset is there to be used, and not to be ignored and "be a better player" without it.

Riince wrote:

And what I mean by that is, noone can be absolutely sure a song is mistimed unless they can accurately play hard to read, slow, and fast maps all at once and already have a double digit unstable rate.
There are these magical things called ears. People experienced in timing will notice it by ear, even if watching auto. You don't need insane playing abilities to be able to tell a map is wrongly timed.

Riince wrote:

And this thread does nothing but give a placebo effect, as i've stated in the post i made before my previous one.
Even if it is placebo, if you get higher accuracy, why not do it?
For example, in taiko world you have people who set their offset to like +65 (-65 UO) and mute their hitsounds, and they are getting crazy high accuracy and insane scores. Are they noobs because they are intentionally making the song off sync with the hitsounds (which are actually inaudible)?

If offset adjustments don't work for you, don't use them. Using offset adjustments without knowing what you're doing can yield worse scores, but if used right it can help you.

Also, going slightly OT a bit here, the reason older players have much better accuracy than new ones is not only the playcount or practice, it's the maps themselves. Today you mostly see maps with OD7 and 2:1 slider to hitcircle ratio. Your accuracy will always be bad if you play maps like that. Back in the days, you had maps which have 4:1 circle to slider ratio with high OD, and those are the good maps to play to train on(djpop or soulfear maps for example).
Vuelo Eluko
my issue was just that information may be getting misrepresented.
nrl

lolcubes wrote:

even if watching auto
Not to nitpick, but it would actually be easier to tell watching auto.
YukinoDesuDesu
Also, going slightly OT a bit here, the reason older players have much better accuracy than new ones is not only the playcount or practice, it's the maps themselves. Today you mostly see maps with OD7 and 2:1 slider to hitcircle ratio. Your accuracy will always be bad if you play maps like that. Back in the days, you had maps which have 4:1 circle to slider ratio with high OD, and those are the good maps to play to train on(djpop or soulfear maps for example).
djpop = god
popc0rn
hey op can you post a picture of your unstable rate so we can see how good your accuracy actually is
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1

nooblet wrote:

Sorry, but judging from your page you're clearly an SS player but like he said, those are all low OD songs. Have you tried anything OD9, or even 10? A 300 can easily become a 100 or even 50 with high OD, so how do you cope with that? Maybe some will land in the 300 range, but sorry I still kinda doubt you have enough experience with accuracy to write a guide for others. Frankly, it's a bit misleading and only your own method.

No offence, and I may be wrong, but I kinda doubt you can tell the difference between 10ms yet while you're playing (not saying I can, but some of the people who have posted can easily tell 5ms). Actually 10ms shouldn't even make a difference on the maps you're submitting scores on. If you could tell, you wouldn't need to rely on the hit error bar this much; you would be able to hear that you're early or late. The bar is just there for confirmation or checking parts that might be timed wrong or have irregularities.

Try some OD 9+ on maps that are time well, and you'll realize offset won't always save you.
I can tell difference by those tiny milliseconds, because it DOES matter.
And I don't really understand you, how is my method wrong if it's going to help one to correct the beatmap offset? The more correct, the more accurate. It's better than having it not correctly set and getting 100/50 on OD10.

Martell wrote:

Better get aim and speed
Actually accuracy is more important than them.

Riince wrote:

Dexus wrote:

what does me getting D's have to do with anything I said? I know your posts well enough that you never actually read anything you try to reply to, but try a little harder.
Well, Riince is right in this case. You're not an accurate player, how are you supposed to guide them on accuracy?

Riince wrote:

calling this thread "Getting Higher Accuracy" would be like making a thread called "Get Better Aim" where he tells you to buy a tablet and has a picture of cookiezi. It's a placebo as far as I see it and makes it seem like this is an alternative to practicing which is certainly the impression some people, especially new people wanting to get better are going to see it as. This is not what should be happening, this thread is not something that should be. Surely you can see that. Having everyone fiddling with their offset with a 200 unstable rate is pointless. It's like I've said, you're going to hit later or earlier in a song at different times for a variety of reasons. If the song is too fast you'll hit late if it's really slow or is hard to read, you're more likely to hit early. So just because the error meter is more on one side than the other doesn't indicate a mistimed song.

if someone can play fast maps and slow maps to absolute perfection and feel the difference 5 MS makes, they definitely know what offset is already and this thread is worthless to them. Nor would they even click bother clicking a thread titled "Getting Higher Accuracy" to get advice on it.

dont see what that has to do with me getting D's. At all. Unless getting a low A on OD9 makes me seem like im bragging but trust me i know its not bragworthy. i just brought it up because od9 seems like it would be quite affected by a +/- 20 offset but if you're listening to hitsound interval properly [i.e playing accurately] it really doesnt matter.

maybe im doing it wrong. maybe thats not how you you're supposed to play by eye and hitsounds, maybe i should play with hidden and hitsounds turned off, because thats the only way I can see offset making such an impact on my accuracy.

i and everyone else who needs better accuracy, needs to play more. That's all there is to it.

this post was way too long but i needed to really put my 3 cents in.
You really don't get it.
It doesn't HAVE to be mistimed song, it can also be keyboard latency and/or other factors. And I see no reference in concept of this thread comparing to getting better aim by getting a tablet. Really, what are you talking about? Do you even understand it yourself?

Just because it might not be effective to YOU doesn't mean it won't to anybody. I'm not talking about hitting a bit early on certain sections, I'm talking about hitting early on whole song, that's when you should adjust offset, and the reason doesn't have to be mistimed song at all.

nedia wrote:

hey op can you post a picture of your unstable rate so we can see how good your accuracy actually is

OD 7 map;
As you can see, it's only slightly slightly off the middle, and it doesn't really need more adjustment, I was already having -15ms offset.
That offset works for me, and if it doesn't work for "a certain person" here doesn't mean it mislead players.
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1
Not sure how to delete post
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1
can't delete post
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1
combined them into 1 post but still don't know how to delete post
GoldenWolf
Quadra ki-- post.
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1
GoldenWolf
nvm he got the penta

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

OD 7 map
hey this is actually fairly meh lol, like very common, not something I'd expect from someone who can hear innacuracies to the millisecond :^)
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1

GoldenWolf wrote:

nvm he got the penta

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

OD 7 map
hey this is actually fairly meh lol, like very common, not something I'd expect from someone who can hear innacuracies to the millisecond :^)
I'm not one of the top players at accuracy but I can say that I'm far more accurate than many players
GoldenWolf
You're getting SSes on OD6 + HR on very easy maps, meh, it doesn't mean anything really.
If you could pull that accuracy on actual hard map they maybe people would listen to you, but right now you're mostly looking very cocky about that "accuracy" of yours
nrl

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

Speed becomes irrelevant once you have enough for the map in question. Aim becomes irrelevant when you FC the map. Accuracy doesn't become relevant until both of those conditions are true. It is in no way more important than either aim or speed.

As for your own accuracy, you still haven't proven that you have any. I'll grant you that most of osu!'s player base isn't sitting at 100%, but remember that most of osu!'s playerbase is terrible at osu!. SSing a bunch of OD6 hards is a non-achievement.
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Kousaka Tenshi wrote:

Speed becomes irrelevant once you have enough for the map in question. Aim becomes irrelevant when you FC the map. Accuracy doesn't become relevant until both of those conditions are true. It is in no way more important than either aim or speed.

As for your own accuracy, you still haven't proven that you have any. I'll grant you that most of osu!'s player base isn't sitting at 100%, but remember that most of osu!'s playerbase is terrible at osu!. SSing a bunch of OD6 hards is a non-achievement.
OD9

Offset -10
nrl
Still doesn't mean anything unless the maps themselves are difficult.
GhostFrog
When someone requested you post a picture of your "unstable rate", they meant the number that the game shows you if you hover over your health graph after a play. Preferably a map with a minimum of 200-300 hitobjects, since having too few hitobjects makes low unstable rate more likely.
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1
Really are you to blame me for giving tips that people actually can use the offset system to correct their accuracy concentration point as close to the middle as possible?

Tips doesn't equal guide.

Now, stop getting angry over me because I say I think I have good accuracy compared to many other players.
nrl
I'm not angry at all, I just think you should understand how low on the totem pole you are before you get a big head.
Vuelo Eluko
id rather get low acc on hard maps than 100% on easy ones
always
GhostFrog
I don't see anyone in this thread getting as angry at you as you're getting at them, Kousaka. If it's so insulting to you to have people say that your accuracy isn't as good as you think it is, then prove them wrong - play a real map (do it offline if you're afraid of losing your 100% with your l33t accuracy skillz) and post your unstable rate.

I actually do use local offset a lot and it certainly helps on maps where either the notes aren't timed to the beat or are timed differently than you expect, but if I were to post a thread saying "hey guys, I've got good accuracy, my trick is to use the local offset and you should all do it too!", I would expect the same reaction you got because it's arrogant as heck for someone who's yet to prove they have any special skills to act as though they're better than other players.
Topic Starter
Moeri_old_1
But right now it feels more like you and some are just saying negative things about changing offset and that it's never going to help unless song is mistimed, and that is an invalid argument. And it was not me who bragged about who have good accuracy first, and I don't want to. But you seem to always look down on me just because my top scores are Hard/Normal records with 100% accuracy.
show more