forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zaros
Oooooh I see, I was thinking about some.. uh.. other.. stupid things... ;_;
i'll try it now - thanks.

edit: it seems fine. edited a few different lines to make sure.
bem13
Hungarian fully translated.

TicClick wrote:

that you can open Localisation folder, edit an appropriate translation file to whatever you want to test and then make it read only to prevent osu! from rewriting it with fresh online copy. Then you select the language, translation of which you need to test, and.. test?
Thanks. I'll make use of this in the future.
bem13
I'd like to see screenshots of where the following strings are used:

JumpToDialog_Title
JumpToDialog_Showing
JumpToDialog_LimitReached

Thanks in advance!
XPJ38
I guess the first one matches what I highlighted on the screenshot but I can't find the other ones.
It would be nice if we could translate what's in the Jump To window and the "Jump To window" tooltip btw. And the tooltips of the audio player buttons too!

Marcin
Jump To... is getting reworked, basically getting rid of window form, more TBA.
bem13
Thanks, XPJ38! I see it's been removed in the meantime.

Looking forward to it Marcin :D
Topic Starter
peppy
Nyquill's work, not marcin. coming soon!
- Marco -
Translated the new lines ;)
Howl

marcostudios wrote:

Translated the new lines ;)
u ninja
- Nyurin -
just finished translating items of Traditional Chinese in 'game' page.
but I've found that some items (like the menu shows up when you click on someone's id) aren't there,
can't they be translated like others?
MillhioreF
If an item does not show up in the translation list, it isn't translatable yet. New strings are added fairly frequently, so check back every so often!
jeross
Just finished the last missing danish translations :D
Topic Starter
peppy
Thanks to whoever went over all the traditional chinese localisations. Looks like you did a good job cleaning things up.
Howl
Translated the new string in italian, and fixing some errors that marcostudios made.
XPJ38
There are many "\n" in the new BSS lines. Are they necessary or can we replace them by actual line breaks?
Topic Starter
peppy
Please replace with actual line breaks. Not sure how this happened.
- Nyurin -
hello ppy,
could you add items of user menu (buttons show up when clicking on user panel) and the description of !help?
most UI elements are translated except those so I hope they could be added in the doc too.
Thanks.
ludacha_DELETED
I'm working on rechecking and rewriting quite a number of Croatian translations.
- Nyurin -
Hi, I've changed zh-CHT from 中文(繁體) to 中文(正體).

Actually it's more like a rectification, since 繁體 means 'Complicated' in Chinese, 繁體中文 is actually a negative name.
If you wish to say Traditional Chinese in Chinese in a more proper way, I'd recommend to use "正體中文" (or 中文(正體) ).

I am not sure if changing that makes the in-game language setting goes wrong, so... just mentioning it.

If you wish it to stay the former way, feel free to undo this change.
Topic Starter
peppy
Sounds fine to me.
wmfchris
Sounds odd to me, as a Hong Kong player.

It has been known as 繁體 for Hong Kong and Macau and 正體 is the Taiwan term.

I believe that 繁體 is generally known in both area, while the other term is less recognized.

I prefer using 繁體.

Check the localization in wikipedia:

There are five different versions. Here is the translation in order:

1) Simplified Chinese for mainland China

2) Traditional Chinese (繁體) for Hong Kong.

3) Traditional Chinese (繁體) for Macau.

4) Simplified Chinese for Singapore and Malaysia.

5) Traditional Chinese (正體) for Taiwan.
Scorpiour
actually "繁體" does not refer to "Complicated" but "Unsimplified", opposite to "Simplified" directly with no additional meaning.

plus, i think wmf's suggestion is the most exact way to distinguish them.
Oinari-sama
I've restored it back to "繁體" as it is a more recognised term.

If anyone feel that there's a need to change it to "正體" please feel free to discuss.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi

ludacha wrote:

I'm working on rechecking and rewriting quite a number of Croatian translations.
Cool, thanks. I checked them all a few times after translating, but there is never too much caution, so yeah.
Anyway, thank you. It's great(and a relief honestly), to know that I'm not the only one doing this.
Pannari
Fixed some entries in finnish a few days ago.
- Nyurin -
uhh I see ;w; I had mistaken "繁體" as Complicated since the word "繁" was negative on my opinion.
But now, as other Chinese users explained, I think it's okay to use "繁體" too.
Sorry for the trouble!
Bara-
Did EVERYTHING in Dutch what wasn't translated (around 100 lines) in the Faq area from around 50-60% to 100% :D
Dutch is 100% done now :D
ludacha_DELETED

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

ludacha wrote:

Cool, thanks. I checked them all a few times after translating, but there is never too much caution, so yeah.
Anyway, thank you. It's great(and a relief honestly), to know that I'm not the only one doing this.
No problem, I enjoy doing this!

Edit: It's 2 am at the moment and I've just finished translating Croatian to 100%. I'm off to bed now, could you review it sometime and, of course, change what's needed?
Post Scriptum: One thing caught my eye. The language name was "Hrvatska" and not "Hrvatski". The former translates to "Croatia" whilst the latter translates to "Croatian". Huge typo in the language name itself. I've mostly corrected grammar mistakes (s/sa, k/ka, kad/kada, č/ć, ije/je, ne+glagol, inverzije, glasovne promjene etc.) and shifted everything into 2nd person plural (ti -> vi) in order to make it consistent and formal (in a good way). I also rewrote a decent amount of the translations in order to get rid of anglicisms and use more suitable, Croatian words.
Cheers.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi

Edit: It's 2 am at the moment and I've just finished translating Croatian to 100%. I'm off to bed now, could you review it sometime and, of course, change what's needed?
Post Scriptum: One thing caught my eye. The language name was "Hrvatska" and not "Hrvatski". The former translates to "Croatia" whilst the latter translates to "Croatian". Huge typo in the language name itself. I've mostly corrected grammar mistakes (s/sa, k/ka, kad/kada, č/ć, ije/je, ne+glagol, inverzije, glasovne promjene etc.) and shifted everything into 2nd person plural (ti -> vi) in order to make it consistent and formal (in a good way). I also rewrote a decent amount of the translations in order to get rid of anglicisms and use more suitable, Croatian words.
Cheers.
I reviewed it and made small, very minor changes. Nothing big. I also made a few notes so you can check them if you want. Very nice job, my biggest promblem was finding the most suitable words for some of the phrases. You seem to have broader expressing skills and you very well hit the spot where I somewhat failed or made a wrong decision.
ludacha_DELETED

Cheers.
I reviewed it and made small, very minor changes. Nothing big. I also made a few notes so you can check them if you want. Very nice job, my biggest promblem was finding the most suitable words for some of the phrases. You seem to have broader expressing skills and you very well hit the spot where I somewhat failed or made a wrong decision.
Thanks, I have made a change or two and responded to some of your notes. So as of now this is pretty much complete?
Meikyuuiri Tsumi

ludacha wrote:

Cheers.
Thanks, I have made a change or two and responded to some of your notes. So as of now this is pretty much complete?
Seems that way, yes.
bem13
Hungarian is at 100% again.
Arnold0
Why there is two blue rows in french translation ?
I speak about this :

Also back at 100% (But the two blue rows empty) but can't check how the rows from 832 to 841 looks in game as they doesn't seem to be in fr.txt

@XPJ j'ai fait du 832 au 841 mais comme je suis pas doué vaut peut être mieux que tu vérifie que j'ai pas fait n'importe quoi.
Topic Starter
peppy
I reset these as the english changed. They will be visible in future test builds.
XPJ38
Is Options_LoggedInAs necessary as Options_LoggedIn already exists? (line 83)

@Arnold : merci, j'ai corrigé 2-3 trucs.
Arnold0
I don't know what happened but the text that was on row 16 should have been on row 34, and row 34 was empty. The fr.txt was fine so it's weird. I fixed it.
Was it like that because someone changed it or was it a bug ?
MillhioreF
Probably someone vandalizing the document. Change it back if you notice an anomaly like that (since it WILL break localization updates).
Topic Starter
peppy
i check all updates before they go live, but wouldn't mind others checking too :).
bem13
There are quite a few new strings, in case fellow translators hadn't noticed :)
Denko
Added 180 translations; finished Croatian.
show more