forum

How do you alternate spaced circles?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aush
I mean this pattern:

It's just a regular circles, but as I decided to start learning alternating (even after very little time of practice I already see how good it works at jumps) I've met a problem. When I singletap this pattern, I clearly sepate them, but when I alternate I just cannot get rid of the feeling that I stream. I've already played more to read streams as sliders with additional beat and it works for me, but I'm not sure if I should play this patternt the same way but slowly or practice to read it as series of separate circles.

How do you read this pattern while alternating?
Kaeru
It really depends on how fast they are. If the song is fast and I can't comfortably snap to each circle I just sweep my cursor over the circles as if they were a slider and alternate to the rhythm of the music. If they are slow enough that I can single tap them then I will simply snap to each circle instead.
Martell_old_1
Play Count: 6,345
Lgndzr
If you're looking for some magical voodoo tricks then I'm afraid to say that there's none. Full alternating just takes time to get used to.
Just play relatively slow maps with those kind of patterns and you'll get more used to it. Check out ztrot's maps, he has pretty much maps with good flows on 'em.

And as for your another question, I usually read the pattern as a whole but snap each circle individually.
Topic Starter
aush

Lgndzr wrote:

If you're looking for some magical voodoo tricks then I'm afraid to say that there's none.
Did I ask for some magical voodoo tricks? I asked the way to practice this pattern from the experienced alternating players' point of view.

Lgndzr wrote:

And as for your another question, I usually read the pattern as a whole but snap each circle individually.
Thanks.
-Soba-
When you get used to alternating, you can snap the same as anyone single tapping
buny
idk, practice maybe
Yauxo
You should probably see both fingers as individual singletaps, this is how I handle it. If you think of them as one unit, you'll think about streaming.

(and to practice that, you can play slower songs where you can singletap everything multiple times, first time with K1 and the second time with K2)
Blueprint
You practice it I suppose for me I try to single them, If I can't sustain it I alternate the end of it and continue the rhythm or end up mashing because I'm to slow https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1829290 you get better at when you do it alot anyhows
nrl
It's somewhere between a stream and a single tap for me. As streams get more and more spaced I start "snapping" more and more, starting with simply tracing the stream more closely and working all the way up to straight snapping. I wouldn't really say I have a method, it's just a behavior I've picked up over time from alternating.
winber1
fap more
Rewben2
I don't. I kind of just cry and then quit playing the map.
Aqo

aush wrote:

How do you alternate spaced circles?
I click on one circle with one finger, then click on the next circle with the other finger, then on the next circle with the first finger again, and keep repeating this until I've clicked all of them.
nooblet

winber1 wrote:

fap more
b-but I thought fapping was for stamina, are you saying fapping will increase both stamina AND aim? Woah, better get fappin'.