REDALiCE - FLOWER REDALiCE Remix

posted
Total Posts
show more
Leader

onotoleonide wrote:

so wheres da rank
here

Fixed artist and a couple of whistles, let's give this map a try.
Secretpipe
Finally :D
vipto
That mAp diffname doesnt make any sense but ok
Aurele
the artist/title doesn't make sense, to be honest.

>REDALiCE >remixed by REDALiCE
bmin11
Congrats, Jenny!
Topic Starter
Jenny
Yes, it's awfully stupid, but it's >>official SDVX<< like that
jesse1412
If you guys ever rank a "pro" map again please contact me so that I can make it not give the players cancer first. I'm not a modder but I can tell you when a map is on the level of cancer jokes, and trust me that's a level of joke I rarely stoop to.
Soarezi
those sliders are cool.. well that's about it
Charles445
Unranking over issues with the mAp difficulty after playtesting and discussion with the team.

If there are circle stream jumps, they need to be done very carefully, especially with this high an OD.

01:04:832 (1,2,3,4) - This stream jump from 4 to 5 is larger than the other ones and doesn't flow as well. Flipping 1,2,3,4 horizontally and putting it back makes this pattern play much better. -> http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1613273
01:39:082 (8,1,2,3,4,1) - These jagged circle stream jumps don't play very well. It's a huge difficulty jump and is quite unfair. The individual circlestreamjumps worked, but the jagged jumping of these does not.
01:40:499 (1,2,3,4,1) - These have the same issue, but are worse because of 01:40:832 (1,2) - , where the jaggedness stops and the player has to continue moving in that direction.
01:41:832 (1,2,3,4) - Again, same issue as the first.
01:44:499 (1,2,3,4,1) - This pattern implies movement in a circle, but because it's mapped with circles, causes a painful pentagon shape.
01:45:832 (1,2,3,4) - From my personal tests these seem to work better because they are less jagged, but these are better avoided.
01:48:166 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This one is the big kicker, constant downward movement but forces significant left and right movement in a jagged motion. Arguably the most frustrating / doesn't play well portion.
01:50:082 (1,1) - Hugging circles with spinners makes it extremely hard to see the approach circles.
01:52:749 (1,1) - Again, hugging the spinner but with more objects stacked after.
01:55:416 (1,1) - Same as the previous with two objects stacked.
01:58:082 (1,1) - Same.

More modding should also be done to make sure the gameplay is suitable.
Chewin
>last ranked beatmap *clicks*
>not ranked

xD Good luck on rerank Jenny
Topic Starter
Jenny
This is the only form of compromise I see for the "jagged circle jumps" as I insist on keeping it true to the song; smoothening the motion does not go with the entire shift of tone in the wooshes, so there's that. Spacing is obviously increased since it's way less angle-heavy like this and would not deliver anywhere the same level of pressure otherwise.

Also, BSS is being a teenage girl again.
Saturnalize
Meanwhile https://osu.ppy.sh/s/155288 http://puu.sh/99TEZ/5ed40009f2.jpg http://puu.sh/99TGq/f637022e68.jpg http://puu.sh/99TMK/8812035d3b.jpg

Despite I can't play mAp but I just implies that things are getting unfair between BATs, I'm afraid.

I'm not here to compare, so here my star and please rerank.

p.s. : mApairmotion's second kiai looks more passable (since it takes more time to re-positioning, and that's a big yes), and yes less jagged is needed for mAp (but it's up to you). Imho at least something like this or with a very little bit jagged

and BSS has been revert from a teenage girl
Avena

Saturnalize wrote:

Meanwhile https://osu.ppy.sh/s/155288 http://puu.sh/99TEZ/5ed40009f2.jpg http://puu.sh/99TGq/f637022e68.jpg http://puu.sh/99TMK/8812035d3b.jpg

Despite I can't play mAp but I just implies that things are getting unfair between BATs, I'm afraid.

I'm not here to compare, so here my star and please rerank.

p.s. : mApairmotion's second kiai looks more passable (since it takes more time to re-positioning, and that's a big yes), and yes less jagged is needed for mAp (but it's up to you). Imho at least something like this or with a very little bit jagged

and BSS has been revert from a teenage girl
I can understand your point about Insane Techniques, but the BPM there is much lower, Meaning that it's easier to do these quick movements and HanzeR is more liked overall
lolcubes
Gave mAp a play after not playing for a long time.
Can actually live with the jumps more or less, but I have to note that the slider velocity is too high in the final diff, that or the normal stream spacing is too low.
This hurts the general pacing overall if you ask me.

00:29:499 (4,5,6,7) - This was slightly disappointing because it stands out in the music, while in the map it only has dynamic spacing, jumps expected.

00:35:499 (1,2,3,4) - I actually couldn't read this at all, the change of rhythm would suggest a more dynamic spacing and positioning compared to the rest in my opinion. For example, because of your linear flow, you would expect distance snap change more or less, but if you change the direction above the slider that just ended, it actually highlights the notes better, and then just keep using *similar* spacing for most if not all of them.

00:46:166 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - These felt like awkward antijumps, not that they are actual antijumps. Bigger spacing recommended.

00:48:166 (1) - While I can see this fitting the music, the gameplay is just a pain. You don't need such an extreme spacing to express this if you ask me. Keep it a jump, but not that far.

00:49:832 (1,2,1) - Where is the stream? :c

00:51:332 (6,1) - Plays better reversed.

01:02:166 (1,2,3) - Just highlighting these because these are done right in my opinion. Jump is almost always better than an antijump for rhythm like this, when gameplay is concerned.

01:24:999 (2) - This slider makes no sense compared to the music, just do the same like at 01:24:499 (2,3,1) - but with different position/shape

01:26:999 (4) - People still doing this? Whatever.

01:33:082 (2,2) - This is incredibly awkward because you are intentionally leaving out the music. I'd understand if they were repeaters but this is just meh.

01:37:666 (1,2) - I can see what you are trying to do here, but since you're already following the "dropout", why stop midway to map something that's best left unmapped? I like the slow though, but i find the scratchy thingy more important here.

01:39:166 - Other streamy jumps were understandable though, except for these zigzags, they are just awful to play. Sure, it's intended to be hard, but the map is already very complex, no need to ruin more gameplay in favor of difficulty. Especially cause 01:45:832 (1,2,3,4) - are not zigzags and with AR9 this is actually a pain to read as well.

01:48:749 (8) - This is actually VERY flow breaking. For mouse at least. Should reposition somewhere to the right and a bit up from the previous note

01:50:082 (1) - and all other spinners are too long. Sure, they are trying to follow the music as much as possible (but still not enough), but the approach circles from the old spinner skin (yeah i use old) just make thhis incredibly awkward to read. Either make it shorter or remove the circle afterwards. Especially at 01:59:166 (1,2) - , incredibly awful to read.

Just opinions, take it as you will.

Also, dat mp3 quality.

:p
Topic Starter
Jenny

lolcubes wrote:

00:29:499 (4,5,6,7) - This was slightly disappointing because it stands out in the music, while in the map it only has dynamic spacing, jumps expected.

00:35:499 (1,2,3,4) - I actually couldn't read this at all, the change of rhythm would suggest a more dynamic spacing and positioning compared to the rest in my opinion. For example, because of your linear flow, you would expect distance snap change more or less, but if you change the direction above the slider that just ended, it actually highlights the notes better, and then just keep using *similar* spacing for most if not all of them.

00:49:832 (1,2,1) - Where is the stream? :c

01:33:082 (2,2) - This is incredibly awkward because you are intentionally leaving out the music. I'd understand if they were repeaters but this is just meh.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

00:46:166 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - These felt like awkward antijumps, not that they are actual antijumps. Bigger spacing recommended. | I found it to feature the acceleration that's following much better like this; a consistent/bigger snap would kinda reduce the whole thing to just "same movement speed, just more clicks", which is not fitting with what we got here

00:48:166 (1) - While I can see this fitting the music, the gameplay is just a pain. You don't need such an extreme spacing to express this if you ask me. Keep it a jump, but not that far. | It's less distance than the slider-to-slider jumps before and since this is slider-to-circle, it's not much less lenient to begin with, so while it looks like more due to "more" distance between the objects (-> no sliderbody on 1), it's effectively less spacing, just up in the corner, which I find very suiting to express what is going on here which also is the purpose of it; I don't see "this is too hard" sort of things as an argument for this difficulty level since I made sure to cater to as much of an audience as possible with the compromise of making 7 diffs already

00:51:332 (6,1) - Plays better reversed. | if I reversed these, I'd break the starpattern which is fairly distinguishable in the song - five strong sounds belonging with another, followed by an independant closing beat. again, I know and acknowledge that this is a very big jump, but that's how it goes with the song and I am not willing to break my treatment for these things on a peak-level difficulty.

01:24:999 (2) - This slider makes no sense compared to the music, just do the same like at 01:24:499 (2,3,1) - but with different position/shape | I always used the circle-1/1 slider combos in combination with the background "vocals", and I thought this was rather apparent by now? I'm not going by the wooshing for any of the "vocal" parts to begin with, these are reserved for other sections with more pressure to them.

01:26:999 (4) - People still doing this? Whatever. | doing what..? and since when am I "people" >:

01:37:666 (1,2) - I can see what you are trying to do here, but since you're already following the "dropout", why stop midway to map something that's best left unmapped? I like the slow though, but i find the scratchy thingy more important here. | I find the scratchy-flickering noise to fade into the background at around where 1 is, so that's why I decided to change focus to the woosh on 2; sure, 1 is technically "not there", but it still comes - and sounds - very much in line with the song and map which is why I put it, plus, 2 enhances the entire section contrast going into the kiai by a fair amount due to both the SV change aswell as the drum hitsound (which is unique in the map), so that's my reasoning behind this.

01:39:166 - Other streamy jumps were understandable though, except for these zigzags, they are just awful to play. Sure, it's intended to be hard, but the map is already very complex, no need to ruin more gameplay in favor of difficulty. Especially cause 01:45:832 (1,2,3,4) - are not zigzags and with AR9 this is actually a pain to read as well. | again, I'm going for emphasis and fitting with the song and its SFX in here more than "playing comfort" or "consistent difficulty"; as a peak difficulty level in a big set like this, I'd expect that to be reasonable enough? I mean, like, there's plenty other diffs if people have problems with this one, and it does make sense with the music, which is what it's supposed to do.

01:48:749 (8) - This is actually VERY flow breaking. For mouse at least. Should reposition somewhere to the right and a bit up from the previous note | and that's exactly what it's supposed to be: it's a very stuttery ending of the climax section of this song (and map), so it's only natural to emphasize this the best way possible, and for me, I found this way of doing it as just that. you could hit me up in PM/with a few screenshotted ideas if you will, but I do not see this being anywhere against the song as-is; rather, I find it to pretty much do it's job perfectly :v

01:50:082 (1) - and all other spinners are too long. Sure, they are trying to follow the music as much as possible (but still not enough), but the approach circles from the old spinner skin (yeah i use old) just make thhis incredibly awkward to read. Either make it shorter or remove the circle afterwards. Especially at 01:59:166 (1,2) - , incredibly awful to read. | I'm going to give a very unpopular response to the "hard to read" here: I do deem reading a skill, and while I'm seing that you're doing this with old-default skin, it's not part of the criteria anymore and just about noone uses it to begin with. Yes, it's hard, but that's what comes with going with the song in this case, and that is my goal and what I think should be people's highest priority - again, this is a peak diff in a very big mapset, and it's not to be expected to be played or passed by everyone.
lolcubes

Jenny wrote:

01:50:082 (1) - and all other spinners are too long. Sure, they are trying to follow the music as much as possible (but still not enough), but the approach circles from the old spinner skin (yeah i use old) just make thhis incredibly awkward to read. Either make it shorter or remove the circle afterwards. Especially at 01:59:166 (1,2) - , incredibly awful to read. | I'm going to give a very unpopular response to the "hard to read" here: I do deem reading a skill, and while I'm seing that you're doing this with old-default skin, it's not part of the criteria anymore and just about noone uses it to begin with. Yes, it's hard, but that's what comes with going with the song in this case, and that is my goal and what I think should be people's highest priority - again, this is a peak diff in a very big mapset, and it's not to be expected to be played or passed by everyone.
While reading is a skill, the way a spinner works shouldn't get distorted so much in my opinion.
You have freedom ofcourse, and I will not judge you, but I want you to understand why I think this is a terrible idea.

Spinners create a beat at the end, which you silenced, and extended it so it's very easy to believe it will actually fall onto the downbeat. This a design flaw, a pretty big one, because that's essentially the same as manipulating sliders beyond their capabilities (except the spinners are allowed to be manipulated with).
I don't believe there is anything in the music that would try to cheat you, the music is pretty straightforward and quite easy to predict, this is exactly the opposite of what the song is, at that spot.

Jenny wrote:

01:26:999 (4) - People still doing this? Whatever. | doing what..? and since when am I "people" >:
I meant extending sliders for no real purpose except to make people hold their key longer. Luckily, it doesn't impair gameplay, but I will always complain about that. :p
Topic Starter
Jenny
Update (mAp): AR oset to 9.4, minor slider improvements.
Kiiwa
Just curious; the .mp3 volume seems really low, maybe even a little muffled, is it just me? :?
Was a little disappointed by the hitsounds in some sections, such as: 01:02:832 to 01:07:499

Love this song and the mAp looks great lol
good luck Jenny :3
Secretpipe
Why it isn't re ranked yet ? D:
Topic Starter
Jenny
Zzzz..
Neptune
I do not like this mapset.

In fact, for me - as an average player - I find mAp a terror to play, not challenging and not fun to play AT ALL. I'd rather see this mapset without mAp at all and the MP3 is horrible as well.
Avena

Neptune wrote:

the MP3 is horrible as well.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Thank you for your valuable and unique input - make of that what you will.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Low
few suggestions for mAp
unrank it LOL :V
13:38 Low: 01:48:166 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) -
13:38 Jenny: ..reminds me of how people tell another to "just ignore it if you don't like it but it's technically alright" with every bad map
13:38 Low: http://prntscr.com/49uao0
13:38 Low: this is a lot better
13:38 Low: feels more natural
13:39 Jenny: need to keep green-1 where it is
13:39 Low: i think sacrificing the placing of green-1 is worth it for this
13:40 Low: 01:49:749 - why isn't there a note here, it makes more sense and follows the distance spacing
13:40 Low: 01:52:416 - same thing
13:41 Low: 01:55:082 (8,9) - you even did it here lol
13:42 Low: 01:59:332 (2) - you should delete this circle. it's kinda off-putting and the end of the map would sound better if it wasn't there
13:42 Low: that's it.
13:43 Low: this map is no grounds for an unrank
blaterwolf
the mp3 is...

Priti wrote:

Neptune wrote:

the MP3 is horrible as well.
Oh Nevermind :( xD
quiz-chan_DELETED
Well yeah, the mp3 sure is quiet. About quality, hmm, we can go on arguing.

... it is quiet though, yeah.
Dyufu
The mp3 is starting later than the note placement
Topic Starter
Jenny
No it isn't - read the map description and reDL.
Dyufu

Jenny wrote:

No it isn't - read the map description and reDL.
ahah. >.> my bad
jesse1412
[mAp]

00:01:129 (5,6) - Make these a slider, it's very strange right now. It's not just the jump, it's the notes following as well.
00:01:463 (1,2) - If you're feeling kind make these a slider too but I think the first slider will help with this a lot already.
00:02:463 (5,6) - I would personally like to see another slider here with the same reason as the first one because it still feels very awkward.
00:02:629 (6,1) - Same sort of thing again.
00:03:296 (3,1) - And again...
Alternatively for all of this use spacing that isn't totally counter intuitive. Currently the longer the time between notes the shorter the jumps? This makes no sense and just confuses the player. Normally it's acceptable with standard beats BUT this rhythm isn't standard PLUS it's the start of the map and people don't have a rhythm already in their heads.
00:35:296 (3,4) - Make this jump smaller.
00:49:129 (1,2,3,4,1) - This stream is NOT nice to go into and it's shaped in a way that is just wrong as to where the player would want it to be. If you really must have a spaced stream there I recommend you make it VERY intuitive to the player because it seems random as fuck right now. It can be as spaced as you like as long as the start of the stream is obvious. At the moment it seems very random and unexpected and because of this it makes it insanely hard for the player to judge whether it's 1/4 or 1/3 and also makes it incredibly hard to hit without knowing it prior and memorizing it.
01:04:379 (4,5) - This jump seems a tad over done compared to the other 1/4 jumps. Possibly make it smaller.
01:13:463 (5) - The indent between 01:13:963 and 01:14:213 is really awkward to follow, I'd recommend making it flatter or something along those lines (potentially make it go further down and not backwards so much, the issue is mainly that the slider tick is at the bottom of the curve right now so either make the player follow it down or move the tick to somewhere the player would prefer to go). Cool slider though apart from that kink.
01:36:129 (1) - SV here shouldn't be this high it's unexpected as fuck. I don't think it should be increased like that until the actual speed up at 01:37:463
01:45:129 (1,2,3,4,1) - This stream NEVER seems to work, all the other ones seem to work once in a while but this one is broken. I'd recommend fully changing it AND changing these into 2 slider 01:45:463 (1,2,3,4) . By making them slider the stream should in itself be more readable because players can concentrate on it rather than the jumps after.
01:47:463 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Same as previous stream but I think this could be fixed by turning those doubled after it into 1/4 sliders. If I were to be honest here I would want to leave these streams with as much comfort as possible and one way to achieve that is to make 01:48:129 (1,2) a slider and then possibly use more of those sliders for the first set of doubles. If you do however want to keep the doubles because you want us to suffer then make them go in the other direction (anti clockwise order, not clockwise) because right now the overlap is killer.
01:53:129 (1,2,1) - Space this stack out, it's pretty insane to read at the moment and you could make some cool jumps out of it.

This map could be nice but there are a lot of issues with the map. I really would recommend helping the player read your map a little easier, making a map that's hard to play is fun; making a map that's annoying to play just takes away from the experience imo. This is a rather modest mod because I'm aware you don't want to change the map too much, please take that into account.

[Another]

00:00:130 (1,2) - Make these into a slider, HD players will hate you for this and this difficulty shouldn't be as harsh on the player. Not only that but again it's a weird rhythm with no prior beats to be judged on, give the player a little something to start off with. If you won't add a slider, make 00:00:130 (1,2,3) a lot more spaced.
00:01:463 (1,2,3) - ^
00:15:463 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - I would personally like to see this flipped horizontally. It currently seems like it could be a 1/4 jump because it's close to a slider end plus that would seem easier to go into but this is a nit pick point.
00:34:629 (4,1) - If you could make this a 1/2 slider that would be just dandy, it'd make the rhythm known for 00:35:963 (5,1) too and sort any reading issues.
00:49:463 (1,2,3,4,5) - Maybe make this pattern bigger and grander (especially 00:49:463 (1,2) it's easy to mistake as a 1/2 ).
01:36:129 (1) - Same SV issue as mAp. It's unexpected, use a lower SV for this slider.

I really like how the 1/4 stream jumps are handled in this diffi, seems to work perfectly.
Ajo Joestar
okay... so...
Zare
Good job on unranking this THREE months ago and leaving it rot like that
It's now unrankable due to Konami taking down all IIDX songs
Tokiiwa
This isn't from the IIDX series though so technically it should be rankable still?
Zare
Original song has been used in IIDX iirc so I'd assume it applies to this version too.
Tokiiwa
FLOWER is from jubeat knit APPEND/reflec beat iirc, this remix shows up on SDVX.
although the original did show up in IIDX though so you have a point there
Topic Starter
Jenny
Not sure whether it's really affected.. for all I know and heard, I think YOSHITAKA, REDALiCE, Ryu* and kors k are commisioned artists for the bemani games instead of staff that works under exactly their label and copyright.. depends on whether they actually give copyright or just permission to konami in these cases; we'll see, I guess <_<
TicClick
if I were you, I'd reach REDALiCE and ask directly whether Konami has rights on this
you'll likely receive no response, but still worth a try

there's also no responce to 1412's mod
Topic Starter
Jenny
Mod was replied to on IRC.

zzz (lots of interpersonal rant, too)
2014-08-28 20:44 Jenny: 00:49:129 (1,2,3,4,1) - I find the angle is very much needed here for the entire finishing aspect and focus
2014-08-28 20:45 jesus1412: this?
2014-08-28 20:45 jesus1412: ACTION is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/302817 REDALiCE - FLOWER REDALiCE Remix]
2014-08-28 20:45 Jenny: 00:49:129 (1,3,1) - you have strong accents here; blue 1 is because new soundpattern, 3 is the peak point of the stream, red 1 is another snap into a new pattern
2014-08-28 20:45 jesus1412: well at least make it clearer if you can
2014-08-28 20:46 Jenny: clearer?
2014-08-28 20:46 Jenny: I find it very clear that it's a stream and all that :V
2014-08-28 20:46 Jenny: a) AR gives you tons of time to read, "readability" is not a concern in a peakdiff of this size of a set
2014-08-28 20:46 jesus1412: it doesn't read much like 1/4 when you play it
2014-08-28 20:46 Jenny: b) ears
2014-08-28 20:47 jesus1412: if I use my ears I hear another 3 beeps comin'
2014-08-28 20:47 Jenny: I can make it >a bit< less brutal
2014-08-28 20:47 jesus1412: feel free not to change it, I'm just telling you how the pattern appears to players
2014-08-28 20:47 Jenny: >a bit<<
2014-08-28 20:47 Jenny: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1977103
2014-08-28 20:47 jesus1412: I mean it's your choice if you want to rework it
2014-08-28 20:47 Jenny: which is basically slightly smoothened and -0.08x spacing per note
2014-08-28 20:48 jesus1412: I don't really mind if it's the most brutal pattern on earth as long as I can tell it's 1/4 and fair game
2014-08-28 20:48 jesus1412: the drum role doesn't really speed up before that
2014-08-28 20:49 jesus1412: which is why it's kinda weird but it does do what the song does
2014-08-28 20:49 jesus1412: to the player it's unexpected
2014-08-28 20:49 jesus1412: even those who know the song well probably don't follow the back beat that closely
2014-08-28 20:50 jesus1412: maybe making these jumps bigger 00:48:129 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -
2014-08-28 20:50 jesus1412: and making the jump 00:48:963 (3,1) smaller
2014-08-28 20:50 jesus1412: whoops
2014-08-28 20:50 jesus1412: 00:48:963 (3,1) -
2014-08-28 20:50 Jenny: they're the same size zzz
2014-08-28 20:51 Jenny: 00:48:463 (3,1) - = 00:48:963 (3,1) -
2014-08-28 20:51 jesus1412: I know
2014-08-28 20:51 jesus1412: but it might make it clearer
2014-08-28 20:51 jesus1412: just make the entire section bigger
2014-08-28 20:51 Jenny: <_<
2014-08-28 20:51 jesus1412: so that it's more obvious that those are a spaced stream not 1/2 jumps or 1/3 or anything shady
2014-08-28 20:52 jesus1412: the only issue I have with that stream
2014-08-28 20:52 jesus1412: is it's just never expected
2014-08-28 20:52 jesus1412: when I get to the stream I'm already ready to press another jump
2014-08-28 20:52 jesus1412: not a 1/4 stream
2014-08-28 20:52 jesus1412: that's what my intention is with changes to this section
2014-08-28 20:52 jesus1412: making it clearer that it is a 1/4 stream
2014-08-28 20:53 jesus1412: by making this smaller you give the player more time to understand what's happening if you follow 00:48:963 (3,1) -
2014-08-28 20:54 jesus1412: or at least, it instantly tells them something different is happening
2014-08-28 20:54 jesus1412: it's not just another 3 notes
2014-08-28 20:54 jesus1412: the distance has changed
2014-08-28 20:55 Jenny: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1977134 that better with you
2014-08-28 20:55 Jenny: also has green3-blue1 as less of a snap but more linear, at least opticwise
2014-08-28 20:56 jesus1412: sure looks fair
2014-08-28 20:56 Jenny: "If you do however want to keep the doubles because you want us to suffer then make them go in the other direction (anti clockwise order, not clockwise) because right now the overlap is killer."
2014-08-28 20:56 Jenny: dude
2014-08-28 20:56 Jenny: you guys
2014-08-28 20:56 Jenny: don't even have hitbursts or colors
2014-08-28 20:57 Jenny: how can you >ever< have >any< issues with >anything< regarding reading
2014-08-28 20:57 Jenny: specifically >this<
2014-08-28 20:57 jesus1412: hmm lemme look
2014-08-28 20:57 Jenny: [https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1977140 like really, this isn't anywhere hidden]
2014-08-28 20:57 Jenny: and my skin is told to be fucking "unreadable"
2014-08-28 20:58 jesus1412: ahh right
2014-08-28 20:58 jesus1412: let me explain this
2014-08-28 20:58 Jenny: [https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1977143 clear as day]
2014-08-28 20:58 jesus1412: the overlapping here is no problem normally
2014-08-28 20:59 jesus1412: but you forget the panic from that previous stream
2014-08-28 20:59 Jenny: [https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1977144 like even this is super fucking obvious]
2014-08-28 21:00 jesus1412: like I said the issue is more that it's in the direction that the player's eyes have left
2014-08-28 21:00 jesus1412: after that stream the last thing they want is to be looking back at it
2014-08-28 21:00 jesus1412: see the issues in this map aren't individual patterns usually
2014-08-28 21:01 jesus1412: it's how the interact with previous patterns
2014-08-28 21:01 Jenny: That's usually how you get difficulty in sudden songs
2014-08-28 21:01 Jenny: which is entirely what SDVX versions are based on
2014-08-28 21:02 Jenny: instead of permanent consistency for the sake of it and popularity
2014-08-28 21:02 Jenny: :V
2014-08-28 21:02 Jenny: I'm keeping those :V
2014-08-28 21:02 Jenny: actually I haven't had any of the peoples I asked to test have problems with that whatsoever
2014-08-28 21:02 jesus1412: idk I think it'd be fairer just to put them going in the opposite direction
2014-08-28 21:02 jesus1412: would that hurt? just wondering
2014-08-28 21:02 jesus1412: like
2014-08-28 21:02 Jenny: you mean clockwise
2014-08-28 21:02 jesus1412: 01:49:046 (8,9) -
2014-08-28 21:03 jesus1412: that would be the first double
2014-08-28 21:03 Jenny: yes would hurt
2014-08-28 21:03 jesus1412: 01:48:796 (6,7) - 2nd
2014-08-28 21:03 jesus1412: etc
2014-08-28 21:03 jesus1412: really?
2014-08-28 21:03 jesus1412: it's circular anyway going into the centre
2014-08-28 21:03 Jenny: because then the movement indicates it's the same direction and motion in song
2014-08-28 21:03 Jenny: rather than the huge clash it has between those jitterstreams and the actual melody that coems back afterwards
2014-08-28 21:03 Jenny: you miss the entire backsnapping part of it that forces the pressure and focus there
2014-08-28 21:04 Jenny: obviously players will snap to it anyway because they don't give no shit and it's easier to play objects one by one, but I don't map for that mindset.
2014-08-28 21:04 jesus1412: imo you don't get the direction change feeling if it isn't a harsh snap
2014-08-28 21:04 jesus1412: alternatively
2014-08-28 21:05 jesus1412: how about flipping that stream and changing direction?
2014-08-28 21:05 jesus1412: 01:47:463 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - flip horizontally
2014-08-28 21:05 jesus1412: move it back to it's place but flipped
2014-08-28 21:05 Jenny: "00:00:130 (1,2) - Make these into a slider, HD players will hate you for this and this difficulty shouldn't be as harsh on the player. Not only that but again it's a weird rhythm with no prior beats to be judged on, give the player a little something to start off with. If you won't add a slider, make 00:00:130 (1,2,3) a lot more spaced." what kind of reasoning is this even
2014-08-28 21:05 jesus1412: and THEN change the direction of the doubles
2014-08-28 21:05 Jenny: that's just saying FIRST should be unranked because the spinner was superhard on HR- oh wait.
2014-08-28 21:06 Jenny: like*
2014-08-28 21:06 jesus1412: wot
2014-08-28 21:06 Jenny: and when did Another and Insane become "Easy Farmfest Come Get Your Free PP"
2014-08-28 21:07 jesus1412: but spinners are spinners
2014-08-28 21:12 jesus1412: idno if you get what I mean
2014-08-28 21:13 jesus1412: the section is unclear as hell
2014-08-28 21:13 jesus1412: sepcifically these 00:01:129 (5,6) -
2014-08-28 21:13 Jenny: I updated.
2014-08-28 21:13 jesus1412: alright
2014-08-28 21:13 Jenny: also jesus
2014-08-28 21:13 Jenny: you guy's skins look ugly as fuck.
2014-08-28 21:13 Jenny: :V:V
2014-08-28 21:13 jesus1412: heh
2014-08-28 21:13 jesus1412: I like mine
2014-08-28 21:13 jesus1412: it's the simplest of them
2014-08-28 21:14 Jenny: also all the hitsound mutilation.
2014-08-28 21:14 Jenny: I WANNA CLICK CIRCLES WH OCARES ABOUT HOW IT SOUNDS OR LOOKS WTF ONLY CIRCLES IS WAHT MATTERS IN ALL THE GAME IM PROFESSIONAL POTENCYPOINT FARM
2014-08-28 21:14 Jenny: :V:V
2014-08-28 21:14 Jenny: is pretty much how it feels to me
2014-08-28 21:17 Jenny: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1977190 like, why >:
2014-08-28 21:17 Jenny: so much disrespect
2014-08-28 21:20 Jenny: :V:V
2014-08-28 21:20 Jenny: I don't know, do people just not consider it
2014-08-28 21:21 jesus1412: not in the slightest
2014-08-28 21:21 jesus1412: we just want to play
2014-08-28 21:21 jesus1412: soz heh
2014-08-28 21:21 jesus1412: and it plays a lot better

On another note, I did send a tweet to both kors k and REDALiCE and it'd greatly increase the chance of a reply to have more people jump on it and follow up.

Their twitters are @REDALiCE and @S2TB_korsk, if you want to do so independantly.
yeahyeahyeahhh

TicClick wrote:

if I were you, I'd reach REDALiCE and ask directly whether Konami has rights on this
you'll likely receive no response, but still worth a try

there's also no responce to 1412's mod
I mean Sound Voltex is a Konami game, why wouldn't they have rights? of course they do
show more