forum

Invade-Pro (osu! | Taiko | Catch the Beat)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter

Welcome!

Description
Some quick glance of the skin.

Not long ago my friend onotoleonide showed me his customized mix-up skin to me and I feel like it is a great idea to have a skin without combo numbers yet combined with a bright clear followpoint lines. Somehow for me it is easier to play and to aim with this method, as no combonumbers seemingly leads to a less distraction. So I proceed to make my similar-but-different version of his skin and decided to personalize it here and there, and the result is this skin, Invade-Pro. I've took several attempts in making my own version before and this is the final openly public version.

So, here it is. Enjoy the skin just like I enjoyed making this skin.
Have a good time.

Details
All you need to know about this skin.

1. Skin Creator: <span style='color:#0080FF'>inverness</span>
  2. Skin type: Plus niceties (novelty-tier) | Limited niceties (usual-tier) | Less niceties (pro-tier)
  3. Skin style behaviour: Old version | New version (skin versioning 2.3)
  1. Supported modes: osu! Standard | Taiko | CatchTheBeat | osu!mania
  2. High definition support: Yes | No
  3. Map editor support: Yes | No
  4. Custom hitsounds: Yes (Taiko only) | UI-related only | No
  5. Preferred resolution: Widescreen, max 1280x800
  6. Preferred settings:
    1. Comboburst
    2. Hit lightings
    3. Menu snow
    4. Thumbnails
    5. Always show key overlay
    6. Always use skin cursor
    7. Use default skin for mapping
    8. Disable snaking sliders
Important notes:

1. Each modes have it's own skin to minimize conflicts on blank elements and to perceive own unique colour set.
  2. osu! Standard notes
    1. Relies reading and aiming on the appearance of each notes, paths through followpoints, and approach circles. Unless you are playing on a map in which all notes are new combos, you should be fine.
    2. Combocolours are hardcoded to cyan colour. Default combocolours are visible on approach circles (ignore beatmap skin disabled) and hit lightings.
    3. Enable hit lightings! Without it, the only indicator of successful note click attempt (300's) is the hitsound.
    4. If there's any custom skin present in a beatmap, turn on ignore beatmap skin to avoid slidertrack or sliderborder colour override. If not, play normally. In some cases you might actually need to see the default combocolours on the approach circles.
    5. Most of unecessary gameplay elements have been removed for less distractions and nuisance in playing (such as 300 hitbursts, pass/fail sections, spinner notif, applauses and go's, and so on) just like other pro skins did. Complete list of removed elements (blanks) below.
    6. Spinner is using old style skinning.
    7. TOTALLY unsupported for other game modes currently. You have been warned.
    8. If anyone thinks that the spinnercircle is somehow incompatible with their directions of spinning (current spinnercircle is designed for counterclockwise spinning/left spin) I can make flipped spinnercircle on demand.
  3. Taiko notes
    1. No flower bloom.
  4. Catch The Beat notes
    1. Fruits (in this case, imma call them marbles) are not variated (unified shape without any variations)
    2. Best played with game interfaces off (Shift+Tab)

Changelogs
Useful for tracking down changes, no shit.

August 24
  1. Cursortrail shortened due to popular demand.
  2. New mode select images.
  3. Perfect gameplay renders graph to green now.
  4. [CtB] Standardized volume bgs.
  5. [Taiko] Recoloured taiko slider pass & fail sprite.
  6. [Taiko] New taiko bar.
  7. [Taiko] Make taiko hitcircles more opaque.
  8. [Taiko] Included standardized approachcircle for proper hitarea bordering.

August 13
  1. Taiko mode is now supported!

August 12
  1. Catch the Beat mode is now supported!
  2. Slight tweaks on std comboburst.
  3. Recolored Catch the Beat mode select element.

August 9
  1. Readjusted every small ranking letters to fit perfectly with song selection buttons.
  2. Sliderfollowcircles are now blank.

July 14
  1. Updated ranking panel
  2. Somehow fixed small ranking letters.
  3. hit50 and hit100 are now blank. Uses hitparticles to indicate 100's and 50's
  4. New playmode-select sprites.
  5. Fixed selection-options.png

July 4
  1. Fixed selection-options.png

Screenshots
What you've been waiting for since.

Latest updated: August 24

Remember that each mode has it's own colour set! Make sure to check it out!

Gameplay-related

Gameplay (osu! Standard)
Outdated screenshots (changes are only recent gameplay does not have any sliderfollowcircle, that's all)

UI related

Credits
Those who deserved to be listed in making of this skin.

List
  1. onotoleonide for main idea and core elements.
  2. Xiao and his skin Nexus Slate for scorebar inspiration.
  3. Inori for spinner inspiration.
  4. [cocoa] for the hitbursts in taiko (slightly edited)
  5. Niko for the cursor and cursortrail.
  6. Template skinners (probably peppy, RBRat3, Daru, and others I might forgot) for, you know, everything.
  7. Lot others that I might be forgot to mention.

Fonts used: Century Gothic | Futura Bold

Download link
The thing you've REALLY been waiting for so long.

osu! Standard | Taiko | Catch the Beat
Size: ~2mb each
Latest updated: August 24

Mirror download: FTP (provided by chong601, thanks a lot!)
Latest updated: August 13

Extras
People always looking for addons.

More to come!

Reviews
Aiming for satisfactory from the consumers.

"dAng son im proud"
-onotoleonide

"wow nice o_o"
-Tear

"Great skin :3"
-XinCrin

"favorite skin so far"
-DarkAngelBeat

"11/10, despite the feeling of naked sliders and circles in std mode and the 420 Yuzu in CtB mode, the playability is pretty good B)"
-Shirayuki

"wow this is pretty awesome lol"
-Zare

"really fun skin"
-Shiro

"THIS SKIN WOW AMAZING 10/10 IGN"
-BronyAngelo

"a quote"
-The

Thanks for coming!

Enjoy!
[cocoa]_old

LOL

anyway the small letter "FC" not aligned or scaled properly with 1360x768 screen could you fix this pls.
Topic Starter

[cocoa] wrote:

anyway the small letter "FC" not aligned or scaled properly with 1360x768 screen could you fix this pls.
The ranking letter positioning on song selection panel is broken atm (since thumbnails update), it is broken with all ranking letters. Can't do anything atm because positioning in ranking panels are fine (if I move anything around there might be conflicts either in ranking panel or song selection panel).
[cocoa]_old
ow almost forgot.....
wrong text
qqroo
pls make hdver :o
10nya
slidernya ngetroll awkkwa
XinCrin

inverness wrote:

[cocoa] wrote:

The ranking letter positioning on song selection panel is broken atm (since thumbnails update), it is broken with all ranking letters. Can't do anything atm because positioning in ranking panels are fine (if I move anything around there might be conflicts either in ranking panel or song selection panel).
Use Version: 2.1 in your skin.ini could be a solution . Anyways , great skin :3
[cocoa]_old

XinCrin wrote:

Use Version: 2.1 in your skin.ini could be a solution . Anyways , great skin :3
i tried all version included "Version: latest" but no clue :cry:
Haskorion
There is a set distance between the panel/edge and beatmap information, it doesn't get adjusted if your small letters are wider.
Kyouren
Troll skin~

Like this skins!

So, Bubble 1#
Suikami
ily inverness
tfw baru nyadar hitcircleoverlay nya kosong (gak pake trik hitcircleoverlay-0) ``
Mase
-
Aka
wow once i used the same menu-back exactly in this colour
DarkAngelBeat
favorite skin so far
Tazkiz
8/10 cursor trail too long
Topic Starter
Updatedy
New ranking panel and mode select (I strongly hope I could skin other modes aswell soon)
also some bugfix here and there
also damn newpag
Topic Starter
Another update (also thread drowning prevention)
not doublepost
Shirayuki
11/10, despite the feeling of naked sliders and circles in std mode and the 420 Yuzu in CtB mode, the playability is pretty good B)
Topic Starter
Taiko and Catch the Beat mode is now supported!
Please refer to first post on details and technicals.
Inori

inverness wrote:

Inori for spinner inspiration.
:)

Anyways, really nice skin, I'll test it once I'm home from school.
quaternary
Wow, this is beautiful ! I especially love the design of the ranking panel. And of course the sliders are very creative.

My only complaint is that it looks naked without hit lighting due to the lack of hit300s, and with hit lighting, streams look very cluttered. Then again skin mixing can solve that :P
nrl
Cursor trail is way too long, hitbursts aren't noticeable enough or clean enough (particle hitbursts are kind of nasty anyway), and those hitsounds...

It's a good skin otherwise, both playable and pretty. 6/10
Topic Starter

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

those hitsounds...
?
nrl
You don't have any. That's the problem with the hitsounds.
Topic Starter
That is not a problem, really, more like preference. I prefer not to add any custom hitsounds to avoid conflicts with other maps that had custom hitsounds aswell, and because I love the default hitsound set.
sinkip
ey skrub l0rd dis sken is bery.. BERY guD111!!!´)))
yu did a grate j0b on doin g dis skihn yez (dis is a rebiew so put in rebiew thred plx 8D)
lol ur a pr0 invernez, tho that menu-back i seen somejuwer. DID YU STEEL SKEEN ASSEITZ AGEIN
i tuld u not to u fkn scrublord *spanks ur face*
dol wit et 8)
Moeri_old_1
Nice, but I was looking for the download link for latest version (13 Aug 2014) but it said "Updated 12 Aug 2014" so I'm not sure if I will download before you fix it :o
nice skin
Topic Starter
Sorry, my bad, the latest updated string was left unupdated, download links are already updated to latest version.
MidoriTetsuya
This is actually a very cool skin!
I loved the spinner :) Everything is very clear
Topic Starter
Updatedy with fixed issues on taiko mode
more details check changelogs!
alecA
Hi I just wanna ask something. I'm making my own skin similar to yours but when a hit circle number goes 10 or over, the hit circle doubles. Do you know how to fix this?
Topic Starter
finally a visitor!!!!!!!!!!111

On your skin.ini, use HitCircleOverlap: 256 and make sure that your default-(number).pngs are all 256x256.
show more