forum

Smite

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soulclenz
Hm. I just read the patch notes they just added, and can say I'm quite pleased with them. Since I play mostly assassin role, I feel my impact in the mid-late game will be more noticeable. Really glad to see that Tyr got some nerfs, along with warriors in general.

I wonder how Janus will play out. He seems extremely useful but I shudder at the idea of someone bad playing him and putting portals in the worst of spots.
Vulf
People will just go back to guardians like Ares and Ymir who can be really problematic for Assassins with their great CC. Difference is you won't die to them, but you probably won't kill them either unless you are like super mega fed.
- L A U R A -
Yeah I hope so. Athena 4 ever :D You is Rawkstar! And ward skins are so expensive but i still want them :)

IDK how to counterbuild, but to counter Hide of the Nemean Lion you have to get lifesteal and pen right?
Tried it out and it worked (Passive: Reflects 20% of all basic attack damage back to the attacker as magical damage). It also gives 80 Phys protection... and is cheap :(

Below is the match, it worked. But I kinda always beaded her stun and stunned her back, which was effective because her buff from the 3 ran out.

And first master is Peyan, Joust league. 171 wins and 18 losses (how to have no life). Conquest hasn't got a master :/
Vulf
Hide of the Nemean Lion is primarily used to counter physical attackers so yes life steal is the best option for you (the attacker) to counter the reflect damage. Health and MR help too.
- L A U R A -
Hide feels like the best counter as physical vs a physical basic attacker. Got it once as Freya in a 1v1, he got magical dev and the bonus damage from it got useless...
Still, this item is not balanced for joust league... like people litteraly rush it when I play Kali. But since the last changes lifesteal got way better compared to Rage, and Devos gloves are more affordable so Hide looses its purpose. It still is good due too 80 phys protections and 300 health or something like that...
Vulf
That's still very cost effective for the stats it gives and for that price not even including the passive.
Honestly I think a lot of the tank items in this game are way too good which was why I was kinda surprised they nerfed almost all the penetration items.
- L A U R A -

I have no words for this.

Also, when you play 1v1 and get asked if you like Game of Thrones answer no if you like it. Next message I got was: Spoilers or gg. Report for spoilers.
Matchmaking is just gg, Smite is the 19th most played game for pc counted by raptr, no excuses with small playerbase. When I get matched against HalfDevil at 2 am, ok. But jousting against people with 500 more elo and 2 leagues above me is just pointless. Why did they even make Joust ranked q.q
Vulf
Pre-30 maybe?

I didn't even know there was a long/short lane until someone pointed it out when I was like level 10.

Bigger games like dota 2 and LoL's MM can be just as horrid. Going to have to just deal with it.
- L A U R A -
I understand that MM is hard with 5 players per team. But in a 1v1... and since you can see the elo on player profiles and you see 2.4k elo and 400 wins at some of my opponents :/

Why is high mobility stuff so much fun? played a lot of Athena, Mercury and Neith lately. Athena solo is so much fun, you can ult the mid always when midharpies are up and get free exp without loosing exp in lane :D Also won a 3v1 with Neith because weave triple stun and under leveled enemy support and jungler. Agni is also quite fun. Almost got the 1000 games mark :D Played too much lately

There will be a new Xbalanque skin, with a recolor included (kinda like Redstar and Winter Olympian). Even if I don't like football, the ultimate is awesome! Darkest of nights in green just looks cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9OAHqsT5UU you get both skins + the ward skin for 600 gems i heard which is a pretty nice deal.
Vulf
You can get Zeus + Almighty Zeus skin and some steam games for $1 from the humble bundle right now.
Really good deal seeing as the skin is 400 gems in game.

https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3
- L A U R A -
I wish I would have my credit card in one piece to pay the humble bumble :/ gotta get a new one soon.
Vulf
I use paypal for all the humble bundles.
If I would have saw your post sooner I would have given you a key since I bought a bunch for friends. I think they were all claimed on facebook already. lol

I played a game that was a 4v5 and all the people on the enemy team was level 30 while everyone on my team was in a range from 5-24. Game somehow went to 65 minutes probably because they couldn't push against our comp (we had 3 mages, an assassin and a hunter). Enemy team threw because we caught 3 of them in a very bad position and killed them and pushed an won since they had like an 80 second death timer. LOL

In the end we didn't deserve to win that game because everyone was raging at each other, but apparently the Fenrir on the other team was pretty freakin toxic as well but w/e.

B> better match making pls.
- L A U R A -
I dont' have pay pal :x haha that would have been nice^^ i don't play zeus anyway and my actually played steam game is only civ 5. The Skin sales are damn cool, and Ra murica is kinda awesome. It even was on the /r/gaming frontpage a time. They could do so much with a vp for this skin. The next god looks like a damn awesome hunter (Rama).

Well... Matchmaking OP. They said they'll look over the queues and change matchmaking. Idk why they removed elo from the profile pages or the order in ranked, but according to HiRez employees they look over the issues... But in ranked, it's sometimes on purpose that you get matched with higher tiers. You'll get a ninja promotion after according to your skilllevel (Got ninja promoted from Bronze to Gold 1, dafuq). At least I don't have to stomp Sprint Meditation players anymore...

But sometimes I feed my brain out... because reasons. And chase Lokis in Joust while my titan is attacked by fire minions. It isn't on purpose and doesn't depend on my enemies. Or loose solo lane vs Arachne. RIP Stats. My Scoreboard is either Red or Green, nothing between.
Vulf
These patch notes. lol
New Fenrir skin and Fenrir buffs!
New items.

That 20 extra AD on his Howl is huge for the mid game.
Soulclenz
I'm really bad at upgrading my actives, like 99% of my games are just rank 1 active item. I should put a sticky note on my monitor or something to remind me when I'm playing.
- L A U R A -

Soulclenz wrote:

I'm really bad at upgrading my actives, like 99% of my games are just rank 1 active item. I should put a sticky note on my monitor or something to remind me when I'm playing.
I never had this problem, except forgetting HoG3 as support lol. Mine is more like getting them to early. This is bad if you realize later that another one is more important or would fit more. And the skins... what will happen with my spare gems q.q Now they just need to buff Arachne and give Chang'e something other in her kit then an ultimate.

They will add flag icons, they named the Swedish icon Norway. Not seen a Swiss one but I'm neutral about it Kappa.
Vulf
There has been a few games where I left the HoG at rank 2 because of the CD difference which is huge for split pushing. I split push a lot in this game. I only really get WoG if FG and Fury are heavily contested which isn't often in my games.

My second active is always something depending how the game is. I really like protected recall and shielded teleport when I split push. I really like Aegis amulet because I can initiate fights with that because people immediately blow their CC on you when you jump into them and Fenrir is way too squishy (even with tank items) to build beads for the same effect warriors get.
Soulclenz

Vulf wrote:

There has been a few games where I left the HoG at rank 2 because of the CD difference which is huge for split pushing. I split push a lot in this game. I only really get WoG if FG and Fury are heavily contested which isn't often in my games.

My second active is always something depending how the game is. I really like protected recall and shielded teleport when I split push. I really like Aegis amulet because I can initiate fights with that because people immediately blow their CC on you when you jump into them and Fenrir is way too squishy (even with tank items) to build beads for the same effect warriors get.
I haven't given Aegis enough of a chance, but then again I rarely play Fenrir.

I've been playing a lot of Arachne currently despite her feeling like a meh God to pick overall. How do you guys think they should buff her to improve her? Or is she fine the way she is?
Vulf
I still have nightmares playing against the old OP Arachne jungle so I really don't want that god to be good again. I think her kit is too stupid to just change numbers and call it a day. I wouldn't mind seeing a majority of her kit remade, but thats just me and I know Arachne fans wouldn't want that. I mean I would be super upset if they reworked Fenrir even though his main issue is just CC and beads being broken as fuck.
- L A U R A -
Beads Aegis are the 2 hard hard counters to loki, imo beads is already enough. Also, if you face a Freya and her ult bothers you, get the walking aegis thing and she can't harm you.
I kinda hope they rework arachne into a guardian or something. Even if her damage numbers would be doubled, her ganks are extremly weak, even weaker if there are wards and if a jungler can't gank it's pointless. And she has to "Siege up" with eggs and stuff before she can gank so she gets predictable. Her clear is amazing though and the early game 1v1 boxing potential too. Siege is better for her, the corners that you simply don't ward are her home. That new item... I love it for 1v1 vs mages. CDR, Power and protection. Finally a good item giving sustain that is suited for assassins.

Picked up some level 10 players that wrote me a PM on reddit. It is somehow funny to look how much they concentrate to use the vgs, or how they always think a few times if they should attack when I stun someone. Told them about beads and how to counter certain gods, it's quite fun and they are way better then me back then.
Vulf
I still don't know how to use the vgs properly. Why can't I set it to my own macro's first of all? Would make my life so much easier if I could bind some of them to different keys.

Why did they remove the auto skill level feature? Not every god has situational level up spells or wants to abuse the level skip at 4 and 8.
Never used the auto buy.

That new stacking item Ancile is really good. Combo it with other stacking items like Devourer's gloves and it's pretty dumb at full stacks.
Soulclenz
Hmmmm, alright, this has happened enough times to merit me asking about it.

Do they plan on implementing a type of backdoor protection or am I just dealing with this all wrong? I was having some games last night and to my frustration, I was matched against the same Nu Wa player 3 times. Every single time she would just focus on backdooring towers with her little army dudes when our creeps were way up the lane and we were elsewhere, by the time we'd react she would retreat, and even if she did die, the damage was done and it was well worth her trip. Inevitably she would just backdoor our phoenix and we'd just lose in a miserable manner.

I guess my question is, what is the best way to deal with this (imo) ridiculous playstyle?

In dota2, towers heal if none of your creeps have hit it and you try to backdoor it, I wonder if something like that will ever see the light of day in Smite. I'm ok with someone running up and popping a tower that is sitting at 1% hp, or if 3-5 farmed players overpower the backdoor healing, but to backdoor from full to zero in a matter of 2'ish trips seems way too beneficial. It really killed my desire to continue playing when i saw it.

ETA: I guess I should state that I was playing Arachne in both games, and since they had an Ares in their lineup i had HoG + beads as my actives, so quick travel to towers wasn't possible to me.
[- Alex -]
I think Au Kuang ult need to be a bit nerfed . 1 ult , 4 kills . At 420 ap , over 1000 damage at lvl 2 in ult i think.
Vulf
Nu Wa split pushing is next level retarded because she doesn't need minions to take things. What they can do to fix this is have the soldiers deal no damage to structures and have turrets prioritize Nu Wa over them.

Ao Kuang has always been ridiculously strong. His ratios are fine I just think he is bugged in a lot of ways. He can ult in the middle of CC and it's really dumb he is allowed to do that.
- L A U R A -
I loathe Ao Kuang. His tornados, his ult, everything. When I use my 3 on him "wow let's press 4 cuz god hard" and i die. The worst thing with CC immunity is Tyr, his passive, his 1 not being able to be CCd in and his ult that is a bit leap with CC immunity. PLEA STAHP.
And to Nu Wa... Attack when you killed her. Only thing to get out of her ridiculous ability taking phoenixes lategame... She isn't the only one able to do this, count Mercury, Bakasura, Apollo and Bastet to the most annoying split pushers too :/ Wards and killing them is the only way to take out an active split pusher.

2 Days before season ends :D :D :D
[- Alex -]
Pff , is so sad i only have lvl 15.... I want to play some rank's.
Vulf
I got deserter status and lost all my goodwill because my net crashed this morning! :(

Ao Kuang could probably use a slight nerf on his 3 for how safe it makes his laning and how the damage is. It's hard to avoid when you try to fight him. I don't think the CC immunity on his ulti is intentional because if it is then they most definitely should nerf the damage.
Soulclenz
I still think they need to add backdoor protections to this game. I'll work on my wards and killing split pushers and all that, but I still want to see either towers heal or god minions unable to tank towers.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Geb ult is really bad? Seriously have never seen it turn the tide of a battle. Or am I just an idiot?
- L A U R A -
Gebs ult is a teamfight ult. Most people suck at Geb since they just spam abilitys, he's a pretty good support if you can calculate when to use your CC and when not. His shield is what makes him good though.
- L A U R A -
What happens when you don't focus on OBJECTIVES.
Played vs this guy before as Mercury, he play like a cheesy idiot. He wards and waits to gank you when you do buffs and if he succeeds he can just snowball around and kill you since this is where Loki shines... ( I didn't sell Hearthseeker since it gives me power even without stacks and stacking in Joust isn't a problem..)

Vulf
I got into a discussion with someone the other day on Heartseeker vs Devourer' Glove.

Heartseeker:
1950 gold
25 attack
8% Movement Speed

PASSIVE - You gain +1 Physical Power per stack. You receive 2 stacks for a god kill and 1 stack per minion kill. The stacks are halved on death. (max. 50 stacks)

+75 attack at max stacks.

Devourer's Glove
2050 gold
30 attack
10% Lifesteal

PASSIVE - You permanently gain +.5 Physical Power and +.25% Physical Lifesteal per stack, and receive 5 stacks per god kill and 1 stack per minion kill. (max. 60 stacks)

+60 attack and 25% lifesteal at max stacks.

I don't really see a reason to get Heartseeker over Devourer's Glove unless you are snowballing hard and dying isn't really a big issue.
[- Alex -]
Nemesis , Ares , Poseidon or Zeus? I like them very much but i want to own one. ^^
- L A U R A -

Vulf wrote:

I got into a discussion with someone the other day on Heartseeker vs Devourer' Glove.

Heartseeker:
1950 gold
25 attack
8% Movement Speed

PASSIVE - You gain +1 Physical Power per stack. You receive 2 stacks for a god kill and 1 stack per minion kill. The stacks are halved on death. (max. 50 stacks)

+75 attack at max stacks.

Devourer's Glove
2050 gold
30 attack
10% Lifesteal

PASSIVE - You permanently gain +.5 Physical Power and +.25% Physical Lifesteal per stack, and receive 5 stacks per god kill and 1 stack per minion kill. (max. 60 stacks)

+60 attack and 25% lifesteal at max stacks.

I don't really see a reason to get Heartseeker over Devourer's Glove unless you are snowballing hard and dying isn't really a big issue.
Mercury and Osiris, since both work better with Bloodforge and Mercurys passive + his need for mov speed, Joust 1v1 mostly. Normally under ADCs people win with devos gloves since they give sustain.

And WingsOfDeathx I like them in this order: Nemesis, Poseidon, Ares, then Zeus. They are all quite different.
Vulf
God specific I can see. How does mercury's passive work? Is it based off the percentage or the flat movement from items? Hope it's the flat movement because that would be a very bad passive if it isn't.

Fenrir with a fully stacked devourer's Glove + fully runed 2 at max rank is almost 80% lifesteal. Pretty much can 1v1 anyone unless they burst you.

I'm glad I bought the god pack back when it was like 10 bucks. I pretty much only play Fenrir so idk if I would buy it at $30. lol
- L A U R A -
I'll have to say, Mercurys passive doesn't calculate with his base movement speed. But still it's great since you build speed anyway...

> For every 1 ft traveled, Mercury gains a 0.1% physical power bonus on his next basic attack (max 50%). Mercury also gains additional physical power equal to 25% of movement speed from items or abilities.

Let's say, you don't get tons of damage from it, but the chunk you get is often notable (I remember having about 38 most games). Same reason to pick up Golden Bow on Merc: His 1 is a basic attack, helps him clear, free mov speed. IMO, as long as you don't play solo or in joust, it won't be useful, but it helps clear waves a lot. Max rank Made you look can clear a normal minion wave with it in seconds. But on ever other god, Golden Bow is useless and has just way to bad stats... I often sell it for Titan's Bane or a protection item lategame.

And Bloodforge for gods with incredible fast or just great attack chains for the BF passive (Osiris, Mercury with his 2 giving 70% attack speed, Kali...)
40 Physical Power, 20% Lifesteal
> PASSIVE - Each successful hit on an enemy grants you +5 Physical Power and +2% Physical Lifesteal for 4s. (max. 5 stacks)

Those are the only exceptions I could think off... differences often not noticable so it wont hurt just getting devos gauntlet.
Vulf
I meant off the % of the item. For example 25% of 8% (heartseeker) is 2 attack.

I went in game to test this because I was very curious how this mechanic worked. It goes off the base movespeed the item gives. With no other movespeed items or abilities in play heartseeker gives mercury about 30 movespeed which is 7.5 attack.

The distant part of the passive is already incredibly strong this part of it makes it even more ridiculous. lol
- L A U R A -
But the distance part gets cancelled by jumping and I jump all the time .-.

PLS SMITE...maybe just have to play lunch and stomp randoms...
Vulf
Is that intentional? LOL

I wish I had more motivation to play Smite. I hate solo queue and if I had a good group of people to play with every day I think I'd play a lot more.
- L A U R A -
If you see me online just invite me :) As long as someone jungles in my team I'm happy.
Vulf
Jungle is my main role so you would never have to worry about doing it if we queue.
show more