forum

osu! Quake Live Tournament - Summer 2014 (23rd-28th June)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Mara
You have two options here;

1. You can play TDM - get a friend from somewhere and be wobbly dobbly.
2. You can play NA Duel - with a cost of massive ping disadvantage. (NAs ain't coming anyway so I'll let you in if you want) though I'm pretty sure that even the high ping is not going to stop you ohohohohohohoh

Just tell me your choice and I'll add you right away
Kert
Timetable is very cruel
Not only matches happen around 4-7 in the morning (UTC+7 pls), but also I am leaving on the 27th

decision in process
Topic Starter
Mara
Yeah it's not going to be easy to me either as I have to stream everything >w<
Kert
K
We're going for TDM

Team sQuad: Kert & LuckyHamster
Topic Starter
Mara
gotcha

FOUR MORE SLOTS IN GENERAL LEFT
Topic Starter
Mara
REGISTRATION WILL END THIS SUNDAY, SO GET YO ASS IN HERE IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T

For people who are already in, get ready to see amazing brackets
Weed
ddw00788 + me for tdm

team name: we snigle
Kert
ah remove Team from our team name please because that sounds overkilling
Topic Starter
Mara
My bad.
Topic Starter
Mara
EU Duel brackets are done. Here are the matches on Monday.

Here are also NA Duel brackets for Monday because I know nobody is going to join in there anymore

Topic Starter
Mara
And here are the TDM brackets.

Timetable got changed a bit due lack of players in NA and TDM, basically just removed the extra events from there.
3dou
I'll be commentating. Again.

In other news, I got an account.
Topic Starter
Mara
We are almost there!

Meanwhile, guess who will win the matches on Monday! Click here
TakuMii
I really hate to say this, but I'll have to formally withdraw from the tournament. I have a few personal issues that just came up that I really need to deal with, and it interferes with the timing of my first match. I'm truly sorry, and I hope I'll be able to participate another time.
SKT T1 Lusory
hyperino
Santeri
I'm not even home right now and Windows seemingly committed suicide earlier today. How convenient... So I'm probably out unless a miracle happens.
Topic Starter
Mara
jesus cgifdhfdhrgphrtokur
Topic Starter
Mara
TUESDAY 24.6

All times are in UTC.

17:00 - TDM A: sQuad VS mosquitoonmyballsack
17:30 - TDM B: Up 2 u m8 VS öptic gayming
18:00 - TDM C: Fistonia VS Team Cynaps
18:30 - EU Duel R: Cookie VS Ezoda
19:00 - EU Duel S: Marcin VS Nyari
19:30 - EU Duel T: FisHie VS osqlol
20:00 - EU Duel U: Depator VS Negri_sk
20:30 - NA Duel H: Brian OA VS Lust
21:00 - NA Duel I: Kethsar VS Kanye West
21:30 - NA Duel J: [Winner of Duel H] VS [Winner of Duel I]
3dou
All these no-shows man. Damn shame.
Topic Starter
Mara
WEDNESDAY 25.6.2014

All times are in UTC.

17:00 - EU Duel I: Mukku VS Kardet
17:30 - EU Duel J: Lusory VS Doomsday
18:00 - EU Duel K: MaDBoY94 VS Alzzu
18:30 - EU Duel L: Piotrekol VS ks-
19:00 - EU Duel V: [Loser of Duel L] VS Cookie
19:30 - EU Duel W: [Loser of Duel K] VS Marcin
20:30 - EU Duel Y: [Loser of Duel J] VS FisHie
21:00 - NA Duel E: Maeglwn VS Some1
21:30 - NA Duel K: [Loser of Duel E] VS Brian OA
3dou
In spirit of the NA matches, I present: justNAthings.

Kert
I am sorry and very upset
I have been extremely busy with uni stuff since sunday (sleeping 1-2 hours a day) and this madness have only finished just now. It was a success though
Topic Starter
Mara
THURSDAY 26.6.2014

All times are in UTC.

17:00 - TDM D: we snigle VS mosquitoonmyballsack
17:30 - TDM E: Up 2 u m8 VS Fistonia
18:00 - EU Duel M: Mukku VS Doomsday
19:00 - EU Duel N: MaDBoY94 VS ks-
20:00 - EU Duel Z: Cookie VS Alzzu
21:00 - EU Duel AA: Lusory VS Kardet
22:00 - NA Duel F & G (Finals): Maeglwn VS Brian OA
Mukku
I LOST!!

:CC
Topic Starter
Mara
So lots of shit has been happening. Not only massive amount of games has been noshows, we have gotten matches where people have gotten lagspikes (what the fuck id software), OBS, PC and QL has been crashing, TDM has been breaking up and multiple million other stuff. This has been pretty awful and as much I tried to finish this (since I worked for this quite a long time), I finally lost my nerves.

I am now announcing the cancellation of the tournament. Sorry for this, but can't just take it.

I'd like to give MASSIVE THANKS (was supposed to play a video in the ending ceremony) to:

EVERYONE WHO PLAYED THEIR GODDAMN MATCHES
Everyone who was involved with the Quake Live intro video (it is amazing and I try to upload it on youtube)
NEDM for photoshopping the amazing timetable+stats stuff for the break section. The way .psds worked was just superb and was radical as hell.
NEDM, 3dou, MaDBoY94 and Cookie for commentary.

nothing else to comment here, see ya folks.
Mukku
I am so sorry. I thought that the map I forfeited was the last one we had to play. I didn't remember about BO5

Thanks for the games though. It was fun
NotEvenDoomMusic

Mara wrote:

So lots of shit has been happening. Not only massive amount of games has been noshows, we have gotten matches where people have gotten lagspikes (what the fuck id software), OBS, PC and QL has been crashing, TDM has been breaking up and multiple million other stuff. This has been pretty awful and as much I tried to finish this (since I worked for this quite a long time), I finally lost my nerves.

I am now announcing the cancellation of the tournament. Sorry for this, but can't just take it.

I'd like to give MASSIVE THANKS (was supposed to play a video in the ending ceremony) to:

EVERYONE WHO PLAYED THEIR GODDAMN MATCHES
Everyone who was involved with the Quake Live intro video (it is amazing and I try to upload it on youtube)
NEDM for photoshopping the amazing timetable+stats stuff for the break section. The way .psds worked was just superb and was radical as hell.
NEDM, 3dou, MaDBoY94 and Cookie for commentary.

nothing else to comment here, see ya folks.
Sorry i actually just found some time into write a message about this and it's probably my first and last (long) one in this thread.

First of all, thank you Mara for planing and executing this tournament, it's extremely tedious to plan ahead and have backup strats for all occassions but not for the ones that aren't predictable.
I've already had the feeling that you were busy the prior weeks before the initial stream launch and sounded excited to open the gates as fast as the countdown hits 00:00.
You've managed and handled everything very nicely and there's not a-wholy much to say, any than that you've laid a good foundation for a potentially good tournament.
But unfortunately we had so many issues that couldn't be calculated in.

The sudden decision to end this tournament early is reasonable,
it's extremely discouraging to keep on going if things just look like a mess and nothing turns out as planed.
So it's safe to say that only half of the games in the entire tournament did actually happened; the other half were all no-shows.
Not to push guilt to the ones that couldn't show up because of personal reasons but if you sign up for something and willingly say you would like to jump in, you either take responsibility and actually appear or just drop a message to the corresponding person hosting the event about your absence (or even people associated with them) which literally takes less than 2 minutes, so that the person who is in charge of that event can plan ahead of time.

It is a bummer to cancel your entry, but the tournament host can strike you out of the brackets before it can begin and it's much, much less stressful for eveyone involved than not appearing at all to one of your matches.

If you can't attend, leave a message to somebody about it so the host will know, it will make a huge difference in terms of overal attitude, planing and the future for similar events to happen.

It's not sportsmanship like to attend a tournament but not even showing attitude and spirit in competing or showing a bit respect for the effort one is putting into a project/event.

Overall, it saddened me that it has to be canceled before the competitors for the finals were announced, nonetheless everyone who has participated and was present at the tournament did a splendid job and played very well in which i have to say: "Thanks to all participants that gave their best".
I don't know if any of the viewers or players may have recorded their matches but some of the matches were really well played, even some of the one-sided matches had me feeling that a clutch might happen.

Eitherways, i had some fun commentating, especially since it was my first time doing commentary and hope it wasn't all too annoying with me that i try to overhype situations. So yeah, thanks for having me here Mara.
Hit me up if you need something again, i will see what i can do.

Mukku wrote:

I am so sorry. I thought that the map I forfeited was the last one we had to play. I didn't remember about BO5n
You competed and tried your best,
but i would personally be extremely pissed off too, if i would have to play a match that would decide your tournament games with bad latency so it's reasonable.
Also your ping at the beginning was spiking up to 150 but got worse at the second game of your duel match which was 250 by default and upped up to 310+
Of course your problem was visible at the TDM aswell (judging by your performance compared to other sets you had), so yeah.

I would've forfeited too to be frank.
Good games delivered eitherways, it was just unfortunate today.

QUICKEDIT:

Mukku wrote:

It was fun
... and that's all that matters.
If you're having fun playing the game or just having fun competing; as long as you enjoy it and contribute by either supporting with feedback or reactions, even be one of the competitors, the time that Mara and everyone involved with him had spent into making >this< possible had been all worth it.
Weed
Sorry that you feel this way, it's awesome that you kept trying though.

As a viewer, it was fun watching all the games. despite the difficulties you were having, so your effort wasn't in vain. The commentary wasn't boring, in fact it was really fun to listen to. I wasn't there for all the days, but the experience was still enjoyable. It was slow at times but I kept watching just because I thought it was interesting, and hope others felt the same.

Sorry for my match in particular though, my friend was having his own personal fps issues on an old computer of his, and we both aren't very good lol. Although I'm relieved that people believe it was better that we at least showed up instead of not showing up at all. We gave our best ever though we were outmatched.

It may not seem worth it due to the current situation, but if you do another tournament next year I don't think your efforts would be in vain. It's a fun event and I was hyped for it. Even if a lot of people don't watch, those who do enjoy it, or else they wouldn't be watching it :D

Same with NEDM, 3dou, and the other commentators aswell, you all put in effort to make this thing happen and make it enjoyable and I'd just like to say thanks. I watched a lot more than I expected.

I wish you best of luck Mara, sorry for all the difficulties, definitely not all your fault, there was no way of telling so much would go wrong.