forum

[confirmed] Missing languages in game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XPJ38
Some of the languages that exist in the localisation spreadsheet simply don't show up in the language selection dropdown list in the client (list below).

I thought there was something to do with the completion percentage of the language (like if a language isn't at least 50% translated, it doesn't show up) but it doesn't seem to be the case since Bulgarian (41%) is there while Romanian (54%) isn't.

List of the missing languages (followed by their codes and column letter in the GDoc):
  1. Romanian – ro – T
  2. Filipino – ph – V
  3. Czech – cz – X
  4. Lithuanian – lt – AI
  5. Arabic – ar – AJ
  6. Serbian – sr – AN
  7. Irish – ga – AO
I also noticed that some language names have been changed in the GDoc but the old names are still displayed in the game. I don't think the changes are recent. List of the languages:
  1. Norwegian – no – O: "Norsk" should be "Norsk (bokmål)"
  2. Mongolian – mn – Y: "Mongyol kele" should be "Монгол"
  3. Vietnamese – vi-VN – AD: "tiếng Việt" should be "Tiếng Việt"
  4. Latvian – lv – AK: "latviešu valoda" should be "Latviešu"

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Pokymonn
Thanks, XPJ38. As previously discussed, I am working on the Romanian translation (55% done thus far) and am expecting to finish soon. Therefore, please do include its support in-game.
Topic Starter
XPJ38
Bump.
Nathanael
My language (Filipino, 60%+) is not currently found at the client, but exists at the document.
Topic Starter
XPJ38
Still happening on my end and to other people as well according to this thread. I'll just confirm.
Marcin
They are not missing, just not added due to low completion.
Topic Starter
XPJ38

XPJ38 wrote:

I thought there was something to do with the completion percentage of the language (like if a language isn't at least 50% translated, it doesn't show up) but it doesn't seem to be the case since Bulgarian (41%) is there while Romanian (54%) isn't.
?
Kitokofox
iirc someone did finish the Vietnamese client translation, and peppy is the one that handles the client languages. The unfinished languages will be added in upon completion, so don't b-flat about it. Unlike the !faq messages, it would look very silly to see a part of a language missing in the game client itself due to lack of consistency.