forum

How long did it take you to "get used to" the tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jugment
So my first tablet just arrived and I was wondering what is the avarage time people get on the same aim level with a tablet that they had previously with a mouse. Of course this also depends how many plays you had with the mouse before, which for me, was 10000
Rewben2
A week, I was around rank 13k
Almost
2 or 3 days.
Dembele
Took me a day or so but I was reasonably new, maybe i had around 5000 plays with mouse before i got it. Personally I saw immediate improvement after getting used to it too (probably because my mouse sucked!)
Mythras
3-4 days, then a month to get the area right
RaneFire
I don't know, I'm still getting used to it :(

Got it around Dec 2011 lol. Around 5k plays I guess.

The way snapping works with a mouse is just so natural for me, that when I play tablet, something always feels off. I still manage, but it just doesn't feel right.
Noobsicle
never
daredakke
Started with a tablet when I joined, took about a week I think before I was consistently clearing normal maps. 3 months later I was shakily doing insanes.

Only checked force proportions in january but it was only a minor change.
Hell
Yeah I bought a tablet and it was interesting but the mouse movements feel natural to me so I basically used it for 2 days and its been sitting in my dirty sock drawer since. Anyone wanna buy it for $50 that lives in the suburban Detroit area? It's the Wacom bamboo one and its 100% working.
InControL_old
For me it took about 3-4 days to hold the pen right and get used to hovering. If you take more than 1-2 week to get used to the tablet then you should stick to the mouse it will be better for you.
tokaku
I started out with tablet all the way. But changing tablet areas usually take me about a week to be completely comfortable and efficient with it.
Top Bunk
Only took me a day or two to get on par and better with the tablet than I ever was with the mouse. Though it's not like I played the entire days. In total it was maybe about 2-3 hours of play time. The first few songs on tablet made me feel like it was pointless and that I should just quit and go back to the mouse. But I'm stubborn enough and kept playing anyways, trying out positioning and pen holds, and eventually I got it down to where I could play comfortably and smoothly.

I'm still an awful and shitty player compared to everyone else. So even though I've improved more with the tablet, it's nothing anyone else would care about, me being so low in rank and all. But I have fun with it and that's what matters.
Maxis
It took me about a week or so before I was able to do jumps/high aim at my mouse level. Things like pen grip and playstyle I already had instantly since I'd already started osu with a tablet--it was old and broke a few weeks later, switched to mouse for about 3 months (probably 3k plays) before I got this new one.
xasuma
2 days playing all day.
Mofu kun
2 weeks
beeboy123
2 or 3 days of playing with relax
Maz
I have gotten used to the hovering but I don't know a good area.
InControL_old

Maz wrote:

I have gotten used to the hovering but I don't know a good area.
I'd say the biggest as long as you can easily reach the corners without much trouble
Cocaine dog
2-3 days, but playing a lot of jump prac maps etc..
Filthy Casual
As soon as I started using my tablet it felt natural. This is the first day I started using my tablet and you can see I had quite a large jump in PP.
yarosan62
I am still adjusting, even though it's half a year since I got a tablet. Depends on person
Manishh

yarosan62 wrote:

I am still adjusting, even though it's half a year since I got a tablet. Depends on person
you are a bit late buddy
kujubuo

Filthy Casual wrote:

As soon as I started using my tablet it felt natural. This is the first day I started using my tablet and you can see I had quite a large jump in PP.
1100 pp 34k rank feels weird
AccountWontWork
8 years jesus