forum

What is your "best" and "worst" type of map to play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loves
I know everybody has certain types of maps that they ACCEL in and certain other maps that they just SUCK at.

I'll start.

I'm best with AR10 smallish jump maps and DT hard maps with NO patterns.

I'm worst with freer maps such as Just Awake, Wonderful World or any AR9 map that doesn't have structure. I also suck at maps like Hades because I can't stream and single tap at the same time ><'' .
Toadsworth
I am good at AR8 maps with double time, and most AR9 130-170pp songs.

I am bad at any songs that have death streams longer than 15 seconds or maps with excessive squares.
Blueprint
I'm best at anything ar9 and jumpy 160-210 bpm,
I'm terrible at AR 10, doubles quad 6 8 and so on, I'm terrible at low bpm slow songs
Yakuyan
I decent at most types of songs except for songs that have doubles, low odd number of streams, and moving or spread out triplets.
Pettanko
best: tv size maps

worst: non-tv size maps
Maxis
AR9 maps with high number of jumps & complicated patterns are both my best and favorite kind of maps. I also don't see the hate against doubles--I actually kind of like them, and the feeling of your fingers just 'bouncing' off the keys.

I hate streams. don't talk to me about streams. :( (but I'm practicing and getting better at them.)
Mythras
Ar9 streamy jumpy short upbeat 170-190 bpm.

I suck at continuous squares and triangles though.
timemon
My best : sliders ride train and 170 BPM single taps
My Worst : jumps squares streams fast single taps
tokaku
Best: nothing
Worst: extremely complicated patterns, Artcore JINJA, doubles, streams
Wishy
Best: nothing.

Worst: nothing.

Just play the game man.
Rewben2
My most comfortable ar is probably ar8+dt. My "best" type of map is probably short fast jumps like koigokoro or golden sky. Nothing with streams longer than 5 beats.
Ninonuko
Best : I think streamy maps easier to fc than jump maps
Bad : It's hard to explain, the single notes behind stacks or stream always success to ruin combo, and stack jump
rev3rsor
I suppose I'm somewhat good at doing _some_ easy maps with all mods (not perfect), since I have a few top 50s, all with easy maps. Though flashlight for me is quite hard; I prefer HD/HR/NC.
I'm bad at high bpm, >8 AR (yeah I'm relatively new to this game) (I've done 1 or 2 AR 9 songs nomod, with pretty bad combo), long streams (both 1/4 and 1/2, if 1/2 is considered stream), and small circles. I play HT on very hard songs, which is probably bad for me, but at least I get to feel good about doing Freedom Dive another.
nooblet

Loves wrote:

I know everybody has certain types of maps that they EXCEL in and certain other maps that they just SUCK at.
Easy compressed streams from 170-190 bpm.

~MASHING~ maps
Noobsicle
best at easy2read ar9 maps, tv size / full-length animu songs (can usually sightread 1st time most of the songs since they have similar patterns and stuff)

horrid at 0108, saten, single tapping maps, AR10 and the usually popular big bracku scarlet rose airman etc
Monstrata
I play mouse-only so i'm best with anything 120-200 bpm that is mainly jumpy. I can do screen jumps just fine, surprisingly. However, streaming is a huge problem (i can guess, probably for all mouse-only players?). I run out of stamina on any song with streams that is longer than 2:30. Maps with snaky streams like Chase the Light are also really difficult for me to play.
Ichi
Best: Ar 10 maps with jumps and streams between 190-210 bpm
Worse: Ar9 maps with high bpm and jumps, e.g Atama no taisou, Heterodomia (or whatever the fk),
I´m Horrendous at maps where you have to tap fast but have to snap to the notes at a "slower" pace im good at hitting them mostly when they come up one by one (ar10). Anyway this is what im working on...
winber1
best: 180-190bpm streamy/jumpy
worst: fast, OD9+,small circles
Vuelo Eluko
i can say ive thoroughly mastered ar9, am quite comfortable at 9.6, do fumble a bit at 10, and anything above 10 is impossible for me.

bad at low bpms and overlapping, any circles smaller than 5 or bigger than 4. I also can't score higher than a B on OD9 maps.
B1rd
best: CS4 AR9 low OD low bpm TV size maps without jumps or streams or patterns

worst: low AR, high AR, patterns, high OD, CS3, high BPM, streams, jumps, long length
djjsixpack
Best: Doubletime 180-220 bpm, AR 8-10, jumps, lower bpm with high OD.

Average: AR10.3 and 7.

Worst: Maps with a ton of streams on any bpm higher than 160, weird spacing, zig-zag streams of any kind and anything involving the "hidden" mod.
MEK
good at ar10 10.3 220+ bpm. mostly going towards speed nowdays and not aim

bad at everything else
Iceskulls
My best: kick slider, well placed jumps maps
My worst: long stream,low spacing maps
Kato
My best would be a map with fast triplets and some streams in between, my worst would have to be fast spaced singles.
uzzi
Best? Probably rhythm intensive and streamy maps.
Worst? Anything with a particular pattern repeated without any changes to it, especially jumps. When I say repeated, I mean like used so frequently you basically know the map for that... https://osu.ppy.sh/b/374472 <- Squares, nothing else.
xGx

ryza

Pettanko wrote:

best: tv size maps

worst: non-tv size maps
/thread
Mystrian_old
best: small stars and jumps.

worst: AR9. Passed Monster (DotEXE Dubstep Remix) (Jump Lvl 2) with a C though
Varetyr
Best : (fast) singletapping maps, like La Di Da (DT), With a Dance Number etc

Worst : AngelHoney (long) stream maps
RaneFire
Best: Nomod. Rhythmic patterns / streams.

Worst: Mods. AR10+, 200+bpm. Flow polygons (circular).
Asagi
Best: HD, DT HD ar9, high-speed single tapping and high bpm streams

Worst : Sharp patterns (Square/Star)
CXu
Worst: Streams, AR9+, High BPM.
Best: Probably jumps.
El SolarBeam
Best : sliders with a good flow and AR8+HD

Worst : small CS and stream+jump at once
E a g l e
Best any maps which is high bpm and dense with notes like talent shredder, scarlet rose, adults toy etc.
Worst is any map which has lots of streams and or high OD as my accuracy is utter shite so to speak
I also love jumps...
ETHICALMOUSEUSE
Best: Sensible jumps/squares

Worst: Streams longer then 9 notes, steams in generals, doubles, triples, stacks of any notes, stack-esque streams of about 7 notes, excessive jumps, overmapped maps, most maps in general
Suqerb
Best: Streams, maybe speed. My accuracy is fine on anything below OD 8.

Worst: Everything else. Especially spinners.
Kazutakee
Best : AR9 & AR8 + DT with not too much Stamina taking in use.
Worst: Death stream, doubletap, mega jump maps.
Mythras
Any weird use of sliders seems to destroy me, can't improve either.... Need some kind of crazy slider practice map. Just not a val map...