forum

Scandinavian Summer Open (Winner = Xytox)

posted
Total Posts

1-5 rate your experience of this tournament

5 - no complaints
39.29%
4 - a few issues but nothing major
39.29%
3 - it was okay
10.71%
2 - there were a lot of problems
0.00%
1 - it sucked
10.71%
Total votes: 28
show more
TraxieChan
I can also be referee if needed :3
Topic Starter
Kotayo
guess i'll add you both to potential referees

although atm idk how well my plans for this will work as there seems to be a severe lack of interest or something ._.
kriers
Uh... registrations are still open?

kriers #1 - Lone Dino
rawr

Maybe we should use this template for a tournament in DreamHack.
IppE

Kotayo wrote:

although atm idk how well my plans for this will work as there seems to be a severe lack of interest or something ._.
If all else fails you can just merge the country brackets and just have it all in one bracket.
Topic Starter
Kotayo

kriers wrote:

Uh... registrations are still open?

kriers #1 - Lone Dino
rawr

Maybe we should use this template for a tournament in DreamHack.
uuuh....you kinda failed the registration but i'll fix it for you i guess xD

IppE wrote:

Kotayo wrote:

If all else fails you can just merge the country brackets and just have it all in one bracket.
yea that's my backup plan atm
Mara
Player #1 - Mara
Liiraye will pay 3,000,000 SEK for Mara's head.

inb4 too late

Message to IppE;
Nyari
Team Name: Kiso is best girl
Player #1 - Nyari
this game blows wheres my kancolle
IppE

Mara wrote:

Message to IppE;
Topic Starter
Kotayo
if there are more finnish people joining i might change the brackets around to make it more like a Nordic tournament instead of Scandinavian
IppE
I doubt there will be much of us finns.
TimG
Player #1 - TimG
My real name isn't even Tim.

I hope i'm not too late for the registration.
Topic Starter
Kotayo
registrations are open till last week before the tournament starts (around the 28th of june or something, no exact date really) or when we've filled the brackets with 32 players in each, which we're not even close to
Slizzer
I guess it might be good to mention that July 24 to 27 is the date for the NärCon event and anyone planning to participate in the event (me) wont be able to participate in SSB these days. Lets say that July 28th is off limits too since people (at least I) will be really worn out/tired after 3-4 days of NärCon.
Topic Starter
Kotayo

Slizzer wrote:

I guess it might be good to mention that July 24 to 27 is the date for the NärCon event and anyone planning to participate in the event (me) wont be able to participate in SSB these days. Lets say that July 28th is off limits too since people (at least I) will be really worn out/tired after 3-4 days of NärCon.
so basically i'll just move the finals bracket to the week after närcon to avoid this problem :P
Princess Zoom

Princess Zoom wrote:

Team Name: PrINceSsDom
Player #1 - MrZoom
The Princess himself needs to protect his princessdom
maybe i should inform you of my namechange :3... or maybe i wont... who knows
Topic Starter
Kotayo
so we have 37 entries right now.....there is 96 spots.... ;w;
Xytox
Finland backup plan, let's go.
Topic Starter
Kotayo
i already opened for the finns when mara signed up....hasn't worked so far ;w;
IppE
Have you tried advertising it on the finnish subforums or the irc channel? You might get better results if you actually do something about it :3c
Amanda
Player #1 - Tonarinototoro
Why would you ban me for saying rooster!? T_T
Mara

IppE wrote:

Have you tried advertising it on the finnish subforums or the irc channel? You might get better results if you actually do something about it :3c
I linked it once in IRC but I think I was heavily ignored for some reason. I'll try it again today.
Topic Starter
Kotayo
updated about bracket change and stuff

also removed keyboard from prize pool because i'd rather save an expensive prize like that for a bigger tournament where we atleast fill 64 spots (if this somehow manages to reach 64 participants before i make the bracket i might add it again)
motrax
Player #1 - *motrax*
Let's do this thing!
Nyari
leaving the tourney due to unforseen events that happened today

Mara
why are tablet players so fucking aggressive

every single time
Loctav

Kotayo wrote:

also removed keyboard from prize pool because i'd rather save an expensive prize like that for a bigger tournament where we atleast fill 64 spots (if this somehow manages to reach 64 participants before i make the bracket i might add it again)
You can have supporter tags for the winner. 6 months for #1, 3 for #2, 2 for #3. Please send me a forum PM with a tournament end date.
Topic Starter
Kotayo

Loctav wrote:

Kotayo wrote:

You can have supporter tags for the winner. 6 months for #1, 3 for #2, 2 for #3. Please send me a forum PM with a tournament end date.

oh that's nice...i'll send you all that stuff after the schedule is done (probably tomorrow or something)
Xytox
Zerzxes and me wants to co-commentate the tournament if that's possible. :) Of course when I'm playing I won't commentate.
Player #1 - 31415926535897
how do i multi? /o\
-GN
Team Name: blah
Player #1 - -GN
please pick stream maps or ar4 or something
Grunt
Team Name: <コ:彡
Player #1 - Grunt
<コ:彡
thelewa
Player #1 - thelewa
wololo
Topic Starter
Kotayo

thelewa wrote:

Player #1 - thelewa
wololo
is this real life?

EDIT: REGISTRATIONS ARE CLOSED
Topic Starter
Kotayo
mappool and bracket has been released on the 2nd post
Liiraye
Looks really promising, guddo jobbu kotayo
Amanda
holy ship i forgot that im moving to the other end of Denmark on Friday, well i was going to play against CXu and if i won that with the biggest luck in the world i would play against lewa. im not even good at this game why should i play against these extremly pro players? T_T so i cant really play on friday, sorry to everyone ;_;
Slizzer
How does the FreeMod maps work? If you pick a FreeMod map are you forced to use at least 1 mod, or can you play it wihtout any mods (NoMod)?
Topic Starter
Kotayo

Slizzer wrote:

How does the FreeMod maps work? If you pick a FreeMod map are you forced to use at least 1 mod, or can you play it wihtout any mods (NoMod)?
it's just like in OWC

you're allowed to use any mod combination (except for DT/HT) including nomod
Physalis
jan ej lördagggggg
Topic Starter
Kotayo
http://www.twitch.tv/osuscandinavian/b/546532322

stream of the first day and it's matches

thought i'd post it here for those interested
show more