forum

Best recording program for Osu! (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cocaine dog
I've been recording some content and uploading it to youtube, but everytime I do there seems to be a little bit of lag or it doesn't look as smooth as it should in 1080p / like it does for Wubwoofwolf etc when they're doing these.. I use dxtory for recording and VLC / Media Player Classic Home Cinema as a "source"..
(I'll be adding a camera soon if that'll help in some weird way)
Example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMZG0cV8uuo
-sev
I've heard good things about Open Broadcaster Software, I haven't tried it yet though. Setting it up right now to test it.
Mofu kun
Kouya-

MoF10 wrote:

osu!record
For some reason, when I tried it, it worked perfectly, just that the video got cut off xDD
Mofu kun

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

For some reason, when I tried it, it worked perfectly, just that the video got cut off xDD
When i did it, i got some problems with frame skip, but i think thats just an isolated issue. It tends to be pretty reliable.
IppE
Fraps if your hard drives can handle it and your computer is not a 4 year old toaster. OBS if you can't be arsed to encode the videos before uploading and don't care so much about visual quality (realtime h264 encoding yo).

OBS is also easier if you want to have some goddamn facecam or whatever in your videos.
Aurani

IppE wrote:

Fraps if your hard drives can handle it and your computer is not a 4 year old toaster. OBS if you can't be arsed to encode the videos before uploading and don't care so much about visual quality (realtime h264 encoding yo).

OBS is also easier if you want to have some goddamn facecam or whatever in your videos.
^That
Basically, get Fraps and a free transcoder like Handbreak or w/e (doesn't really matter, they all do the job fine in my honest opinion). The process of recording and then preparing the video is extremely short and easy if you know what you're doing - and it's not all that hard to learn either.
Topic Starter
Cocaine dog
I'll try out fraps first, and then OBS after.. Which I mainly use for streaming not for recording, didn't know it was a recording program aswell as streaming :?

Thanks everyone!
TakuMii
If you have a newer Nvidia GPU (GTX 650 or better), I'd suggest giving ShadowPlay a try. It's part of the GeForce Experience software (which is optionally included with the drivers), and it's great for recording high-quality* video without any framerate drops.
IppE

YayMii wrote:

...ShadowPlay... high-quality video
allow me to laugh my butt off
TakuMii

IppE wrote:

YayMii wrote:

...ShadowPlay... high-quality video
allow me to laugh my butt off
Thing is, my PC is too crappy to achieve even that without ShadowPlay... /me cries
Granger

IppE wrote:

I dont know, when i try to record my gameplay with fraps it'll lock my cursor in place. But only when recording osu.
No fucking idea why.
nooph

Granger wrote:

I dont know, when i try to record my gameplay with fraps it'll lock my cursor in place. But only when recording osu.
No fucking idea why.
have you tried unticking that option for recording the cursor in the video?
kymotsujason
Dxtory with custom x264 codec.
Records in 1080p and no lag.

I used to use fraps, but i found that Dxtory is much better when you take the time to customize it.
- Marco -
how about bandicam? :D
AutoMedic
Fraps can do the job already