show more
Cherry Blossom
Neymar please.
Bweh
Brazil too stronk

Oscar, man

Oscar MVP
JonnyThatJonny
Not sure Brazil would nick that without that dubious penalty, but if any team deserved the win it was them.

Also great goal by Oscar.
bmin11
I was only able to watch the first half. Brazil defense seemed to be in a rush to move the ball forward while keeping it low, and that made them fragile over Croatias pressure from their forwards. They almost gave away a goal because of that. Fortunately, Brazil started to just take their time and Croatia had to give up on pressuring.

Oscar won the ball and even managed to break away from two players. His passes didn't reach by a margin most of the time, but I could tell it was only a matter of time for them to score, and indeed Neymar pulled a great goal.

I expected them to win the second half if they just kept their game going, and they did win. I'm going to watch the second half to see how they won.

EDIT: Just saw the penalty call and damn that was weak. Sure Lovren had his hand on Freds arm, but come on.

EDIT2: Brilliant touch and a cross by Oscar. Luiz almost had it in with that. Oh man I'm going to miss Luiz, aren't I?

EDIT3: Perfect shot by Oscar, but I wish I had a closer look on Ramireses tackle. It looked quite dangerous.
Kanye West
That penalty call was terrible though. Not like it ended up mattering, but still.
GladiOol

Kanye West wrote:

That penalty call was terrible though. Not like it ended up mattering, but still.
The denied goal from Croatia was also complete bs. Croatia has been let down by the ref big time.

This first match was terrible. Should've been a draw, but I guess homeside favorites always get the referee behind 'm.
bmin11
I'm actually a bit conflicted with that case. I could see a foul if we look at how Cesar wasn't able to grab the ball due to his left arm being pressed down Olic. On the other hand, the striker was just jumping forward while Cesar accidentally leaned on him. If I had to choose, I would say it was the former case. The second case doesn't even make sense lol Anyway, I think the call was correct since Ceser had no idea Olic was charging in his way.
Bweh

GladiOol wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

The denied goal from Croatia was also complete bs.
no it wasn't

It would've been blocked anyway if the whistle wasn't blown.

The penalty call was definitely bs though.
bmin11
No it would have been a goal. Rakitic or whoever it was took the ball that Luiz kicked away and the goal was wide open for him.
GladiOol
Japan 3 - 1 Croatia
Mismagius

not like it was his fault, but oh god this is the best image and it's not even fake
Vish024

GladiOol wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

The denied goal from Croatia was also complete bs. Croatia has been let down by the ref big time.

This first match was terrible. Should've been a draw, but I guess homeside favorites always get the referee behind 'm.
I think that penalty decision encapsulated all the poetic injustice in football. A common form of cheating in the shape of diving occurs and the bigger side, the favourites as well as the home side get the favouritism of the referee. I think Kovac was spot on with his comments. Another problem is that everyone will simply use "oh Brazil would've won anyway" and "but everyone wanted them to win in the opening game" as justification for these errors. Regardless it was a good match to watch, good effort by both sides and unlucky on Croatia's part.

Looking forward to Australia and England's games in coming days.

Also Fabregas has officially signed for Chelsea.
bmin11
My MoM would be Oscar and runner up for Olic. Both played so well and the only difference between those two was that ones effort came out with the better result.
Vish024
Oscar was fantastic throughout the game, very good work rate, attracted opposition players like a magnet, good vision and positioning. He was playing on the right but for some reason looked like he was everywhere. Olic did extremely well considering his age, no idea how someone of 34 years of age manages to bomb down the left wing constantly, he must've lost some serious body-weight through all that sweat.
E14

Kanye West wrote:

EDIT: Fred is also appealing for a penalty at the same time...
bmin11
Fred did absolutely nothing except that dive lol

For the other topic, I can't understand Barcelonas transfer policy. After all those nagging, boy-must-come-home, and DNA banters, they spat him out. I don't even. Anyway, I welcome him and wish him to be the key player for our midfield we were weak on.
Vish024
That image of Fabregas in a Chelsea shirt is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. This is particularly dangerous for our status and image considering the circumstances, if Cesc and Chelsea go on to win titles and we don't deliver with our current crop of players it'll be blamed almost entirely upon the decision to reject Cesc. I just hope that people come to their senses eventually and realise that he would've been a hindrance more than anything else in the long run for the squad and its players.

That aside, C'MON 'STRAYA. LET'S GIVE IT TO THEM LATIN CUNTS! If we come away with a draw, I'll be over the moon.
[- Alex -]

E s s a wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

EDIT: Fred is also appealing for a penalty at the same time...
Best penalty ever..... And at 1-1 , the game was close....
Cherry Blossom

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Also Fabregas has officially signed for Chelsea.
Poor Arsenal :'(
GladiOol
It's odd that Arsenal didn't go for Fabregas. Cazorla is likely to leave for Atletico Madrid, so why not get Fabregas?
Bweh
I am damn sure at least one of those goals wasn't offside. The first half should have ended 1-0 for Mexico

Oh well, at least they scored. Mexico ought to win this match
JonnyThatJonny
The refereeing has been awful so far... really poor decisions on both matches. Glad Mexico got the win even with those bad calls, well deserved. Horrible match from Cameroon, expected more from them.

Also that chincharito miss near the end was hilarious, the portuguese commentator had just finished saying how much the player said he wanted to start on every world cup match, he starts playing and this happens.
Tanzklaue
well that was just dumb from the netherlands.
yeahyeahyeahhh
2 PK so far that shouldn't have been PKs. Lol good thing they can review these things.
Glass
that refball lmao

>step on defender's foot
>fall on face
>get a free penalty

real
Cherry Blossom
wow. Van Persie.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Yay I love watching Spanish lose
Tanzklaue
wow.

spain gets their ass handed to them o:

if italy fails aswell then germany might have a chance after all :D
Glass
mfw I placed bet on netherlands

Vish024
Fuck me, I thought the Dutch'd be alright but did not expect this brilliance. Gladi will need a new pair of testes after this.
Bweh

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Yay I love watching Spanish lose
It stopped being satisfying a while ago. Now it's just sad.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooobbeeennnn!
Vish024
That Robben goal, honestly the moment he approached Casillas with the ball I was thinking "He's not...he's not....he's bloody not! Bloody hell!"

More seriously, we're facing the Dutch after Chile.
bmin11
What a disaster lol
Cyclohexane
I bet Gladi's pretty happy right now
Mismagius
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROBBEN IS A FUCKINGG GOD
Glass
REMINDER THAT THIS GAME SHOULD'VE BEEN 5-0
Bweh

LaVolpe024 wrote:

That Robben goal, honestly the moment he approached Casillas with the ball I was thinking "He's not...he's not....he's bloody not! Bloody hell!"
I knew it was a goal at that point. Casillas had been doing so poorly the entire game him stopping that play would've been above any expectations.

Netherlands played damn well but goddamn, Spain was horrible. not even gg
Kanye West
Robben is a beast, beautiful
Tanzklaue
maybe we send our suck to spain.

anyway, netherlands are scary.
show more