forum

What personality type are you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
-sev
Kei
kirueggy
This isn't even funny anymore, there's gotta be an extrovert somewhere...
Granger

Aurani wrote:

Granger wrote:

Oh wow, how different we are.

The test gave me INTP but the description for INTJ also fits...
Well yesterday I went out and actually took the same test and got examined by a proper psychologist and even if we rule out that I got the same answer on every test online - it still can't rule out the fact that I got the same thing irl too. There's apparently not a single mistake in that site's test - at least as far as it goes for me... even if it surprised me in an unpleasant way (at first I didn't like my type at all).
We also don't seem to be compatible at all~ *high five*
Reading about ENTP... i also can relate to that, more than to INTJ. Only thing not fitting is the extraverted part. To be more specific, i have no idea why this type is associated with extraverted, i certainly love arguing and am blunt as does the not neccesarily liked part. I have a tendency to be unpopular but its not like i mind that, in fact i prefer that because most people leave me alone except a few i can argue with. Wheres the extraverted part here? Just because the arguing thing?

I also redid the same test, the result didnt change much... Little less prospecting and a bit more thinking. But i havent seen a psychologist (should go to one sometime annyways, to deal with various problems with my mind you know about). Doesnt surprise me that it surprised you unpleasantly, in my oponion you dont seem like INFJ, at least from what i know about you, which is arguably not that much considering i know you since barely 2 months only.
From this test it seems like we're not compatible, esp with the tactics. If we'd life together i can imagine a lot of stress there, with me being so relaxed about work while you're pretty serious there.
But does that matter so much? I mean, we dont life together (and likely wont ever do), i like you so we cant be as incompatible as this test says, can we?
Lewder
Last time a year or two ago I was ISTP, oh well
kirueggy
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTP.html

huh guess I know what to be when I grow up...
Aurani

Granger wrote:

I also redid the same test, the result didnt change much... Little less prospecting and a bit more thinking. But i havent seen a psychologist (should go to one sometime annyways, to deal with various problems with my mind you know about). Doesnt surprise me that it surprised you unpleasantly, in my oponion you dont seem like INFJ, at least from what i know about you, which is arguably not that much considering i know you since barely 2 months only.
From this test it seems like we're not compatible, esp with the tactics. If we'd life together i can imagine a lot of stress there, with me being so relaxed about work while you're pretty serious there.
But does that matter so much? I mean, we dont life together (and likely wont ever do), i like you so we cant be as incompatible as this test says, can we?
The thing is, there's only one person who has ever learned enough about me to be able to tell if my personality matches it or not - and that person came to the same conclusion I did. EVERYTHING in INFJ matches me except for the part about me not liking to argue (I actually love arguing quite a lot). Everything else matches perfectly - be it to my liking or not. I'd quite want to hear your opinion on my personality, now that you mentioned I'm "different" in your eyes.
It would also be rather hard living with another introvert, especially INTP, as I'm quite emotional and seek other emotionally expressive people who can offer and show unconditional love - something mostly types like ENTP can provide. I shouldn't be stereotyping like that, but that's how it mostly goes anyways...
Hika

kirukashi wrote:

This isn't even funny anymore, there's gotta be an extrovert somewhere...
NaCl+

ISTJ, sounds good i guess idk.

Lewder
IxTJ is another way of saying autist B)
Hika

Lewder wrote:

8) autism god bless
Granger

Aurani wrote:

Granger wrote:

The thing is, there's only one person who has ever learned enough about me to be able to tell if my personality matches it or not - and that person came to the same conclusion I did. EVERYTHING in INFJ matches me except for the part about me not liking to argue (I actually love arguing quite a lot). Everything else matches perfectly - be it to my liking or not. I'd quite want to hear your opinion on my personality, now that you mentioned I'm "different" in your eyes.
It would also be rather hard living with another introvert, especially INTP, as I'm quite emotional and seek other emotionally expressive people who can offer and show unconditional love - something mostly types like ENTP can provide. I shouldn't be stereotyping like that, but that's how it mostly goes anyways...
Well, the stongest traits of you i know are how you love to argue and how much you value intelligence which isnt etactly a INFJ trait, but more of ENTP and INTP, so naturally i see you differently than the INFJ suggests.
I personally see living with another introvert not as hard, quite contrary, i see that as highly desired since both could satisfy their little social need and be alone for a while again easily without much stress.
I might not be emotionally expressive but i certainly can offer unconditional love. Not so sure about showing it though.
Aurani

Granger wrote:

Well, the stongest traits of you i know are how you love to argue and how much you value intelligence which isnt etactly a INFJ trait, but more of ENTP and INTP, so naturally i see you differently than the INFJ suggests.
I personally see living with another introvert not as hard, quite contrary, i see that as highly desired since both could satisfy their little social need and be alone for a while again easily without much stress.
I might not be emotionally expressive but i certainly can offer unconditional love. Not so sure about showing it though.
That's the thing... you basically picked up the only trait that ISN'T a part of an INFJ that I showed. You'd have to spend a massive amount of time to actually get to know me more than what you just do now - and sadly we haven't talked all that much either.
I'd actually love it more to have an ENTP or ENFP, as I appreciate long relationships with intense dedication and understanding of one another. Sadly, you just pointed out what the problem is with more introverted types "I might not be emotionally expressive...." "Not sure about showing it" - that's the most important part of it all.
Topic Starter
Jordan

Lewder wrote:

Damn, I didn't know Arnold Schwarzenegger was autistic
Lewder

Jordan wrote:

Lewder wrote:

Damn, I didn't know Arnold Schwarzenegger was autistic
you're heavily implying that these aren't bullshit to begin with
Kanye West

kirukashi wrote:

Wow judging from everyone's posts am I seriously the only one here that's extraverted?
I consider myself extroverted. And there were plenty of us on the first page :P
Granger

kirukashi wrote:

Wow judging from everyone's posts am I seriously the only one here that's extraverted?
Extroverts of page one:

BRBP
-LeeP-
Zakkyliar

Kayne West seems to be more inbetween, judging from this:

Kanye West wrote:

Got ENTP, usually get INTP, ENTJ or INTJ
ENTP, ENTJ are extroverted personalities while INTP and INTJ are introverted.
kirueggy
Good to know I'm not alone here

Most of you seem pretty extroverted to me when posting on the forum lol.
Aurani
That's just how most people behave over internet, regardless of personality. That's why judging someone over internet is like trying to poke a cat's anus through a rice sack... good luck hitting it spot on.
XPJ38

Aurani wrote:

That's just how most people behave over internet, regardless of personality. That's why judging someone over internet is like trying to poke a cat's anus through a rice sack... good luck hitting it spot on.
This is one of the most bizarre analogies I've ever seen in my life.
-Seren-

took it twice to make sure

i was an ISTP like last year from that topic i made, tho it also resulted me to being an INTP after retaking after some months later but after retaking it again, it resulted me to being an ISTP again lol
i guess im kinda both types lol
Lewder

-Seren- wrote:

took it twice to make sure

i was an ISTP like last year from that topic i made, tho it also resulted me to being an INTP after retaking after some months later but after retaking it again, it resulted me to being an ISTP again lol
i guess im kinda both types lol
considering i'm on the same boat but with slightly different fluctuation in outcome i retook the test and this time i noticed a few discrepancies in the questions in relation to another myers-briggs type personality test I took on another website, can't remember what website it was but someone linked a screenshot from it somewhere in this thread
this test seems to have slightly modernised ways of presenting the questions (however that is not to say i wasn't fucking stumped on a few of them, too ambiguous and neutral), so in one sense this one might be slightly more accurate than the one i took earlier, not sure where you took your previous test however
Aurani

K0S-M0S wrote:

"Your personality type: INFJ
The INFJ type is believed to be very rare (less than 1 percent of the population)....Meh Whatever -.-
Hail to the INFJ master race.
orza6006

Aurani wrote:

K0S-M0S wrote:

"Your personality type: INFJ
The INFJ type is believed to be very rare (less than 1 percent of the population)....Meh Whatever -.-
Hail to the INFJ master race.
Fitting because Hitler was supposedly an INFJ
Aurani
That's what I was aiming for, lol. It wasn't actually surprising to see him on the list, since I immediately recognised him at the end of the test - when I read the description. Inspiring speeches? Analyzing people? Creative and with a vivid imagination? Rings a bell, definitely.
-Seren-

Lewder wrote:

considering i'm on the same boat but with slightly different fluctuation in outcome i retook the test and this time i noticed a few discrepancies in the questions in relation to another myers-briggs type personality test I took on another website, can't remember what website it was but someone linked a screenshot from it somewhere in this thread
this test seems to have slightly modernised ways of presenting the questions (however that is not to say i wasn't fucking stumped on a few of them, too ambiguous and neutral), so in one sense this one might be slightly more accurate than the one i took earlier, not sure where you took your previous test however
i took my test from here: http://similarminds.com/jung_word_pair.html
i remember after retaking that test some months ago, it resulted me of having a 50/50 between sensing and intuitive tho it resulted me to being an INTP and after some consecutive retakes, it showed the intuitive one is more dominant
and oh,i also remember taking this kind of test some years ago and that one resulted me to being an ISTP
but well, i think can consider myself as being both since i somehow have a good sense of intuition and sensing, and sometimes i can find myself connecting these 2 capabilities either way
DaddyCoolVipper
Hika
Took like two tests and I got ESTJ, so I could go either way based off of my previous post here.

however 2 > 1 so god bless.
Lewder

-Seren- wrote:

Lewder wrote:

i remember after retaking that test some months ago, it resulted me of having a 50/50 between sensing and intuitive tho it resulted me to being an INTP and after some consecutive retakes, it showed the intuitive one is more dominant
and oh,i also remember taking this kind of test some years ago and that one resulted me to being an ISTP
but well, i think can consider myself as being both since i somehow have a good sense of intuition and sensing, and sometimes i can find myself connecting these 2 capabilities either way
I'm fairly certain similarminds is where I took the test some years ago too, actually.
nooph
i'm not an introvert. we should start a club.

Critical Dude
ENFP

They're kind of right ;_;
-Seren-

Lewder wrote:

-Seren- wrote:

I'm fairly certain similarminds is where I took the test some years ago too, actually.
sure that test isnt specific and only concise as it's only making you choose from which of those adjectives describe you the most but it has a good insight nevertheless
anyway, kinda agree that this one seems more accurate than that one; but oh well, as long as your corresponding type is accurate, that's all that matters
Lewder
Actually, the one I took is this one: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
I knew it wasn't that specific test on similarminds, I thought it was another one hosted on their website, my bad.
kirueggy

Nooph wrote:

i'm not an introvert. we should start a club.

Critical Dude wrote:

ENFP

They're kind of right ;_;
Extroverts 4 life :D
Aurani
Don't forget that while introverted, my type is actually quite fond of company and appreciates a good conversation.
kirueggy

Aurani wrote:

Don't forget that while introverted, my type is actually quite fond of company and appreciates a good conversation.
So are you ambiverted?
Aurani
I'm still an introvert, as my energy drains when I'm around people - but unlike other types, I can hold out a veeeeeeeery long time until I have to retreat and "recharge". I've read a similar description on one of the sites too, and was rather shocked to have it confirmed, but I don't remember where I saw it.... I guess I'll have to dig it up tonight.
Lewder
introversion isn't as black and white as you think, aurani, and you're describing it in a way that every introvert is like an autist that gets annoyed as soon as people try to talk to them
Aurani

Lewder wrote:

introversion isn't as black and white as you think, aurani, and you're describing it in a way that every introvert is like an autist that gets annoyed as soon as people try to talk to them
Being an introvert means that your internal energy is the strongest when reflecting and is the weakest when interacting - nothing else. If anything, I'm one of the people who actually knows what it means to be either I or E, unlike most others who generalize and immediately come to retarded conclusions such as "OH being an introvert means that you're automatically a shut-in!".

Also Kiru, here's what I found so far - "While they are introverted, they sometimes seem extroverted at times due to their strong interest in people and society."
Not the one I read a day or two ago, but close enough.
Kaeru
I seem to always get INFP (though the last test said I was INFP and/or INFJ).

kirueggy

Aurani wrote:

Also Kiru, here's what I found so far - "While they are introverted, they sometimes seem extroverted at times due to their strong interest in people and society."
Not the one I read a day or two ago, but close enough.
So TL;DR, introverts aren't just very good at socializing?
show more