forum

Using iOS or Android device as tablet style controller

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Kitty]

[ Flareon ] wrote:

What about the input delay?
The protocol is designed to be specifically for this purpose, so it should be relatively low. If your computer is on WiFi, it'll be even more noticeable than a desktop connected via ethernet. It all depends on your hardware and setup, and it will still be noticeable unless you're using some fancy tricks, like a reverse usb tether. This is about the best that you can get for an android device, though.
daniel3k
Awesome :D I'll be testing it tomorrow right as I get home xD \:D/
doug664
awesome :D it works, feels a bit weird for me, but works :D
Topic Starter
DeadlySin9

Espionage724 wrote:

Splashtop 2 also works nicely: p/2356302

Also, I take it this gives absolute cursor movement, and not relative? If so, that's pretty cool.
Yep, absolute positioning. Also, I never did get Splashtop to work well at all for me on this, and I even have an nVidia card. :P

Gottsmillk wrote:

Doesnt seem to work for me. Running Windows 8.1, ports successfully connect, everything works fine, only problem is that when it connects it only works for about 1 second then disconnects and says on the Android device "Client not reachable". After repeating the process and randomly tapping during the one second it works, it processes and a green dot appears in the TouchProxy program, but the mouse gets stuck there after it disconnects and says "Client not reachable". Having to alt+F4 to exit TouchProxy after that happens.
That reminds me! Android users should either disable their firewall or use this version of the app: https://code.google.com/p/tuiodroid/downloads/detail?name=TUIOdroid-1.1-bin.rar&can=2&q=
It's simply updated to send data even if it doesn't detect a client. I'll update my post with it.

savor de flavor wrote:

ok so i put my LOCAL ip adress and everything i followed all the steps but it still says client not reachable :cry: what am i doing wrong?
Same as above. Disable firewall or use that version.

[ Flareon ] wrote:

What about the input delay?
As [Kitty] said, It's designed to be as low as possible. I run mine on WiFi being upstairs from the router and it works well. You can optionally use a USB tether or personal hotspot between your device and PC to further reduce possible lag.
Gottsmillk
Works fine now, except the cursor wont move when it is on osu!. Doesn't work on either windowed or fullscreen, but it does respond. While osu is up, the TouchProxy app still shows the green cursor moving. However, when i alt+tab to osu and it is the menu that is open, the cursor itself doesnt move, despite the TouchProxy app recieving the signals correctly. Lastly, even if it works, the TUIO app on the Android still says "Client does not respond, might work though". Might be related? Also, I did download the app from the link DeadlySin9 replied with. Still same results.
Topic Starter
DeadlySin9

Gottsmillk wrote:

Works fine now, except the cursor wont move when it is on osu!. Doesn't work on either windowed or fullscreen, but it does respond. While osu is up, the TouchProxy app still shows the green cursor moving. However, when i alt+tab to osu and it is the menu that is open, the cursor itself doesnt move, despite the TouchProxy app recieving the signals correctly. Lastly, even if it works, the TUIO app on the Android still says "Client does not respond, might work though". Might be related? Also, I did download the app from the link DeadlySin9 replied with. Still same results.
Make sure display target is on the correct monitor, enable contacts is checked, and the service is switched on. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to disable the touch service but check your services and installed features if you know you've changed them.
Duder963
Here's a stupid question, does this work for a Kindle Fire (Original one, not a hd or hdx)
Topic Starter
DeadlySin9

Duder963 wrote:

Here's a stupid question, does this work for a Kindle Fire (Original one, not a hd or hdx)
It should work just fine, I'm not sure what android version it's backwards compatible to or what version the Kindle runs but based on the UI of it it's definitely using an older one.
Tang
Is there a way to make it so it uses a smaller area for touch?
Lemozade
That's awesome, is there no way to do that with windows 7? I'm poor and don't have 8. ;-;
SnelHest
I got the app for Android which did not require you to disable your firewall, followed all of the instructions and when I don't run the service I see that it can read my movements on the touch screen. But when I activate the service I can't control the mouse in any way.
The text
"A blocking action was cancelled by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall null packet
listening to TUIO messages at port 3333
A blocking action was cancelled by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall null packet
Starting the Tui-To-vmulti-Device1 service...
The Tui-To-vmulti-Device1 service status is now set to Running
test 8" (I translated a little bit of it from swedish so it might not be 100% the same.)
appears in the log window. I don't know if that is what it's supposed to say.
Anyone have any idea what I can do to make it work?
Topic Starter
DeadlySin9

Lemozade wrote:

That's awesome, is there no way to do that with windows 7? I'm poor and don't have 8. ;-;
You just have to use ecoTUIO instead of TouchProxy and it will work.

awesomedor wrote:

Is there a way to make it so it uses a smaller area for touch?
If you have TouchProxy you can move the edges further out to make it a bit smaller, but unfortunately no. That's why i use my iPod instead of my S4, lol.
m0m_old
this works pretty well
bomboy2121
does it work with mania or takio?
(i know it acts as a mouse)

but is there a way to do it?
TvojaMamka

Gottsmillk wrote:

Exactly the same thing for me.
Kurokotei
Managed to do it with Windows XP, but you have to use TUIOmouse and to activate mouse driver (omg that's so hard with fingers lol)
Baetrus
disabled my fire wall and downloaded that file but on my computer and andriod tablet, but it still wont even connect. i have like 2 programs downloaded touch proxy and eco tuio driver and its not responding to my tablet at all.

keeps saying client not reachable
Baetrus
how do you use "that version" of the app? i downloaded it on my android tablet and nothing else happens. i still get same error
weboo930

Gottsmillk wrote:

Check if the RAW input of the mouse in option is disable. Windows 8.1 will automatically enable this option.

Also, when I switch on touchproxy, that is a wrong resolution.
Always less. And consor can't move around all of the screen.
Yuunee
Interesting! I might try this out with my iPad ^~^
NicoNicoNiii
KK gonna try it thanks! I'll edit this post for feedback..

Works like a charm! Tablet area was too big to play so downloaded a resolution changer (to set a smaller area) and now its perfect!
-NovaMoon-
hai! i tried the tutorial with the android apps and somehow. osu don't recive the input. its working at the desktop just fine but not at osu itself. i use the updated android app and the "TouchProxy" programm.

i tried the tablet option-not working and the raw input, starting as admin, disabling antivir and firewall. dunno what it could be :x
NicoNicoNiii
Looks like touchproxy doesnt work on osu. Try searching for tuio windows 8 there are some other programs may work for you.
-NovaMoon-
the ecotuio driver are working fine for win. 8.1 but it has a huge delay :/ should get a real grapihc tablet.
NicoNicoNiii
It's a little delayed but maybe your device or connection making the delay longer and yes a real graphic tablet would be way more easier and fun than this.
begibegibegi
When i set to Running, it says "A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall null packet"
I turned off my Firewall but it still doesn't work. :( , it can only use in the "live feeback" but not as a mouse.
Phro_old
someone help me pls, i cannot connect as well its says client is unreachable anyone pls help me :c
Mookae
Thanks for providing these! Been using my 4S and a stylus on Win7. It's been very responsive and lag free, though it's my first time using a tablet so I have no real point of reference. Only annoyance is that my hand touches the side of the touch screen sometimes, making Windows think that I'm trying to do a gesture and freezing the cursor, but it isn't hard to work around that.

Also, for those skipping to the end of the thread - if you've set everything up correctly but your computer still isn't responding to your inputs, you'll either need to disable your firewall (which can be risky if you forget to turn it back on afterwards), or create an exception for port 3333. If you want to do the latter on Windows 7, you should:

1. Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall.
2. Select Advanced Settings. (Requires admin rights)
3. Select Inbound Rules on the left of the new window, and then New Rule... on the right.
4. Follow the instructions in the wizard, selecting Port 3333 and UDP. Everything else can be left as is.

The process should be similar in Windows 8, but someone else will have to confirm that for me.
Infernoo
Damgdj_old
How do i uninstall the EcoTUIO drivers? I need help :(
ChiSugoi
Okay, so I did everything correctly. I have EcoTUIODriver set up on Windows 8, and it works and shows that the tablet is responding, it shows the dot when I stop the service. My firewall is down also, and it works fine. But I can't figure out how to use it as my mouse? Once I turn on the service, I try to tap on my tablet and use it as the mouse but nothing happens. Nothing happens when I open osu either.. I also have disabled all the click options other than single click, and I have enabled the tablet pc thing but nothing is happening.
Mookae
Make sure raw input is disabled, otherwise I'm not sure what could be causing it.
PrinceEchizen
Omg it works! :)
EnELRaD5_19
will this work on windows xp??
Zzyxz_O_Bot
Why is every thing over wifi you people know what cables are right? Is there a way to use this without wifi?
Gumpy

Zzyxz_O_Bot wrote:

Why is every thing over wifi you people know what cables are right? Is there a way to use this without wifi?
No because mouse is better than trying too do this.
Tokohiko
I'm having a problem as well. Whenever I try to connect my iPad, it gives me WSACancelBlockingCall error. Furthermore, when I disable my Firewall and connecting the iPad actually WORKS, the Osu! cursor won't even move, even with OSTablet Support on.
suix
TURN RAW INPUT OFF.
integralfx
I got it to work... finally.
I have a HTC One M8 (Android 5" phone - Yes, I'm playing osu! using a phone :D) and am using TUIO 1.1 on my phone and EcoTUIO on my Win 8.1 PC.
Works perfect. No lag.
Hope this helps revive the thread :)
Jenny
Any way to project the image onto the device aswell or is it basically just a pen tablet replacement?

SnelHest wrote:

I got the app for Android which did not require you to disable your firewall, followed all of the instructions and when I don't run the service I see that it can read my movements on the touch screen. But when I activate the service I can't control the mouse in any way.
The text
"A blocking action was cancelled by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall null packet
listening to TUIO messages at port 3333
A blocking action was cancelled by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall null packet
Starting the Tui-To-vmulti-Device1 service...
The Tui-To-vmulti-Device1 service status is now set to Running
test 8" (I translated a little bit of it from swedish so it might not be 100% the same.)
appears in the log window. I don't know if that is what it's supposed to say.
Anyone have any idea what I can do to make it work?
^also, this, though I am trying it via iOS on win7
show more