forum

Long animes or short?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Revy-
I personally like the ones with 12 episodes. Cuz then i can finish it quickly and watch another one :D
wzz_old

osuAzpey wrote:

I personally like the ones with 12 episodes. Cuz then i can finish it quickly and watch another one :D
Same here, also prefer 3 minute episodes cuz they usually are fast-paced so that I wouldn't get bored.
silmarilen
usually i find longer anime have better stories, but if they get too long it just becomes a drag.
BrokenArrow
23-26 episodes, everything else is trash-tier
Lewder
if an anime has over 30 episodes in a season it's automatically labeled shit
imaginarywriter
For me is 12-25. But most animes I get are around 12 episodes.
Toyface
Around 26 episodes, unless it's really good then i want more >.>
rezac_old
I don't really mind the length.
kirueggy
12 episodes like most anime nowadays make me sad.
5 billion episodes like One Piece just piss me off.

The "sweet spot" for me is two seasons + OVAs, unless I really like the anime then TAKE MY MONEY
Mogsy

Lewder wrote:

if an anime has over 30 episodes in a season it's automatically labeled shit
Space Brothers would like to have a word with you

rezac wrote:

Same here, as long as the story they're telling fits the number of episodes.
piruchan

rezac wrote:

Unless it goes as long as One Piece and Naruto.
kirueggy

piruchan wrote:

rezac wrote:

Unless it goes as long as One Piece and Naruto.
yes, with that it just classifies as absolute shit that shouldn't be worth your time
AutoMedic
Short ones

I dont wanna waste time watching all 600+ episodes of One Piece. Also its a waste of cash to buy al BluRays of it
Navizel
Depends, really. Some anime is good enough with only 12-13 episodes while some really needs to be 24-26 episodes. Two seasons with 12 episodes each works sometimes.

also, adding the letter "s" on japanese words just to make it look plural really irritates me.
Rio-
I think I'm good with most of short animes (12-13 or 24-26)... but for the long animes, if Their story is good than It's good for Me
Justykanna

Navizel wrote:

also, adding the letter "s" on japanese words just to make it look plural really irritates me.
Lol, same here.

Anyways.
I personally like ones that hover around the 25 mark - if the anime has content to make it good enough.
Making an anime longer just to put some boring filler in isn't worth it. Quality > Quantity. Number of episodes in an anime doesn't really factor into how much I like an anime.

Mind you, my top anime are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Gundam 00, Sword Art Online and Soul Eater, all but one with at least 50 episodes, lol.
naliem
13-26 episodes. I like them more because of I think the long ones are too slow.

Maybe 50-60 episodes is right, like Clannad or Code Geass, but not more.
DahplA
20-30

Just so I can get a good hit out of it :)
Topic Starter
Revy-

Navizel wrote:

Depends, really. Some anime is good enough with only 12-13 episodes while some really needs to be 24-26 episodes. Two seasons with 12 episodes each works sometimes.

Then stop going into my threads
FlyingNeko
3 episodes min and 26 episodes max.
500 episodes? Ew
Witch Mercy
The only long anime I'm fine with is Inuyasha.
I haven't watched any anime that consists of more than ~20 episodes max in a while.
I always end up getting lazy and give up...
Navizel

osuAzpey wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Then stop going into my threads
You don't tell me what to do. I can see it anyway just by going to OC.
Taadashi
If it's going to be long, it better be worth my time watching it tbh.
Sapphiire_old_1
Yeah also 12-25 for me , i do watch some 100+ but it need to catch my intrest around the 5th episode mark ore else i wil drop it
RedRain
kirueggy
no damn budget cuts
lunarblue
like another ppl..

12 to 26
kagaminelenz
same by me :3
12-26 episode per season. 50 is okay, but must have an unusual and good plot with good design and splitted for several season
50+ in one season. Meh. Hate them, because I'm the marathon type watcher
Julie
It also depend, I love 12-13 or 25-26 (if is a really good anime) episodes....but I always feel empty when a really good show end T^T...
Or when a short anime end with a super crappy ending or end without even completing the story (mahou sensou, one of the new anime that didn't even finish or announce a S2...just hated this kind of ending)

But if it come to my favorite anime and stuff, I will wish a 50 episodes long without cutting to S1 and S2, like the new Fate/Stay Night 2014 coming out, I'm hoping it wont cut into season like F/Z and making all their fan wait so badly for S2, since they already waited so badly for a remake <3 (Still hoping is HF's route, but with the trailer I don't think so anymore...).
yxn
I prefer ~24 episodes but if it's a top tier anime then I don't mind up to ~72 episodes.
Granger
I prefer 1-2 seasons for my animu, thats about 12-24 espiodes, not counting OVA.

The really long ones like One Piece progress way too slow, i watched One Piece for a while just to see when they're finally gonna escape that one simple port, took like 8 espiodes where you could have easily put it into 2 espiodes. Also their animations and art style are really sub par and with a lot of recycled animations. But hey, thats massproduction for you.
I dont get how people can enjoy these, if it were your averange anime it would get horrible ratings because this...
Sethlied
I personally prefer 52 episodes like Kaiji but if it's complete shit and doesn't have a plot, 13 episodes.
show more