forum

Nintendo Wii and DS online services discontinued

posted
Total Posts
show more
mm201

Azure_Kite wrote:

mm201 wrote:

If only we could somehow convince Nintendo to release their SSL key and direct their DNS to a fan server.
Doesn't pretty much every game's interface with Nintendo WiFi Connection differ depending on developer whims? I am assuming that considering the GTS in the pokemon titles connects to WFC, and there are numerous DNS bypasses for that, that there are differences in online security between titles. If Nintendo were using a global SSL key to do that, then we wouldn't have the GTShax, right?
The authentication (friend codes and the like) is shared between games. GTS hax will also stop working when NWFC goes dark.
Azure_Kite
Ah, Eye sea
Trash Boat
heres a countdown timer. correct it if its innaccurate

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge ... sz=1&swk=1
kirueggy
What is the good side to any of this, are you stupid Nintendo
deadbeat

kirukashi wrote:

What is the good side to any of this, are you stupid Nintendo
seriously...did you read ANYTHING in this thread :/
Critical Dude
So, should we say farewell to these consoles?
AutoMedic
This ain't funny anymore Nintendo.

Stop acting like EA you greedy dickheads
Azure_Kite

Sonatora wrote:

Well, to be fair, this a service for an obsoleted console that has been around for 10 years now.

To put it in perspective,the Xbox Live service for the original Xbox was discontinued in 2010, having been alive and (sort of) kicking for 8 years. It's not as though these sorts of things can and should continue forever, you know.
AutoMedic

Azure_Kite wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

Well, to be fair, this a service for an obsoleted console that has been around for 10 years now.

To put it in perspective,the Xbox Live service for the original Xbox was discontinued in 2010, having been alive and (sort of) kicking for 8 years. It's not as though these sorts of things can and should continue forever, you know.
You have a point tho'

To be honest, Nintendo's kinda low on financial resources right now

I'm still cancelling my plans to buy games for Nintendo. This is pretty bad in my perspective
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Hope you got your final moments in.
kirueggy
shedtear 1
AutoMedic
cries...
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
RIP Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection...
skyllzhogo
but how many people got the DS wifi connection to work? for some reason it never worked for me...

however i'm disappointed that it's gone for the Wii
DerekMcD
I know the games are fun to play and I enjoyed then but, I'll just plan of selling my DS games that Supports WFC away.
Chamelo

skyllzhogo wrote:

but how many people got the DS wifi connection to work?
It's kind of using the old wifi version, which, most of us already changed to the better one.
cmiiw
Trash Boat
pls lock
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
No, because I'm waiting on something.
Trash Boat
oh yeah forgot this: Games For Windows LIVE is still active though, or not?
mm201
Trash Boat
but you must "chip" your Wii in order to do that? no thx
Critical Dude
Rip Nintendo Wii and DS online services!
Rip this thread!

I wrote a poem because of this ._.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

http://www.altwfc.net/
And this was what I was waiting on :P (Rather, any link that's a fake NWFC.)
kirueggy
Wow someone already made an alternate NWFC
Trash Boat
its kinda risky, but its possible to install the Homebrew channel without "chipping" or "flashing" your wii? Hope is the last thing one should lose
_sparky_
that really is sad :/

i still have a wiii and only few use it

but ssbb T-T
Blaziken

Trash Boat wrote:

its kinda risky, but its possible to install the Homebrew channel without "chipping" or "flashing" your wii? Hope is the last thing one should lose
All you need is an SD card and a MAC code which you can obtain in the wii and can be done in 5 minutes of pressing the 2 button repeatedly.
Trash Boat
im trying this already, it could connect but there's nobody. besides, i think the instructions changed a bit since the last time i checked, am i right?
mm201
There aren't very many players on at a time unfortunately. You'll basically need to arrange a match with friends or try asking around in their chat room, #altwfc on rizon.
There are also some bugs in their server and it goes down occasionally.