forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
mockingod
Have you tried changing out the battery or cable? My tablet seems fine so far, and it was from one of the very first batches. It (very rarely) will 'die' out for a few milliseconds and causes me to mess up in a song. It isn't enough to make me super mad, and I'm pretty sure it's due to my cable being a bit faulty. I'm also thinking it might be the battery in the pen maybe somehow jiggling out of place momentarily.

I'd suggest trying a different cable first, though. The first cable I had, that came with the tablet, would give the tablet power only if it was in a certain position, then would disconnect if I tried doing anything. I snipped the cable and cut out which part I thought was bad (I jiggled my wire a lot and saw that if I jiggled this certain section it would disconnect/connect) and taped the wires inside back together and it worked perfectly fine (though it would disconnect if any of the wires touched each other. Understandable). Of course this was only a temporary fix until I got a replacement cable.
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

Have you tried changing out the battery or cable? My tablet seems fine so far, and it was from one of the very first batches. It (very rarely) will 'die' out for a few milliseconds and causes me to mess up in a song. It isn't enough to make me super mad, and I'm pretty sure it's due to my cable being a bit faulty. I'm also thinking it might be the battery in the pen maybe somehow jiggling out of place momentarily.

I'd suggest trying a different cable first, though. The first cable I had, that came with the tablet, would give the tablet power only if it was in a certain position, then would disconnect if I tried doing anything. I snipped the cable and cut out which part I thought was bad (I jiggled my wire a lot and saw that if I jiggled this certain section it would disconnect/connect) and taped the wires inside back together and it worked perfectly fine (though it would disconnect if any of the wires touched each other. Understandable). Of course this was only a temporary fix until I got a replacement cable.
What's a good replacement cable for this tablet? It's been working fine all this time, but today when i connected it to my laptop it didn't turn on at all. I'm on Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64. After updating it still worked fine, I've tried it, so it can't be a compatibility issue. i've switched the battery too and nothing. And i actually have the same problem you used to have.

Oh, and i forgot to mention, yes i have tried putting it in certain positions so it can work and I tried reinstalling the drivers. Nothing came out of those two.
mockingod
Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
DeamonHunter

mockingod wrote:

Your problem sounds much like mine. However, mine would blink a few times when I plugged it in, then stop working.

I believe the type of cable that the tablet uses is called a USB A to Micro B cable. You can find these on google and such, but a lot of things use these cables; I believe some cameras and cell phone chargers use these cables, so you may want to check your drawer full of cables if you have one.

If it still doesn't work, then you might have either found another cable that was broken or your tablet is out of commission.
Not necessarily.

Recently I've had a few issues, generally when moving the tablet. The tablet stop responding and either needs one of two things, 1. Take out usb port long enough for driver to stop or 2. Restart comp cause driver won't stop. However these are minor, and the tablet works fine anyway.

After looking at this thread earlier, I thought to try and see if a random USB to Micro USB cable would work, however it did not. It would receive power but not respond. It may still be a good thing to try if the cable has gone entirely.
ErunamoJAZZ
or.. is a pen issue... maybe...
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

I had this too! Hopefully it's just a cable issue. Thanks! ^^
DeamonHunter
Ok, well I have another problem now.
I just had my pen nib jammed up into my pen (Probably due to moving it around, car trips etc). So I had to take time to try and get it out. Upon getting it out and replacing it with another nib, I tried it out. My tablet was then recognising clicks when the pen was half a centimeter(not the full distance that it can detect) away from the tablet. This made it extremely difficult to do anything. It still did this after removing the nib.

After deliberating for a bit, I managed to get it down to about 2-4mm. But I am wondering whether or not this can be fixed, or will I need a new pen to fix this.
Myrmeleo

DeamonHunter11 wrote:

Ok, well I have another problem now.
I just had my pen nib jammed up into my pen (Probably due to moving it around, car trips etc). So I had to take time to try and get it out. Upon getting it out and replacing it with another nib, I tried it out. My tablet was then recognising clicks when the pen was half a centimeter(not the full distance that it can detect) away from the tablet. This made it extremely difficult to do anything. It still did this after removing the nib.

After deliberating for a bit, I managed to get it down to about 2-4mm. But I am wondering whether or not this can be fixed, or will I need a new pen to fix this.
I've managed to do this before, but mine was worse. I ended up just shaking the heck out of the pen till everything got re aligned, and it started working perfectly.

However, on my previous problem, I switched out the battery, and it seemed to have gotten worse. Next bet is to try and switch out the cable.
Espionage724

On my tablet, I noticed that I have a ton of scratches all focused in an area that's basically towards the middle-right of the tablet's drawing area. Anyone else have such a thing happening?

It's not a (huge) problem, I just found it kind of interesting.
Otsutsuki_old

Espionage724 wrote:

On my tablet, I noticed that I have a ton of scratches all focused in an area that's basically towards the middle-right of the tablet's drawing area. Anyone else have such a thing happening?

It's not a (huge) problem, I just found it kind of interesting.
you can just hover or get the cover for it...
ShiraiiiKuroko

mockingod wrote:

I got the cable you recommended me, it wasn't it.

It's actually a USB A to Mini B Cable.
It fits the tablet and now it works perfectly.
You should fix that small mistake.

Also, just in case anybody is wondering, i bought this cable:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9I ... UTF8&psc=1
Cheap but it works.
mockingod
Sorry, I realized I posted the wrong thing a bit after, and couldnt get to changing it because I had a trip to attend.
thedarkjack
aaaand the usb cable broke. other than that it's a nice tablet though. just seems like the cable is complete trash.
peppy
Were you moving the device around a lot and/or plugging it in a lot? I haven't had any issues with the few I've had floating around the office here, so am a bit surprised. At least it's a very easy part to replace.
Vuelo Eluko
Fragile cables seem to be a thematic thing for graphic tablets. Wacom Bamboo's all have the same fault. I guess noone ever thinks they need to be tougher and so they're all cell phone charging wire levels of durable.
thedarkjack

peppy wrote:

Were you moving the device around a lot and/or plugging it in a lot? I haven't had any issues with the few I've had floating around the office here, so am a bit surprised. At least it's a very easy part to replace.

nope. always handled the cable with care, never plugged it out. apparently it broke very near to the mini b plug. if I move the cable around that area the tablet "works" again. and by "works" I mean it stops working as soon as the cable moves :)

I'll just get a new cable. not a big deal.
Catgirl
I can also vouch for the cable also not being as sturdy as I had hoped. The cable will not stay connected in my laptop's right-side USB port (which is admittedly loose, but anything else I plug in there works fine), but it works fine in the two on the other side. Thankfully the cord is long enough so I can wrap it around to the other side and still play comfortably.
InvalidName
The usb cable doesn't work if I coil it, but it works fine once I wrap it around my laptop.
shavit
I lost my nib, then I found out my mother threw my replacements because she thought it's trash -_-
peppy
Please send me an email to pe@ppy.sh and I can provide some more nibs.
BrotatoSalad
Hey I would just like to apologize first for posting here. I was wondering if it usually takes this long to restock. For the past 10 days I've been constantly checking the tablet sales site and the tablet thead for any news. I saw that it went sold out in an hour last time so I don't want to miss it this time.
I suggest you should change the status of this to sold out at least like last time http://osu.ppy.sh/p/tablet

The other thread was locked and you said not to contact you through email so I didn't know where else to ask. Sorry!
Gumica
You're looking on the wrong site..

https://store.ppy.sh/
BrotatoSalad

Gumica wrote:

I know. But if you check, its been out of stock for 10 days. And I've been checking the forums for news.

Edit: Sorry to clarify. If you check the main osu!tablet thread. There's a part where he says "Waiting for first batch to finish sending, watch this page.." and that's the page that usually says if they're in stock right now. It looks like it's in stock right now because there's a purchase option but when you go to the site, it's always out of stock. I havn't heard anything for 10 days so I just wanted to know the progress of everything. I'm getting a little tired checking multiple times a day for 10 days :(
shavit

peppy wrote:

Please send me an email to pe@ppy.sh and I can provide some more nibs.
Thanks, I mailed you ;)
FatFan epYa
yeah I'm also checking every day, hope it will be avaible again soon :/
KinkiN

BrotatoSalad wrote:

Gumica wrote:

I know. But if you check, its been out of stock for 10 days. And I've been checking the forums for news.

Edit: Sorry to clarify. If you check the main osu!tablet thread. There's a part where he says "Waiting for first batch to finish sending, watch this page.." and that's the page that usually says if they're in stock right now. It looks like it's in stock right now because there's a purchase option but when you go to the site, it's always out of stock. I havn't heard anything for 10 days so I just wanted to know the progress of everything. I'm getting a little tired checking multiple times a day for 10 days :(
some of the others waited for months, so please be patient. and the first 100 haven't been done shipped, so i think you will have to wait a little longer for other 100 :D

also yeah, this is not the right place :P
SniperJoe
So who knows how many tablets have been shipped presently?
peppy
about 80 i believe. yes it's slow. yes i am following up to the best of my ability. yes i am dissatisfied but unfortunately have little control over it right now.

please invent cloning and i will solve all your problems.
Lexxington
So I just got the 420 from amazon and Ive been pulling my hair out for the past 2 hours. I plugged it in thinking it would just start working but I saw I had to install drivers. I installed them from the CD but the tablet still wasnt picked up. I went to the website and downloaded the drivers off there and still it didnt work. I deleted the old ones everytime I reinstalled them and rebooted the computer every time. A program names "Graphics Tablet (64x)" would open up on my bar but nothing would show up on my screen. Id click it and then I would get that its not responding. I dont know if thats something important but I went along and rebooted anyways. I went into my programs and found Plaunch.exe but when I click it nothing happens. Another thing is the cable I got the tablet with doesnt do anything. I plug it in and the lights dont flash but when I use one I had laying around a green light starts to blink over and over again I dont know what that is.
peppy
this is an osu!tablet thread. you may want to post in tech support. I can confirm that drivers are not necessary.
Lexxington
Sorry about that I'll do so
depown
if i havn't got an email yet does that mean my osu tablet hasn't been shipped yet ?
NicoRinz
So when can we start pre ordering the tab ?
SniperJoe
So now you gonna deal with remaining tablets which were ordered on 6th or with tablets what is being ordered today?
depown
he already shipped the other ones or atleast more then 80 of them :-)
SniperJoe

depown wrote:

he already shipped the other ones or atleast more then 80 of them :-)
He shipped about 100 tablets, but many more of them were ordered on 6th. For example, my number is 221.
Blizzart
That's sad.. Today I was amazed when I see I could buy one and grabbed my bank card but unfortunately, sigh so then I got to receive the the hurtful message; your bank doesn't accept Paypal..

I rushed to seek everyplace that can sell PayPal connected cards or ready-to-use cards, I got one at last, and added the money inside of it.
Wheeew I'm home.. And it's already out of stock...

Any information about next stock refreshment?
AlphaCentauri

SniperJoe wrote:

He shipped about 100 tablets, but many more of them were ordered on 6th. For example, my number is 221.
I'm pretty sure you're looking at your order number. I am not aware of any way to see which number tablet you have ordered.
Vuelo Eluko
dang these things disappear fast
poor peppy cant keep the supply up to the demand
needs a logistics department
joebn123
Haha yeah, I check the page every day when i come home from school, but they are always gone by that time :P
show more