The PC officially died today

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Pokebis
Nope.
Loginer
Leaked screens and videos of revolutionary Microsoft tablet: "Meh, it looks neat."
Oversized iPhone announced: "IT'S OVER DESKTOPS ARE FINISHED"

Apple can release anything and people will just mindlessly praise it, no matter how useless it is.
In other news, /g/ is in rage mode right now.
Neo@lex
'k
I was actually considering getting one until jesus christ it's just a fucking low-spec tablet PC running a phone's OS.
Gabi
can it be used as a frisbee?
anonymous_old
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

neo@lex wrote:

phone's OS.
iLinuxBoxSquareThingy.

GO!
Ekaru
I'll stick with my mom's Palm TX, thanks. Seriously, I wish I had a Palm TX, and I'd definitely use it over this... THING! Aren't there better Tablet PCs already out there anyways?
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Detective Tuesday

Loginer wrote:

(you need to pay $120 extra for Wi-Fi).
Wi-Fi comes standard. 120 extra for 3G.
Loginer
My bad. The prices are still ridiculous, though.

Ph0X
I personally call BS on the 10hour battery life. Any laptop can run a maximum of what, 2-3 hours? No way a little thing like this with a huge monitor can run 10hours straight.

Loginer wrote:

Apple can release anything and people will just mindlessly praise it, no matter how useless it is.
Reminds me of that old old onion video:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/a ... olutionary

@ 1:35
Loginer

Ph0X wrote:

I personally call BS on the 10hour battery life. Any laptop can run a maximum of what, 2-3 hours? No way a little thing like this with a huge monitor can run 10hours straight.
Many modern netbooks have about 7-8 hours of battery life, so 10 hours isn't that much of a stretch.

Ph0X wrote:

Reminds me of that old old onion video:
"Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard"
Uhh...
Ph0X
"Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard"
Uhh...
@1:35: "I'll buy almost anything that's shiny and made by apple.."

Also:

and

I saw a list of shit it probably was not going to have (as always, most people don't see these big fails in apple products)
might not have flash (like iphone/itouch?)
No HDMI/HD output
no multi tasking (like iphone/itouch)
No camera/webcam
Cuddlebun
a little off-topic but I thought the iphone has a camera; my friend has an iphone and he's taken pictures with it pretty sure
Ph0X
I phone had a camera, and for two years it didn't even do video (even shitty 100$ phones can record videos).
They only recently added it in the latest version.

But yea, no far from all the info they gave, there was no information whatsoever about any camera. doesn't even have usb or anything IIRC. So it's pretty much as useful as an iphone, but bigger.

If atleast it had all the laptop stuff, then it might of been kinda cool, but it pretty much only does web/video

more shitpix for the heck of it~
0_o
it's pretty sexy though
Mogsy
That's the only thing Apple products have going for them IMO.
Detective Tuesday

Loginer wrote:

My bad. The prices are still ridiculous, though.

For sure. And I couldn't help but feel cheated if I didn't get 3G. The draw of this is portability, after all.

I'm gonna wait to see what's in store for the 2nd gen (let's get a webcam... and a TV or something) iPad. Once the price on these drop a couple hundred, I'll consider grabbing one myself. It's a dope concept, and what it does well will ultimately outweigh any discontent for what it doesn't do. Of course this isn't killing PCs anytime soon. Who knows though, after a couple generations shit could get wild.

Oh, and osu! will be fun on iPad.
Ph0X
Well, look at it this way. An iphone costs what, 600$ without a plan?
And if you look at it as a mini laptop, laptops don't have 3g

So yea, compared to the iphone, it's a pretty good price imo.
show more