forum

Question about Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ernestobesto
I have seen some people streaming and some videos on youtube looks like all the people who are really good at the game are using tablet, is it really better or just coincidence? what you guys think?
Vuelo Eluko
better
deletemyaccount
tablet is not better, just easier.

Mouse is just as good as tablet with practice, it is personal preference.
GenoClysm
better
Vuelo Eluko

Philantropist wrote:

tablet is not better, just easier.

Mouse is just as good as tablet with practice, it is personal preference.
so in other words you can get farther faster with a tablet

aka better.
Ayesha Altugle

dkun wrote:

If you have any questions about how the game works, scores, play-styles (TABLETS/MICE/ETC), please post in Gameplay & Rankings.
Naywils
I have used both its not better its just more convenient with a tablet you just imagine your screen on your pad just makes it a little easier.
shizennn_old
Today I picked up a Huion tablet, I've only used it for a couple of hours and I can already tell I've improved, and still am, I'm not the best OSU player in the world, but I would definitely take mouse over tablet :lol:
Topic Starter
ernestobesto
Thanks for the answers guys.

Just wanted to ask one more thing, I have been searching tablets and seems to be lots of different models and prices, how much costs a good/decent tablet?
[ Stellar ]
A good, average, decent one would be the Huion 420; Cheap and works average.
If you have money to blow, then go with the Wacom Intuos; pricy and works great.
Topic Starter
ernestobesto

[ Stellar ] wrote:

A good, average, decent one would be the Huion 420; Cheap and works average.
If you have money to blow, then go with the Wacom Intuos; pricy and works great.
Are those too different or pretty much the same? I sorry I dont know anything about tablets =/

EDIT: which Wacom Intuous model is the recommended? I am having trouble to find Huion tablets on my country and the shipping is expensive.
[ Stellar ]
The huion tablet needs a battery to use the pen, while the wacom doesn't need one. Also, wacom's are generally bigger in size.
I would recommend the wacom intuos pen (CTL-480)l; It's a perfect tablet for someone who's new to one.
Hulmy
A lot easier.

For what's it worth, I went up 20,000+ ranks in 2-3 days by using a tablet.
Naywils

Hulmy wrote:

A lot easier.

For what's it worth, I went up 20,000+ ranks in 2-3 days by using a tablet.
When i got mine i did too i was like 300k now im like 57k :P
Topic Starter
ernestobesto
Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate the help.

So Wacom CTL 480 is a good choice?
AutoMedic
Tablet makes gameplay easier,

But i prefer to use my mouse my poor osu!tablet
Maz
#PeaChick uses a mouse, I think. If not,
#FunOrange

Anyways, I haven't used both, but I would say tablet would be a better option. I personally won't switch because cash is part of it, but if I could I would. I've gotten to the top 3% of osu with my mouse, so hey, anything is possible.
Aurani

ernestobesto wrote:

Well, it is all personal preference, as the mouse can yield the same results your tablet can, but a tablet is by far more convenient due to its shape and how your own brain processes information, so I'd say with a tablet you'll be able to easier hone your skills to near-perfection than with a mouse.

As for the CTL480, I have a similar model and it works like a charm. It's cheap as living hell too (I think about 70 bucks on Amazon), and very user-friendly for beginners.

If you have some serious problem with holding cash in your pockets, consider a high-end one (900$ and upwards) just for the heck of it. It doesn't do much towards your precision as far as I've noticed from my own experience, but some people just love to show off to their friends or watchers if they're streaming.

Hope that helped mate.
VictorsSecret

ernestobesto wrote:

I own the Wacom CTL-480 and it works like a charm so I would personally recommend it, however it took me a while to get used to it because it's totally different from using a mouse, but once you get used to it you won't want to use your mouse for playing osu again :D
RedRain