forum

Efficient/Fun way to get pp ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seyren Delicia
Hi i play this game for a while and I hate trying to get fc at something, i always play multi/unranked maps the few times i played solo it was because of my poor internet connection, I can read ar10.3 but when i try to fc a miserable ar9 map i miss something in like 10 seconds of gameplay and if this happens 3 times in a row i quit osu because i get mad.. so theres is a healthy way to get pp ? Im tired of ppl saying that my rank doesnt match with my skills thank you all for the attention
dung eater
Play more. Play stuff that is fun and isn't easy to fc. When you get near full combo in those not so easy and fun maps, your will get that pp while having fun. As for being efficient, the best way is to just improve and the pp will come to you. Trying to get pp without trying to improve/practicing will just frustrate you.
xasuma
humm.. relax?

Is not life or death if you miss a few notes. If you really cant take it (which i dont believe) , play stuff that is so easy for you that you dont miss, but then it would be boring imo.

it really depends on you, what do you find fun? challenging yourself or getting ss on everything? whichever it is, do that. You ll get pp eventually.
Pengua
Just play what you want to; as long as it's ranked, you'll get pp eventually. I barely have any fc's and still manage a decent rank.
Karuta-_old_1

Seyrenn wrote:

Im tired of ppl saying that my rank doesnt match with my skills thank you all for the attention
pick the maps you are good at and show em who's boss

if you mean you are too good then unfortunately you have to keep retrying a map until you get an FC

If you want a fun & efficient way, just go to multiplayers and look for someone with rank closer or above you. That way you will really go all out to beat others instead of being stuck FCing song in solo

I am rank 7k and I fail in hidden mod because I play no mods all the time
Kukuthemoogle
I find that playing dt is pretty fun, but if you don't enjoy playing harder maps because you're not fcing them just try to play an easier difficulty for a bit..
aizhid

jaaakb wrote:

Play more. Play stuff that is fun and isn't easy to fc. When you get near full combo in those not so easy and fun maps, your will get that pp while having fun. As for being efficient, the best way is to just improve and the pp will come to you. Trying to get pp without trying to improve/practicing will just frustrate you.
this is the truth. If you can't FC a map after 50 tries, then you don't have the skill needed.
nooblet

Seyrenn wrote:

I hate trying to get fc at something
If you hate FCing you'll never get PP. Whether you like it or not, combo plays a huge role in the amount of PP you get from each performance.

Seyrenn wrote:

I can read ar10.3 but when i try to fc a miserable ar9 map i miss something in like 10 seconds of gameplay and if this happens 3 times in a row i quit osu because i get mad
Sorry for doubting you, but I really doubt you'd do better on an AR9 map with DT than without, since most AR9's are at least [Insane] if not higher. Missing a lot just means the map is too hard for your at the moment, play something within your capabilities.

Efficient/Fun way: First of all you need to combo. Now with that outta the way, find something that makes you happy to see when you get a score. For example, perhaps you enjoy streaming and you're good at it (not mashing), then you'd find stream maps you can do and BAM when you FC one you feel good. Or perhaps you enjoy DTing stuff, then play DT's that you can FC and BAM, when you finish you feel awesome. For me, it'd be a high accuracy on pretty much anything [Insane] and up. Do this for the hardest maps you can FC, and that's how you get PP.
ryza

aizhid wrote:

this is the truth. If you can't FC a map after 50 tries, then you don't have the skill needed.

110% wrong
Noobsicle
just download a lot of beatmaps, type ar=8 or ar=9 in the search in-game, F2 and play maps
not sure if its efficient but it's how i've gained pp (well up to now anyways, along with some dt scores on ar8 maps)
work on tv-size maps first, since most of them have similar mapping styles

don't bother with dting songs if you're not confident with ar9
also don't overthink when playing, stop giving a shit about scores and try to just hit every circle