forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
[BAR] Rei
Sh*t. You got talent. You're better than me, and I've been here 12 times longer than you. (not saying that I'm an exceptionally good player, just that you caught up really fast, and in a small number of plays)
Vuelo Eluko

THE_GH0ST wrote:

Sh*t. You got talent. You're better than me, and I've been here 12 times longer than you. (not saying that I'm an exceptionally good player, just that you caught up really fast, and in a small number of plays)
but not 12 times as much
theLiminator

WAVEDASH wrote:

Why is everyone hating on this guy so much? For the number of plays he has he's doing great.
The reason isn't because he's not doing great, yeah, he's doing pretty well for how much he's played. But he's made claims that are frankly impossible, and he's basically said that no one has reached cookiezi's level because they aren't trying hard enough. That's pretty insulting to the people that have grinded out 100000+ games. He's claiming that he can reach that kind of level in about a year. That's just being plain cocky.
NinjaNick
I feel like everyone is hating on him because the people that are working so hard to try and reach that level aren't doing as good as they hoped, so now when someone new comes along they bash him for even trying to reach what they are working so hard for. If he wants to set a goal, let him be. As a wise man once said; if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.
mcdoomfrag

NinjaNick wrote:

I feel like everyone is hating on him because the people that are working so hard to try and reach that level aren't doing as good as they hoped, so now when someone new comes along they bash him for even trying to reach what they are working so hard for. If he wants to set a goal, let him be. As a wise man once said; if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.
Nobody was bashing the guy for trying. Everyone was just telling him to get realistic, I dont understand why people are defending him.

Woobowi wrote:

People please, you're all just a bit too humble with yourselves don't you think?
Taking years to reach Cookiezi level? I doubt that.
I want to show others just how capable the human mind and body is if they believe in themselves enough.
Of course people are going to retaliate when he makes so many wild claims. It's basically a big ol' f*ck you to players like rrtyui and wubwoofwolf, who supposedly are only sub-par to Cookiezi because they don't "believe in themselves".
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
That never really occurred to me (which is really strange because now that I re-read it, I see what you mean).

That statement was out of line and offensive to those at the top and I apologize to those offended......but I'm dead serious on my goal, no matter how cocky you view me.
ilikepudge
Gl you can do it!!!
B1rd
I think maybe you should keep in mind that pretty much everyone in this game and on the forums has goals in osu!, and a lot of them work very hard as well to achieve it. That's why not everyone is going to appreciate someone making a thread with not much purpose other than drawing attention to themselves and their goals.
ivan

B1rd wrote:

I think maybe you should keep in mind that pretty much everyone in this game and on the forums has goals in osu!, and a lot of them work very hard as well to achieve it. That's why not everyone is going to appreciate someone making a thread with not much purpose other than drawing attention to themselves and their goals.
Exactly this. EVERYONE has a goal in this game like said above. Making a thread on yourself and your goal when everyone pretty much has the same goal will get some people that will hate on it. Why? Because it's annoying. I personally don't mind about your goal and I hope you reach it. But the amount of hate you recieve is predictable since you created a thread on yourself and like again when everybody pretty much has the same goal.
JMC
good luck...
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

JMC wrote:

good luck...
Soon™ ..... " \:D/"
Blueprint
Good luck sir you can do it
encryptik
I think we can safely say he has the patience...

holy shit
Pettanko
Good luck on your journey, but if we're being realistic there's pretty much almost no chance for anyone to go from scrub to cookiezi tier without a couple years at the least unless that person picked up this game with a head-start, like maybe years of experience playing stepmania or some shit like having superhuman fingers.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Pettanko wrote:

Good luck on your journey, but if we're being realistic there's pretty much almost no chance for anyone to go from scrub to cookiezi tier without a couple years at the least unless that person picked up this game with a head-start, like maybe years of experience playing stepmania or some shit like having superhuman fingers.
I was rank 97 when I quit "Feel the Beats", which is basically osu!mania, but with a smaller playerbase
smallfry

Woobowiz wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

I was rank 97 when I quit "Feel the Beats", which is basically osu!mania, but with a smaller playerbase
A smaller playerbase than osu!mania?
Well shit
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Raujika wrote:

A smaller playerbase than osu!mania?
Well shit
Around 5000 players, I logged in just to see how far I feel, still rank 100, so it's not that impressive :/
S u k i
i like how you have set yourself a crazy goal and you're documenting your journey i really look forward to your updates, just found out i started playing osu at the same time as you gonna have to set myself the goal to rank higher than you :3
XGeneral2000

Woobowiz wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

I don't know the comparison is all that valid - FtB has a weird leveling system that directly affects your score, and as you said, a smaller playerbase that's not necessarily very good (I don't know too much - I played FtB like 5 years ago when it was just a simple Beatmania browser clone). In any case, it reports you have <600 plays, so unless you're a rhythm gaming prodigy, I'm going to guess the playerbase isn't particularly amazing.

Have you seen Beatmania videos? Like FCs of Nageki no Ki, or Mendes? That's more the level of the wider rhythm gaming community, and that's the kind of competition you're up against on osu!. And Cookiezi was solidly #1 in a that kind of community. Not #97 of a fairly unknown rhythm game.

Not saying you can't do it, but be careful you don't make light of what you're trying to do.
TheVileOne
Well there isn't a consequence if he doesn't meet it. It will certainly be a learning experience. I'm curious to see just how fast someone can improve with the proper training.
aizhid

JMC wrote:

good luck...

that cookiezi picture avatar, makes me want to cry.
Wishy
Progress is fast when you are terrible, it gets slower the better you get, you can jump from FCing normals to FCing most average insanes in a month or two, it will probably take years to get to the point where you can FC really hard insanes. I mean you can see how they don't have a filled-with-max-combos top 50 scoreboard.

Talking about Cookiezi tier, has anyone reached his level yet? Haven't been following any pro for months.
xasuma
Nope, no one close imo.. best bet is www if he plays more maybe
Ethelon

TheVileOne wrote:

Well there isn't a consequence if he doesn't meet it. It will certainly be a learning experience. I'm curious to see just how fast someone can improve with the proper training.
I had this kind of enthusiasm for improving quickly and played ridiculous amounts per day, but after I hit 15k I lost the drive to endlessly grind. I figure 2 months to 15k is pretty decent, but at this point I've pretty much given up getting to a high respectable rating anytime soon.
But who knows maybe this guy's got more perseverance than me, hell his most played is almost 9x my most played.

Cheers if you're still this optimistic in a few months.
Karuta-_old_1

He's trying hard alright
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

He's trying hard alright
H-hey~ :cry: I'm studying for finals, so those were on the breaks between.

After finals I'm gonna try really hard!

(also I just wanted to improve my streaming)
GoldenWolf
Why playing autopilot? Streaming isn't only about moving your fingers up and down, it's about doing that at the same time as you move your cursor to follow the streams, and that's way harder than doing half of the job
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

GoldenWolf wrote:

Why playing autopilot? Streaming isn't only about moving your fingers up and down, it's about doing that at the same time as you move your cursor to follow the streams, and that's way harder than doing half of the job
Because I was practicing on a break at the lab and my tablet was at home.
Pettanko
Autopilot will make you worse at the game with how retarded its timing is.
Vuelo Eluko

Pettanko wrote:

Autopilot will make you worse at the game with how retarded its timing is.
wut
B1rd
When I put on autopilot it makes me somehow do worse.. I have to pretend to move my cursor to actually hit the notes lol
meteor22
I support you despite of what some badmouth and jelly people say,

I have faith in you ^^
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Lots of progress, and Summer hasn't even started.

Cleared quite a few songs.

A-Rank Wahrheit
B-Rank Remote Control
B-Rank Killer Song
B-Rank Hiatus (Uploading Video)
-Chronopolis-

Woobowiz wrote:

A-Rank Wahrheit
B-Rank Remote Control
B-Rank Killer Song
God damn it, you're going to be past me in another week (I can get equal letter grades, but definitely not on a whim.) Keep at it :P

Woobowiz wrote:

A-Rank Wahrheit
B-Rank Remote Control
B-Rank Killer Song
but Killer Song and Hiatus aren't even that hard.

Besides, all you're playing is overrated ranked songs, and none unranked.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/258058 beat the ar10 diff of this and I'll be impressed
TheVileOne
What unranked songs did Cookiezi play? I only know of DELTAMAX.

TheVileOne wrote:

What unranked songs did Cookiezi play? I only know of DELTAMAX.
He played a couple, like Story of my Wife and True Truly Love.

But lots of good players play unranked as well as ranked.
GoldenWolf

Faces3 wrote:

But it's not even hard

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/68740 Should beat this and I'll be impressed!
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Faces3 wrote:

But it's not even hard

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/68740 Should beat this and I'll be impressed!
hurr dur
smallfry

Faces3 wrote:

but Killer Song and Hiatus aren't even that hard.

Besides, all you're playing is overrated ranked songs, and none unranked.

why put him down lol?
It's still progress nonetheless.
show more