forum

Tablet + Mouse, anyone?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nooblet
Like the title says. No, I'm not joking. Has anyone tried it? If not, give it a try before commenting(those who have tablets), play a few songs not just one, it takes a bit to get used to. You will most likely be hitting everything a bit too soon since mouse keys are easier to click.

It started out with trying tablet-only, but I couldn't hit 1/4's so it turned into tablet+K1, then tablet+M1, then this. I'm not expecting it to replace Tab+Key or anything like that, it's just a bit of a change in play style when you're bored or tired or in multiplayer. I've actually gotten higher scores with this a few times randomly. Could just be due to not playing those maps for a while and doing better when going back, though.

Personally I find it a lot easier to click (although still inconsistent because clicking is way different from tapping), seems like it'd be possible with some practice. Streaming feels weird as shit but I think finding a way to keep the mouse stable would help with that.

Example of something I decided to try playing while posting this: Replay of O.T.N [S.S] The streams are still horrible because I keep worrying about the mouse moving while streaming :/
djjsixpack
I used to mess around with this a bit, I just used some masking tape and stuck it under the sensor. I was never that good using it though, kb just suits me better I guess.
GoldenWolf
Tried that once
Felt worse than laptop keys lol
Topic Starter
nooblet

djjsixpack wrote:

I used to mess around with this a bit, I just used some masking tape and stuck it under the sensor. I was never that good using it though, kb just suits me better I guess.
Masking tape. Now that sounds like a good idea for making the mouse stop XD.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Tried that once
Felt worse than laptop keys lol
;w; but I use laptop keys...

rekt ;-;...
Karuta-_old_1
I use a standard usb or ps/2 mouse, they are not clicky and I've tried and it didn't work (single click is ok). I'm not saying it is impossible though, it's just that I don't feel the need to invest in mouse and my grip is wrong from the beginning
Shinjite
I've used this setup for a good few weeks, before this I could not even stream 160bpm, but with mouse I was able to complete a few dragonforce songs.
The biggest problem I had with it was that I kept losing grip of the mouse, aswell as my single tapping becoming horribly slow.
Just my experience, went back to keyboard when my new keyboard arrived. (was using blue switches prior >.>)
Blueprint
Live play add a fat donate button and I promise to donate you my left over money when my account sells (another game) after I order a new tablet or keyboard depends how much money I get, seems like it would be entertain g to watch